For The Sports  

Go Back   For The Sports > General Discussion

Old 10-09-2019, 05:01 PM   #47521
towelie
LeBron James is a bitch

EW started with $12m from her senate re-election fund so it's convenient for her to not take big money during the primaries with such a headstart.

EW will take big money during the general election:
Quote:
WARREN: So, look, I’ve never actually been in a deeply competitive primary. I get it. Republicans come to the table armed to the teeth. They’ve got all of their donors, their wealthy, wealthy donors. They’ve gone their super PACs. They’ve got their dark money. They’ve got everything going for them.

I’m just going to be blunt. I do not believe in unilateral disarmament. We got to go into these fights, and we got to be willing to win these fights.

HAYES: So, this applies to the primary. Like, were you to get the nomination —

WARREN: This is a primary —

HAYES: — or anyone else gets the nomination, like, just raise all the money you can how ever you can.

WARREN: Yes
Historical Data:
HRC spent $1.1 billion (between her campaign and Super PACs), and Trump spent only $616 million.

AOC spent $1.6 million to defeat Joe Crowley who spent $4.3 million.

Last edited by towelie; 10-09-2019 at 05:07 PM.
towelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 05:04 PM   #47522
towelie
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prock View Post
There doesn't really seem to be any strategic advantage to this either, would love to see what the quid pro quo was with Erdogan.
how about a step toward ending the endless wars and getting out of the ME?

turkey needs to be in the good graces of the west, so they're not gonna genocide the kurds.

the military-industrial complex wants people to think "but if the US military leaves, what about x, y, and z?"
Old 10-09-2019, 05:06 PM   #47523
fenikz
LeBron James is a bitch

You need to check those numbers again lol
Old 10-09-2019, 05:06 PM   #47524
towelie
LeBron James is a bitch

it's such a sneaky and deceptive con to play the game of "i'm gonna take big money now because the opponent does, but then i will reform campaign finance!"

once you're bought, you're bought.
Old 10-09-2019, 05:07 PM   #47525
Babylon
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prock View Post
There doesn't really seem to be any strategic advantage to this either, would love to see what the quid pro quo was with Erdogan.
My guess is this comes down from Putin.

I'm sure South Korea, Japan, and a bunch of the smaller EU countries have a warm fuzzy feeling this morning.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 05:09 PM   #47526
towelie
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
You need to check those numbers again lol
trillion edited to billion

according to bloomberg, it's HRC 1.2b vs. DJT 646m
Old 10-09-2019, 05:11 PM   #47527
Brent
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Not sure people realize how much of a betrayal this is.
it's super fucked up; especially after they fought ISIS for their own land and should have been recognized as sovereign Kurdistan.

Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 05:12 PM   #47528
Brent
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by towelie View Post
EW will take big money during the general election
as I posted on the last page, towel

Old 10-09-2019, 05:14 PM   #47529
towelie
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
My guess is this comes down from Putin.

I'm sure South Korea, Japan, and a bunch of the smaller EU countries have a warm fuzzy feeling this morning.
the kurds don't want turkey more involved in syria since they are historical foes. thus the headlines about them feeling betrayed. but it's hysteria to think turkey and ISIS are gonna collude to wipe out the kurds, when turkey needs to be in good graces with the west.

aren't you sick of the US military being involved in the region with no semblance of progress in syria or iraq or afghanistan?
Old 10-09-2019, 05:19 PM   #47530
towelie
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
it's super fucked up; especially after they fought ISIS for their own land and should have been recognized as sovereign Kurdistan.

by who? the west?

it would produce a israel-palestine type conflict for generations after westerners unilaterally designate land to their preferred brown group.

it's incredible messy, but western involvement will only exacerbate the sectarian issues. it needs to be handled and determined by the regional players for it to have any hope of a long-term and stable solution.
Old 10-09-2019, 05:36 PM   #47531
Brodie
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
by who? the west?

it would produce a israel-palestine type conflict for generations after westerners unilaterally designate land to their preferred brown group.

it's incredible messy, but western involvement will only exacerbate the sectarian issues. it needs to be handled and determined by the regional players for it to have any hope of a long-term and stable solution.
Read this thread

Old 10-09-2019, 05:40 PM   #47532
Jughead
LeBron James is a bitch

Can't trust her. No checkmark. Plus a woman.
Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 05:51 PM   #47533
Babylon
LeBron James is a bitch

I donít have a problem with pulling out of Syria but Trump basically gave Turkey the green light to move in as opposed to saying donít do it. Threatening sanctions is like telling a teen youíre going to take their lunch money away.
Old 10-09-2019, 05:56 PM   #47534
towelie
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
Read this thread
it's ideal, but our country realistically isn't going to mature to that level any time soon. withdrawing from the situation, as it has little to do with america's security, is the next step to stop the proliferation of america's endless wars.

there'll be numerous inevitable conflicts in that region stemming from the incompetent historical intervention from the west in the 20th century (e.g. durand line) and the ethnic and religious sectarianism.

the latter is cultural and the in-group members need to directly participate in their self-determinism. involvement of outsiders in negotiations will dilute responsibility as the outsider can always be blamed if there's a breakdown in agreements, and most of the regional players don't want to compromise so they're looking for reasons to not cooperate.

i'm not supporting how US is supplying the saudis that are fighting the war, but it's still progress from american soldiers killing middle easterners when they have no legitimacy to be policing or governing the area.
Old 10-09-2019, 06:05 PM   #47535
Brent
Super Senior Member

Quote:
by who? the west?
The West fucked it all up after WWI when they decided to draw boundaries that didn't consider existing areas. Palestine was it's own country after WWI, so your compariosn only works if you consider post-WWII boundary drawing by the West.
Old 10-09-2019, 06:15 PM   #47536
towelie
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
The West fucked it all up after WWI when they decided to draw boundaries that didn't consider existing areas. Palestine was it's own country after WWI, so your compariosn only works if you consider post-WWII boundary drawing by the West.
i was making the point that an outside group unilaterally taking land from a sovereign nation to designate for their preferred group in the area (disliked by their neighbors) is a terrible idea unless the point is to have a fragile and insecure state that is completely dependent on the US for it's survival.

most of the historical fuckups by the west in africa and the middle east stem from hubris and imperialist mentality. let the stakeholders decide their fate, for better or worse. it'd be a future that they determine and have responsibility for. rather than something they can blame outsiders for.

because of america intervention in the last 30 years, every ME issue can be blamed on or traced back to american foreign policy.
Old 10-09-2019, 06:21 PM   #47537
towelie
LeBron James is a bitch

run again queen!
Old 10-09-2019, 06:24 PM   #47538
Brent
Super Senior Member

Quote:
i was making the point that an outside group unilaterally taking land from a sovereign nation to designate for their preferred group in the area (disliked by their neighbors) is a terrible idea unless the point is to have a fragile and insecure state that is completely dependent on the US for it's survival.
or you could use wild idea called "diplomacy" and work with Iraq, Turkey, Syria and Iran, to find some way they could coexist.
Old 10-09-2019, 06:38 PM   #47539
towelie
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
or you could use wild idea called "diplomacy" and work with Iraq, Turkey, Syria and Iran, to find some way they could coexist.
diplomacy among those states are fine but the west doesn't need to get involved in settling an inherently middle eastern issue.

do you think israel would've been created by any measure of diplomacy? i just think some things aren't feasible through diplomacy.

if you go through the immense trouble to create a kurdish state, there are other ethnic nations, like the pashtuns, who also have been screwed over by border designations from outsiders.
Old 10-09-2019, 06:40 PM   #47540
Babylon
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
run again queen!
She's still 50x better than that bum.

Tags
#timesupmen, based and redpilled, bbd =troll, block_sham_block_sham, brodie complains too much, brodie is <- of marx, get over it you lost, harambe incest, ignore jerrah zac, infowars.com, jr voted for trump, justburndownalabama, middle-out, money over everything, nazi white house, new users wtf, trickle down urineomics, trigger warning, wrong wall button