For The Sports  

Go Back   For The Sports > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2019, 02:25 PM   #69681
iowatreat
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 5,869
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak View Post
Ehh still organizing they should get a tip from the winner depending on how much they are really doing. I wouldn't actually take a fee out but would expect a small tip.
There are very few pools where the organizer is doing enough work to warrant getting any money. If the winner wants to give them something, that's fine, but taking money for yourself is super douchebaggy. If you don't have time to type info into a spreadsheet, then don't run a pool.

Someone in our office is doing Super Bowl squares and basically charging the cost of their square(s) as an admin fee.
iowatreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 02:36 PM   #69682
Brent
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 10,318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
Doing crash keto occasionally has helped me kick some bad habits but I absolutely can’t do it for a sustained period of time. I’ve made some serious progress in the last year, but eating completely clean is impossible.
This is how I feel; I have no intention of doing total keto for a long time. Mostly I just need to lose some weight that I gained over the last couple years. I used to be an athletic 175-180 from like high school up until about two years ago. Then I put on like 10 lbs during the summer of '17, and have been struggling to lose it ever since. I doubt I'll lose 10 lbs in three weeks, but if I can get close, I'll feel a lot better. After this three week trial, I will probably stick to a low-carb lifestyle with the occasional week of keto, especially over the summer when I am less active. I think the biggest thing I've realized is that I drink too much beer too often and my metabolism just isn't what it used to be. Also, I am getting back into lifting which should help with that.

Oh, I think ketosis finally kicked in because I woke up this morning completely energized unlike the last three days.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 02:38 PM   #69683
Rob S
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: All the bacon and eggs you have
Posts: 12,032
Default

There are few worse feelings than when you take a dump and your body stubbornly refuses to let you jettison everything.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 02:39 PM   #69684
Brent
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 10,318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
There are few worse feelings than when you take a dump and your body stubbornly refuses to let you jettison everything.
like constipation or just slow-movers?
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 02:39 PM   #69685
Rob S
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: All the bacon and eggs you have
Posts: 12,032
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
This is how I feel; I have no intention of doing total keto for a long time. Mostly I just need to lose some weight that I gained over the last couple years. I used to be an athletic 175-180 from like high school up until about two years ago. Then I put on like 10 lbs during the summer of '17, and have been struggling to lose it ever since. I doubt I'll lose 10 lbs in three weeks, but if I can get close, I'll feel a lot better. After this three week trial, I will probably stick to a low-carb lifestyle with the occasional week of keto, especially over the summer when I am less active. I think the biggest thing I've realized is that I drink too much beer too often and my metabolism just isn't what it used to be. Also, I am getting back into lifting which should help with that.

Oh, I think ketosis finally kicked in because I woke up this morning completely energized unlike the last three days.

I actually think youíll lose at least 6 lbs if you do strict keto for 3 weeks, probably more.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 02:39 PM   #69686
Jughead
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 11,934
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
This is how I feel; I have no intention of doing total keto for a long time. Mostly I just need to lose some weight that I gained over the last couple years. I used to be an athletic 175-180 from like high school up until about two years ago. Then I put on like 10 lbs during the summer of '17, and have been struggling to lose it ever since. I doubt I'll lose 10 lbs in three weeks, but if I can get close, I'll feel a lot better. After this three week trial, I will probably stick to a low-carb lifestyle with the occasional week of keto, especially over the summer when I am less active. I think the biggest thing I've realized is that I drink too much beer too often and my metabolism just isn't what it used to be. Also, I am getting back into lifting which should help with that.

Oh, I think ketosis finally kicked in because I woke up this morning completely energized unlike the last three days.
You're less active in the summer?
Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 02:41 PM   #69687
Rob S
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: All the bacon and eggs you have
Posts: 12,032
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
like constipation or just slow-movers?
Idk what it is, I guess mild constupation? But basically youíve taken the dump, but know thereís more in there. So you sit there waiting for the rest, but youíre body stubbornly wonít release the remaining 10%. Eventually you give up, knowing youíll be returning later on in the day to finish what you started.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 02:43 PM   #69688
Brent
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 10,318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
You're less active in the summer?
Definitely, I am on my feet almost all day during the school year; when I used to wear a fitbit, I would hit 10-12k steps easily. Then on top of that I am working out, too. However, during the summer, I workout every day but outside of that I'm usually just sitting around the house or running errands; I don't come close to hitting that level of activity.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 02:43 PM   #69689
Fernando
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 14,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak View Post
Ehh still organizing they should get a tip from the winner depending on how much they are really doing. I wouldn't actually take a fee out but would expect a small tip.
I ran a Super Bowl pot and weekly pick ems last year in my office. I didnít take any fee or cut but I definitely should have. Itís a giant pain in the ass organizing it and collecting.
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 02:44 PM   #69690
Brent
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 10,318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Idk what it is, I guess mild constupation? But basically youíve taken the dump, but know thereís more in there. So you sit there waiting for the rest, but youíre body stubbornly wonít release the remaining 10%. Eventually you give up, knowing youíll be returning later on in the day to finish what you started.


throw one of these in your morning coffee.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 02:44 PM   #69691
Fernando
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 14,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat View Post
There are very few pools where the organizer is doing enough work to warrant getting any money. If the winner wants to give them something, that's fine, but taking money for yourself is super douchebaggy. If you don't have time to type info into a spreadsheet, then don't run a pool.

Someone in our office is doing Super Bowl squares and basically charging the cost of their square(s) as an admin fee.
If you donít think selling and collecting 100 squares warrants a cut of the pot, then donít play.
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 02:45 PM   #69692
Rob S
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: All the bacon and eggs you have
Posts: 12,032
Default

Plus, being outside during TX summer seems awful, so can't imagine you'll just randomly go for a walk or something unless it's absolutely necessary.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 02:47 PM   #69693
Brent
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 10,318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Plus, being outside during TX summer seems awful, so can't imagine you'll just randomly go for a walk or something unless it's absolutely necessary.
Being outside during the summer in Texas means going to the pool/a body of water or moving from one A/C building to another A/C building.

If it were nice outside when I am off work, I'd probably walk/ride my bike everywhere.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 02:51 PM   #69694
Jughead
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 11,934
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Being outside during the summer in Texas means going to the pool/a body of water or moving from one A/C building to another A/C building.

If it were nice outside when I am off work, I'd probably walk/ride my bike everywhere.
True. I guess you can do more in your winters. I just go from heated building to heated building in the winter. Between the cold and darkness, it is by far my least active time of the year. Not using my grill also leads to me to eat more unhealthy.
Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 02:55 PM   #69695
Rob S
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: All the bacon and eggs you have
Posts: 12,032
Default

Year round relatively comfortable grilling weather is a huge perk of hot weather climates. I save both money and time during grilling season in addition to eating healthier.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 03:02 PM   #69696
iowatreat
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 5,869
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
If you donít think selling and collecting 100 squares warrants a cut of the pot, then donít play.
Oh I don't play any where someone takes a cut.

I used to run it for our office. It's literally 10 minutes of work to set up and 10 minutes of work to tally everything after the game. The rest is just people writing their names on a piece of paper.

Running a pick'em or weekly pool, if you aren't doing it through a website, I can see taking a fee because that's constant work.
iowatreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 03:04 PM   #69697
Prock
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 10,297
Default

Running a one time pool is a volunteer activity. I don't support people nicklin' and dimin' on an activity they set up and want to do.
Prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 03:18 PM   #69698
Fernando
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 14,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat View Post
Oh I don't play any where someone takes a cut.

I used to run it for our office. It's literally 10 minutes of work to set up and 10 minutes of work to tally everything after the game. The rest is just people writing their names on a piece of paper.

Running a pick'em or weekly pool, if you aren't doing it through a website, I can see taking a fee because that's constant work.
That’s.. an interesting take on it. It takes a minute to print the board, yeah. How do you go about selling 100 squares at whatever $ a piece? How do you collect? This is assuming most people you talk to are willing to buy more than one.

If you think it’s that simple, why don’t you set it up? I mean, it’ll only take 10 minutes. I ran one last year and selling/collecting took just about the entire two weeks.
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 03:20 PM   #69699
bigbluedefense
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 19,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Waking up before 7 is awful. Let alone before 5.
I wake up at 4 every day. I go to sleep at 12. If the baby keeps me up, I can sometimes go to bed at 2. I'm slowly dying a painful death. Although to be fair, if I'm up til 2, then I sleep til 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I definitely have some advantages that I work from home so all my meals are home cooked. Iíve also been taking it easy on the drinking and going out which has coincided with a number of my friends doing some sort of whole 30 so itís been easier.

I also fell into a 16:8 intermittent fast routine as Iíve never been a breakfast person. IF has been known to aid in weight loss.

Dan last time I did keto and dropped this kind of weight I did T25 every weekday. Rest every weekend. This time Iím doing weight training. Iím like the results better this time
You've been able to weight train while on keto? I struggle with it. I do keto to lose weight, then I go low carb and workout to maintain.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 03:22 PM   #69700
Brent
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 10,318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I wake up at 4 every day. I go to sleep at 12.
this is unsustainable, how are you possibly doing this?
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
brodie hates everyone, chicken sandwich, editable weed!, editables, poopface, wmd is a sandwich, your mom is a sandwich

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.