For The Sports  

Go Back   For The Sports > General Discussion

Old 01-09-2019, 04:51 PM   #101
JoeJoeBrown
Super Senior Member

We got Stuffed Fables for Christmas.

Great to play with the family. Really enjoyed it.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/...stuffed-fables
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:02 PM   #102
Grizzlegom
#1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
if you haven't played Secret Hitler, I suggest you get it: https://www.amazon.com/Secret-Hitler/dp/B01JKD4HYC

this has become a regular choice among my friends while we drink
All the mafia on here burned me out on these types of games, haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
We got Stuffed Fables for Christmas.

Great to play with the family. Really enjoyed it.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/...stuffed-fables
I have been eyeing that one up too. Looks great and seems kid friendly. I got Gloomhaven for Christmas so that's probably gonna consume me for the next couple months at least.
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:17 PM   #103
JoeJoeBrown
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post

I have been eyeing that one up too. Looks great and seems kid friendly. I got Gloomhaven for Christmas so that's probably gonna consume me for the next couple months at least.
I can't remember how old your kids are (along with your sister's kids that last I remembered you were basically raising).

For reference, my seven year old loved it. He loves games and is also patient. I say that as a warning as there were times where we almost lost him because my brother in law and I hadn't played before and were kinda lost as to what to do in spots and had to read and/or look online for help.

I would recommend playing through yourself first so you don't lose the kids that are impatient.

You should get the game. Has a ton of replayability and difficulty levels. Plus the stories are great.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:06 AM   #104
Grizzlegom
#1 Dad

We finally got to play Stuffed Fables and I really liked it. The kids/wife weren't as into it as I thought they'd be though I suspect it was for the reason you mentioned above that I was stumbling through the rules. We played it at a game cafe so we didn't even really have someone to bounce questions off of or teach us the game. I have started watching gameplay videos, reading rulebooks, and setting up games by myself when nobody else is around to try and get myself an idea before trying to get them to play. My older son (9) will sit through anything and loves playing but my younger one (7) and wife don't do downtime.

Also, while I'm here, another kickstarter plug:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...th/furtherance

Multiple paths to victory, PVP, engine/city building, asymmetric leader abilities, and doesn't overstay its welcome. I met the creator and playtested this one a couple times (will be seeing him again this weekend as the kickstarter closes and hopefully funds) and he seems really down to earth and really wants to just get the game into people's hands and have them love it like he does. Only needs like 10 more pledges to get over the hump to funded.
Old 03-21-2019, 06:57 PM   #105
Brothgar
Super Senior Member

Quote:

I pledged the Tainted Grail KS the game looks like a beast.

Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 06:59 PM   #106
KCJ58
2017 Mock Draft Champion

This is the game that me and my friends play most weeks, if you download and play the game with the App, it does all the math for you. Great game

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 07:09 PM   #107
nepg
LeBron James is a bitch

Finally picked up Root. Waiting anxiously for a game night.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 07:23 PM   #108
Grizzlegom
#1 Dad

Can't say I've heard of Cashflow. Looks like an older game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
I pledged the Tainted Grail KS the game looks like a beast.

Tainted Grail does look fantastic. I also backed that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Finally picked up Root. Waiting anxiously for a game night.
I've been really wanting to try Root. The latest expansion is up on Kickstarter right now and I've thought about backing all in but I've heard that its a heavier game that you need a core group of 4 people to play with consistently in order for the game to not last forever and be fun. I have a few of those games already and they just sit on my shelf collecting dust so I decided to pass. I only got Gloomhaven and was in on Tainted Grail because of the solo mode.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:36 PM   #109
JoeJoeBrown
Super Senior Member

Thinking about backing Furtherance. I just read up on that Tainted Grail. You fuckers must be rich to be dumping that much on a board game.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:52 PM   #110
Grizzlegom
#1 Dad

I've been spending too much money on games lately...I've backed like 30 projects since Pax back in mid-November. I've also bought a ton of games I've missed out on/wanted as well as new bookshelves to store them on. It's getting a little out of hand and I really need to stop...

On the other hand, I'm going to the big Unpub event in Baltimore this weekend so I'll be playtesting a ton of games that will likely be hitting kickstarter over the next year so it will be tough to not back the ones I really like.
Old 03-21-2019, 08:11 PM   #111
JoeJoeBrown
Super Senior Member

Quote:
I've been spending too much money on games lately...I've backed like 30 projects since Pax back in mid-November. I've also bought a ton of games I've missed out on/wanted as well as new bookshelves to store them on. It's getting a little out of hand and I really need to stop...

On the other hand, I'm going to the big Unpub event in Baltimore this weekend so I'll be playtesting a ton of games that will likely be hitting kickstarter over the next year so it will be tough to not back the ones I really like.
As long as you have the budget for $2k-$4k per year for gaming, go for it.
Old 03-22-2019, 05:20 AM   #112
Brothgar
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Thinking about backing Furtherance. I just read up on that Tainted Grail. You fuckers must be rich to be dumping that much on a board game.
Meh when you consider that you are also getting two expansions with it it isn't that much. Core pledge is $90 which is basically 30 for the core game and 30 for each expansion.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 04:18 PM   #113
Grizzlegom
#1 Dad

Amazon deal of the day is board games:

https://www.amazon.com/s/browse/ref=...G2zyragNpvHJMo
Old 05-21-2019, 06:29 PM   #114
Grizzlegom
#1 Dad

Holy fuck they are printing an Urza card.
Old 05-29-2019, 06:20 PM   #115
nepg
LeBron James is a bitch

Played the first few chapters Betrayal Legacy today weekend. Everyone of us can't wait to play more. It's so fan good and so well done. So much care went into the design.
Old 07-07-2019, 06:13 AM   #116
nepg
LeBron James is a bitch

Finally got to play Root. All my friends agree it's fucking great. Learning the rules is an ordeal, but everyone was in agreement that it's in the rotation when we don't have enough to play Legacy Betrayal.
Old 07-09-2019, 10:24 PM   #117
nepg
LeBron James is a bitch

Grizz, have you played the Transformers TCG?
Old 07-10-2019, 12:31 AM   #118
Grizzlegom
#1 Dad

I have not
Old 07-15-2019, 02:12 PM   #119
nepg
LeBron James is a bitch

Picked up the Devastator and Metroplex starter decks and tested a bunch. The game is easy to learn and pretty fun. The moment your constructicons form Devastator feels as epic as it should.
Old 11-12-2019, 07:29 PM   #120
Grizzlegom
#1 Dad

Anyone play any sweet new games lately? I spent the day yesterday playing games. Finally played the Lord of the Rings deck building game and that was a blast. I haven't played a straight deck builder of that type in a long while and I think I forgot that those are my favorite types of games. Played Towers of Arkhanos next, simple but thinky game. Then played Fleet: the Dice Game, which I think the best roll and write out there.

Finished the day with Football Highlights 2052. I really love Baseball Highlights 2045 so I had high hopes for its football successor and it was pretty solid. Don't think I like it as much as the baseball game but its pretty good once you get through the clunky rulebook.