For The Sports  

Go Back   For The Sports > General Discussion

Old 08-14-2019, 02:47 PM   #45801
dg151
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
I agree, he’s a shit stain. Being mad about it is dumb. Just let him be a shit stain to the people that want to consume his shit stain behavior.
And you could have just ignored the people who were mad but here we are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
Please don't berate me for being insanely right, all the time.
dg151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 02:48 PM   #45802
nepg
LeBron James is a bitch

Fernando has ignored you guys being outraged by nonsense for quite some time, TBF.

Mainstream internet society never learned to not feed trolls. 90% of the shit in mainstream media is troll feeding anymore. It's been insane to watch it happen.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 02:50 PM   #45803
Kyle
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg151 View Post
And you could have just ignored the people who were mad but here we are.
To be fair, not really. It was like 75% of twitter yesterday.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 02:53 PM   #45804
Brodie
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Fernando has ignored you guys being outraged by nonsense for quite some time, TBF.

Mainstream internet society never learned to not feed trolls. 90% of the shit in mainstream media is troll feeding anymore. It's been insane to watch it happen.
Trolling has led to dudes in the altright becoming genuine mass murderers, the entire gamergate movement, and Donald Trump becoming President. It's not exactly harmless.
Old 08-14-2019, 02:54 PM   #45805
badger
Super Senior Member

Glad we all agree it was stupid for AOC to acknowledge them on twitter
Old 08-14-2019, 02:57 PM   #45806
Prock
Super Senior Member

It's my personal opinion that being a troll makes you an asshole, per rule of goats. That being said I'm going to change the subject before my moral policing triggers Nando into a long form essay on every reason I'm a bad person.

How a McConnell-backed effort to lift Russian sanctions boosted a Kentucky project

An exposé on his corrupt politicking is probably ruining Mitch's morning.
Prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 02:59 PM   #45807
The Alex

I don't know anything about Barstool Sports other than that they seem like a poor man's tribute to Opie & Anthony but with a sports focus and without the God known as Patrice O'Neal.

The end. Cut to black. Audience goes fucking apeshit.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 03:05 PM   #45808
nepg
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
Trolling has led to dudes in the altright becoming genuine mass murderers, the entire gamergate movement, and Donald Trump becoming President. It's not exactly harmless.
Because idiots feed the trolls and even dumber people think the trolling is real behavior.

Let's ban sarcasm and satire, though.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 03:08 PM   #45809
The Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
But it has also lead to Baneposting and thus all the negatives are absolved.

The end. Cut to black. Audience goes fucking apeshit.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 03:09 PM   #45810
dg151
Super Senior Member

I need Shams thoughts on the yield curve and the Christmas break tariffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
Please don't berate me for being insanely right, all the time.
dg151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 03:20 PM   #45811
Zak
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
No you don't. It's going to be nothing to see here and I see what you're upset about today.
Zak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 03:22 PM   #45812
iowatreat
Super Senior Member

Quote:
The tariffs are so good for us that we can afford to delay them 4 months...

But seriously, Trump actually said that he decided to delay the tariffs to avoid hurting families buying gifts for Christmas...and then in the same breath said that there was minimal to no impact of the tariffs on consumers buying goods.

It's like they have no idea how tariffs work or impact the economy, and just magically believed that doing so will not only bring production immediately back to the US but also automatically make things cheaper. Imagine thinking this president is smart...
iowatreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 03:43 PM   #45813
Babylon
LeBron James is a bitch

Kudlow admitted months ago that US consumers were going to pick up the tab. No confusion except for the idiots like Sham who swallow everything the guy says. Look at it as a tax hike and it makes more sense.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 04:08 PM   #45814
iowatreat
Super Senior Member

But I was told China would cave so fast. Now I'm just waiting for the complaint on here that China cheated by manipulating their currency so it isn't fair.

It's almost like tariffs have been tried so many times over the years and almost never work, and when they do work it's with a country that can't afford to lose US trade. How did anyone look at China, an economy at worst equal to the US (generally speaking on a global scale), and think they would crumble because of America's big bad tariffs? Like how dumb do you have to be?
Old 08-14-2019, 04:23 PM   #45815
towelie
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat View Post
But I was told China would cave so fast. Now I'm just waiting for the complaint on here that China cheated by manipulating their currency so it isn't fair.

It's almost like tariffs have been tried so many times over the years and almost never work, and when they do work it's with a country that can't afford to lose US trade. How did anyone look at China, an economy at worst equal to the US (generally speaking on a global scale), and think they would crumble because of America's big bad tariffs? Like how dumb do you have to be?
i think the point was to encourage more american-made products to be bought, by artificially making chinese goods more expensive. since america imports from china more than china imports from america, china would feel the damage on tit-for-tat tariffs more.

theoretically, that would make chinese goods less cost attractive and encourage more demand for american-made goods which would create more theoretical american manufacturing jobs.

it hasn't played out that way because china has a central government that will quietly bail out banks and other industries as needed for the sake of their long-term plan and their people can't raise too much stink about it
towelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 04:25 PM   #45816
Babylon
LeBron James is a bitch

Xi, Kim, and Putin all know they can wait out this idiot.
Old 08-14-2019, 04:52 PM   #45817
iowatreat
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by towelie View Post
i think the point was to encourage more american-made products to be bought, by artificially making chinese goods more expensive. since america imports from china more than china imports from america, china would feel the damage on tit-for-tat tariffs more.

theoretically, that would make chinese goods less cost attractive and encourage more demand for american-made goods which would create more theoretical american manufacturing jobs.

it hasn't played out that way because china has a central government that will quietly bail out banks and other industries as needed for the sake of their long-term plan and their people can't raise too much stink about it
Right but that's always the argument and almost never takes into account who the opposing party is or what the possible reaction will be. It's always "well if we make Chinese products cost more, everyone will buy American and that will create tons of jobs in America!" And everytime people eat that shit up like maybe this time it will work when most times it doesn't.

Again, it's more important to know who you are facing than to just blindly implement a policy because that's what the party wants you to do since it makes them look good trying to make america great again.

Tariffs only work in very specific circumstances, for very specific products or goods, and with very specific opposing parties. It doesn't work when the US buys tons of majorly used electronics and goods used everyday from the largest producer in the world.
Old 08-14-2019, 05:19 PM   #45818
badger
Super Senior Member

I've clearly been living under a rock as I just realized Andrew Cuomo and Chris Cuomo were brothers.
Old 08-14-2019, 05:21 PM   #45819
Prock
Super Senior Member

At the risk of coming off as the moral police, this is a bad person.
Prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 05:28 PM   #45820
Babylon
LeBron James is a bitch

Makes for a catchy campaign slogan.

Tags
#timesupmen, based and redpilled, bbd =troll, block_sham_block_sham, brodie complains too much, brodie is <- of marx, get over it you lost, harambe incest, ignore jerrah zac, infowars.com, jr voted for trump, justburndownalabama, middle-out, money over everything, nazi white house, new users wtf, trickle down urineomics, trigger warning, wrong wall button