For The Sports  

Go Back   For The Sports > Fantasy Discussion > Mock Offseason

Old 02-14-2020, 06:56 PM   #541
Jughead
LeBron James is a bitch

I tried to go full blown realism. The Ravens cap situation isn't great this year (especially with not being able to extend players in this mock). I maybe made it worse by overrating and franchising Judon, but I think a made some solid additions on defense while the #1 ranked offense remained intact. Did so with giving them a very good cap situation in 2021.

Last edited by Jughead; 02-14-2020 at 07:04 PM.
Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 07:00 PM   #542
dg151
LeBron James is a bitch

Dolphins have all the resources and a crazy rich owner that wants to spend so my epic offseason is very realistic except the part about good things happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
Please don't berate me for being insanely right, all the time.
dg151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 07:48 PM   #543
BeerBaron
Super Senior Member

Pittsburgh Steelers Offseason Recap:

Signings and Trades:
Bud Dupree (Transition Tag)
(Trade) TE Adam Shaheen
DT Marcell Dareus - 3 years, $15m ($5m per)
TE Vance McDonald - 2/6 (3)
OT Kelvin Beachum - MIN
G/C BJ Finney - MIN
DL Austin Johnson - MIN
LB Darron Lee - MIN
LS Kameron Canaday - MIN

Draft Picks:
2-49: EDGE Terrell Lewis, Alabama
3-102: G Logan Stenberg, Kentucky
4-121: CB Essang Bassey, Wake Forest
4-132: LB Justin Strnad, Wake Forest
5-175: WR James Proche, SMU
6-199: RB Darius Anderson, TCU
7-233: DB Shyheim Carter, Alabama
UDFA: DL Teair Tart, FIU
UDFA: CB John Reid, Penn St.

Position Breakdown:

QB: Didn't make any moves here, though I was tempted (their cap situation made it difficult to afford anyone who could be considered an upgrade at backup QB). Roethlisberger's return to health will be crucial.

RB: Again, it was hard to afford anyone that actually would have upgraded the group. I traded away Jaylen Samuels who, despite some pass-catching ability, was one of the worst actual runners-of-the-football in the league last year. I did select Darius Anderson in the 6th round to bring in a shiftier, speedier element to the position they were lacking.

WR: An already talented group that needs to get and stay healthy. The only addition was James Proche in the 5th round, who fits the mold the Steelers have had success with over the years. (Smaller, good hands, good route runner.)

TE: Released and re-signed Vance McDonald for a cheaper deal, which is a plus. Also traded a bag of used footballs (really a 7th round pick) for Adam Shaheen. Seems like a Steelers type move.

OL: There was no way they could afford to keep Matt Feiler, but they have drafted Zach Banner and Chukwuma Okorafor in mid-rounds the last two years seemingly in anticipation of that. They can battle for that job. I was able to retain prominent and experienced backup BJ Finney, who can play both guard and tackle. I also took a cheap FA flyer on former Steeler Kelvin Beachum to provide some depth. Finally, I used a third round pick on the ascending Logan Stenberg, likely the successor to Ramon Foster at LG.

DL: There was no keeping Javon Hargrave at those market prices. In a move that feels very Steeler-like, I honed in on Marcel Dareus as a replacement. He was cheap and, because he was cut, won't hurt the team when it comes to future compensatory picks. Austin Johnson was added for depth, as was UDFA Teair Tart.

LB: It seems like the team wants to keep Bud Dupree after his breakout year, so I did with the Franchise Tag. Still, depth and a possible future replacement was needed, so I took Terrell Lewis with the team's first draft pick in the 2nd round. He should, like most Alabama defenders, be a solid starter if never a star. The team also likes getting athletic cover ILBs in the mold of Shazier and Bush. I drafted one in the unfortunately named Justin Strnad and took a cheap FA flyer on Darron Lee as depth.

CB: A solid if unspectacular area where they are returning both starters and the nickel corner. Added two depth players that seem to fit their desired mold in 4th rounder Essang Bassey and priority UDFA John Reid.

S: They are set with starters and one quality backup, but I did add Shyheim Carter in the 7th round who likely projects best to safety as a pro. Should be a solid STer if nothing else.

ST: No changes other than re-signing LS Kameron Canaday.

Best Move: Cutting and re-signing Vance McDonald on the cheap. It freed up just enough to franchise Dupree and sign a Hargrave replacement.

Best Bargain: Dareus at $5m per. Fills right in at NT.

Worst Bargain: Franchising Dupree. I wanted to tag and trade, but couldn't even get a full 2nd round pick for him. Lesson learned.

Most Realistic Move: The first two draft picks, Lewis and Stenberg, feel like Steelers type of players.

Least Realistic Move: Nothing really jumps out. Maybe trading away Jaylen Samuels.

Overall: The team was in cap hell, and nothing I really added will mean much unless Roethlisberger is healthy. If he is, I feel like I kept the team solid enough to be a playoff contender. If he isn't, they'll disappoint again.
Old 02-14-2020, 08:10 PM   #544
BeerBaron
Super Senior Member

NY Jets Offseason Recap:

Signings and Trades:

(Trade) - OT Trent Williams
WR Amari Cooper - 6 years, $126m ($21m per)
OT Cordy Glenn - 3 years, $30m ($10m per)
C/G Ted Karras - 4 years, $38m ($9.5m per)
LB Nick Kwiatkowski - 4 years, $32m ($8m per)
CB Jimmy Smith - 2/8 (4)
P Lac Edwards - 2/3 (1.5)
WR Randall Cobb - 3/15 (5)
WR Danny Amendola - 1/4 (4)
QB Trevor Siemian - MIN
TE Tyler Eifert - 1/2
OT Brandon Shell - MIN
OG Mike Iupati - 1/2
EDGE Bruce Irvin - MIN
NT Danny Shelton - 1/2
LB David Mayo - MIN
CB Rashaan Melvin - MIN

Draft Picks:
1-11: WR Jerry Jeudy, Alabama
3-68: RB Jonathan Taylor, Wisconsin
3-79: EDGE Kenny Willekes, Mich. St.
4-117: NT Benito Jones, Ole Miss
5-159: S JR Reed, Georgia
6-192: OT Charlie Heck, N. Carolina
7-226: TE Matthew Wilkerson, Edward Waters College
UDFA: QB Brian Lewerke, Mich. St.
UDFA: C Frederick Mauigoa, Wash. St.

Position Breakdown:

QB: I took aim at a couple of better backups, but ultimately, bringing Trevor Seimian back isn't a terrible option. Also signed Brian Lewerke as a priority UDFA as a camp arm and likely a practice squad developer.

RB: Wasn't planning to do much more than find a decent backup to Bell, then had Jonathan Taylor fall into my lap. He's more than adequate to spell Bell and, if the team decides to get out of Bell's contract after this year, could certainly be the full-time starter.

WR: One of the team's two major need areas, and I addressed it strongly. I paid what I had to in order to get Amari Cooper, the only thing close to a true #1 WR on the market. I also added Randall Cobb and Danny Amendola on a one year deal. During the draft, I continued beefing up this group with Jerry Jeudy in the 1st round. Positions 1-4 on the WR chart were all upgraded.

TE: A healthy Chris Herndon can likely man the starting job, but I was also able to add Tyler Eifert on a cheap one-year deal. He was finally healthy for the first time in a long time last year and will contribute. Finally, I took a 7th round flyer on tiny schooler Matthew Wilkerson to develop.

OL: The second of the team's major need areas, and another I addressed as hard as I could. I was able to acquire Trent Williams for only a 2nd round pick, who will lock down the LT job. I then picked up Ted Karras, Mike Iupati, and Cordy Glenn at C, RG, and RT, making four new starters on what was a pitiful OL. I did retain Brandon Shell on a cheap deal for depth, as well as added Charlie Heck in the 6th round. Frederick Mauigoa was a priority UDFA with potential to be the backup center.

DL: They were fairly well set here, but I added a potential future starter at NT (with Steve McClendon being 34) in teh 4th round with Benito Jones. I then lucked out late in free agent and was able to steal Danny Shelton away from the Pats.

LB: Got one new starter on the inside in Nick Kwiatkowski (coming off a breakout year) and one on the outside in Bruce Irvin, who had a career best 8.5 sacks last season. In the 3rd round, I drafted Kenny Willekes as a rotational EDGE player and potential future starter, then added quality backup ILB David Mayo late in free agency.

CB: Probably the team's third biggest need position. Jimmy Smith is one instant starter I got cheaply, and added the experienced Rashaan Melvin as depth. Both are lankier corners they seem to prefer.

S: They're set with starters, but depth was needed. JR Reed should be a good piece who won't embarrass himself if forced to start.

ST: No major changes other than re-signing P Lac Edwards.

Best Move: Getting Trent Williams solves one of the team's biggest issues with a high quality player (assuming he didn't let himself go to hell in his year off).

Best Bargain: Jimmy Smith, a quality-if-older starting corner, for $4m per.

Worst Bargain: I probably overpaid for both Karras and Glenn, despite both being upgrades for the team.

Most Realistic Move: Overpaying for the middling OLmen.

Least Realistic Move: I don't think Amari Cooper even hits free agency without at least the transition tag, making this move unlikely.

Overall: This is a team that picked up steam late last year and won 6 of their final 8. The offense has been reloaded with pass catching weapons and the o-line significantly improved. The defense also overachieved last year despite injuries, and is now healthy with quality additions. This is, however, the Jets. They'll fuck it up.
Old 02-14-2020, 08:15 PM   #545
fenikz
LeBron James is a bitch

BB pretty spot on AZ analysis
Old 02-14-2020, 08:55 PM   #546
D-Unit
Super Senior Member

Great job BB!!!!!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 11:24 PM   #547
fischbowl

The Buffalo Bills Forum Mock Offseason in Review!!

Objective

The Buffalo Bills are coming off their second playoff appearance in the past 3 and 19 years. Under GM Fischbowl and Head Coach Sean McDermott, the building blocks are finally coming together and for once, the Bills are looking like a real American football club. Our needs were simple:

- Give 3rd-Year QB Josh Allen some protection and weapons to work with as either he establishes himself as a legitimate NFL starter or falls flat on his fucking face.
- Shore up an aging, under-performing pass rush and replace retiring OLB Lorenzo Alexander.
- Add depth to our Offensive Line and Secondary and find project players to develop into future starters.

Veteran Free Agent Signings

G/T Michael Schofield
EDGE Shaq Lawson
LB Patrick Onwuasor
DT Jordan Phillips
CB Daryl Worley
HB Jordan Howard
LB A.J. Klein

2020 Draft Picks

1(22): Laviska Shenault Jr., WR, Colorado
2(54): Noah Igbinoghene, CB, Auburn
3(86): Jonathan Greenard, EDGE, Florida
4(125): Willie Gay Jr., LB, Mississippi State
5(156): Yasir Durant, OL, Missouri
5(168): Larrell Murchison, DT, North Carolina State
6(189): Michael Ojemudia, DB, Iowa
6(202): Jeff Thomas, WR, Miami
6(208): Alex Taylor, OT, South Carolina State

Undrafted Free Agent Signings

Michael Warren II, HB, Cincinnati
Josh Metellus, S, Michigan
Charlie Taumoepeau, TE/FB, Portland State

The Resulting Depth Chart

QB: Allen > Barkley > Webb
HB: Singletary > Howard > Yeldon > Wade > Warren II
FB: DiMarco > Taumoepeau
WR: Brown > Williams > Foster > Thomas > McCloud
WR: Shenault > Beasley > McKenzie > Roberts > Easley
TE: Knox > Kroft > Smith > Sweeney > Croom > Becker
LT: Dawkins > Nsekhe
LG: Feliciano > Durant
C: Morse > Long
RG: Schofield > Boettger
RT: Ford > Bates > A. Taylor > Salako

EDGE: Hughes > Lawson > D. Johnson
DT: J. Phillips > Lotuleilei > V. Taylor
DT: Oliver > H. Phillips > Murchison
DE: Murphy > Greenard > Love > Woodard
OLB: Milano > Joseph > D. Phillips
MLB: Edmunds > Klein
OLB: Onwuasor > Gay > Thompson > Dodson
CB: White > Igbinoghene > Ojemudia > Lewis
CB: Worley > Wallace > T. Johnson
FS: Poyer > J. Johnson
SS: Hyde > Neal > Metellus

K: Hauschka
P: Bojorquez > Vedvik
LS: Ferguson

Thoughts, anyone?
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 12:14 AM   #548
Caddy
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
I tried to go full blown realism. The Ravens cap situation isn't great this year (especially with not being able to extend players in this mock). I maybe made it worse by overrating and franchising Judon, but I think a made some solid additions on defense while the #1 ranked offense remained intact. Did so with giving them a very good cap situation in 2021.
I did the same thing with the Buccaneers and still had like 30M cap left by the end, but I think it left me with a more realistic off-season acquisition wise.

Thanks for playing, everyone!
Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 12:44 PM   #549
BeerBaron
Super Senior Member

Thanks for participating everyone, it was another fun year. We'll regroup a few weeks before the draft to hold another forum mock.
Old 02-19-2020, 02:09 AM   #550
mightytitan9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Thanks for participating everyone, it was another fun year. We'll regroup a few weeks before the draft to hold another forum mock.
Thanks for running it!
Old 02-19-2020, 10:43 AM   #551
Caddy
Super Senior Member

Yep thanks for getting this together, BB!
Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote