For The Sports  

Go Back   For The Sports > General Discussion

Old Today, 08:11 PM   #87741
Jughead
LeBron James is a bitch

You're sacrificing one hour of sleep in one night for an additional hour of daylight in the afternoon for 7 months or so. Seems like a no brainer to me. Anyone who complains about the loss of sleep can get the fuck out of here.
Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:18 PM   #87742
ImBrotherCain
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak View Post
60?!? Good stuff!
Yeah man, I need a whole new wardrobe. I was a depressed overweight schmuck. I have always been bigger, I played linebacker in HS at 220, and was my the smallest of my adult life at 200.

I ballooned up to 300ish for the last umteen years, but seeing 240 on the scale has been a nice change of pace.

I think having my daughter, not eating because I am bored/depressed/etc. and just generally trying to take control of my life has allowed me to shed it. Getting back on the bike this year and doing some weight training I hope to get back to HS football days at 220.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:19 PM   #87743
Rob S
LeBron James is a bitch

Time should just be what it is, but if you must fuck around with it I very much prefer the spring forward.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:19 PM   #87744
Dan
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I feel both of these right now. As much as I love my animals, life is so chaotic right now that I feel like I can't give them the love and the attention they deserve.

My little one is set to turn 17 months here in a few days. Watching her learn and grow has been the best part of my life so far. But then there are days she vomits milk 3x in the same spot hours apart and I want to go find a nice quiet closet to have a mental breakdown in.
Congrats sir. Mine didn’t vomit much but the separation anxiety when her mom left for work was borderline traumatic for me. Hours upon hours of intensive screaming for probably a few months every night she left for work.

I didn’t take but a few days off after mine was born I think I’m likely to regret that for a while longer.

I know there are parents here that are much farther down the trough than us as far as tenure of parenting; this is what blows my mind: there’s so much more complicated stress to incur like adolescence and coping with them not wanting to talk to you or something. That’s why I savor it every time she runs up to me when I get home
Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:23 PM   #87745
towelie
LeBron James is a bitch

are dead baby jokes not funny after becoming a parent?
towelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:29 PM   #87746
Fernando
LeBron James is a bitch

Are dead dog jokes not funny after losing one?
Fernando is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:33 PM   #87747
Babylon
LeBron James is a bitch

I just want to add a disclaimer that it gets so much better when they become teenagers. Iíll take a bit of separation anxiety over Dad donít worry iím staying at a friends house tonight anytime.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:47 PM   #87748
towelie
LeBron James is a bitch

i don't think i've ever heard a dead dog joke
towelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:51 PM   #87749
Dragon
Super Senior Member

Dead baby jokes are my favorite.
Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:54 PM   #87750
Dragon
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Time should just be what it is, but if you must fuck around with it I very much prefer the spring forward.
Washington voted to keep the Spring time year around, but we're waiting for federal approval. I hate Fall time.
Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote