For The Sports  

Go Back   For The Sports > Sports Discussion

Old 06-09-2015, 02:58 AM   #21
nepg
LeBron James is a bitch

F1 is great, but it's fairly unregulated and basically the teams with the most money have the best tech and always win. Corruption is inherent.

Indy would be blowing other racing out of the water if they had any clue how to market their product.

Last edited by nepg; 06-09-2015 at 03:01 AM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 11:13 PM   #22
Kyle
LeBron James is a bitch

Tiger being irrelevant nowadays is such a bummer.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 11:50 PM   #23
JoeJoeBrown
Super Senior Member

Yeah, Indy is run by a bunch of idiots, apparently.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 01:03 AM   #24
Babylon
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Tiger being irrelevant nowadays is such a bummer.
Looking like he might miss the cut. Never cared for him personally but his fall is sort of sad.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 01:51 AM   #25
wogitalia
Super Senior Member

Indy is just one nation though, F1 is worldwide which is why it's so much bigger and Indy always gets back to the fact that half the courses are just driving in circles which is not what the majority of the worlds motorsport fans want to see.

Motorsports in general are just a tech race though which makes them hard to support, the drivers have become borderline irrelevant and the teams are just research labs which kind of makes it hard to pick a favourite, they've removed basically all the personality and charisma from the sports (regardless of which form).

Tiger is just old and injured and pretty much since he gave up the hookers he hasn't been as good. Needs to go back to old Tiger of putting things in holes on and off the course!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 02:00 AM   #26
Babylon
LeBron James is a bitch

My guess is Woods is full on Hookers since he broke up with Vaughn. His game has several problems.
Old 06-19-2015, 03:00 AM   #27
badger
Super Senior Member

It's really sad watching Tiger play as poorly as he has. There are literally thousands of casual golfers that could beat him currently.
Old 06-19-2015, 03:34 AM   #28
p2w
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
It's really sad watching Tiger play as poorly as he has. There are literally thousands of casual golfers that could beat him currently.
I think you're under estimating how good pro golfers are.
p2w is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 03:39 AM   #29
Kyle
LeBron James is a bitch

Tiger could show up hung over on no sleep, and if he shot on any of the courses I've ever played at he would break every course record without breaking a sweat.
Old 06-19-2015, 03:42 AM   #30
badger
Super Senior Member

My statement was somewhat of a hyperbole, but he shot an 85 a couple weeks ago and 80 today. There are definitely thousands of golfers that could shoot the 85 at Memorial.
Old 06-19-2015, 04:18 AM   #31
p2w
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
My statement was somewhat of a hyperbole, but he shot an 85 a couple weeks ago and 80 today. There are definitely thousands of golfers that could shoot the 85 at Memorial.
There definitely aren't thousands of casual golfers who could shoot 85 on one of the worst rounds of their life, on a pro course, from the pro tees, when it has been groomed to pro conditions (faster greens, thicker rough, all rules enforced strictly...etc.)

Again, you're underestimating how good pros are.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:43 AM   #32
wogitalia
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2w View Post
There definitely aren't thousands of casual golfers who could shoot 85 on one of the worst rounds of their life, on a pro course, from the pro tees, when it has been groomed to pro conditions (faster greens, thicker rough, all rules enforced strictly...etc.)

The word casual changes things a bit, there are without a doubt thousands of people who can shoot that score on that course, hell the PGA keeps ranking on ~6500 players on their website, every one of them is going to be playing off a + handicap.

Even then though, there are absolutely thousands who could hit that score, even under those conditions. I've got 5 mates that I play with regularly who have all hit scores of that or better on the pro level courses we have played.

I think you're underestimating just how many people play golf and just how bad that score is. The difference between pros and casuals is the ability to significantly under the 75 mark but there are plenty out there who can hit an 85 with pretty decent regularity and an even greater bunch capable of it a couple of times a year.

I can think of about 30 people I know that I would rate as a genuine chance to hit that kind of score, now admittedly there are only about 10 of those I'd think of backing to do it but being capable of doing it is all that was implied.
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 12:49 PM   #33
badger
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2w View Post

As I said before, it was a hyperbole. I know how good the pros are and I know there aren't thousands actually better than Tiger, but there are many that could put up the same scores he is on their best days. My original point was that it's sad how poorly he's playing...his round yesterday and the 85 honestly didn't look like a professional. He got beat by a 15 year old yesterday.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:52 PM   #34
badger
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
I think you're underestimating just how many people play golf and just how bad that score is. The difference between pros and casuals is the ability to significantly under the 75 mark but there are plenty out there who can hit an 85 with pretty decent regularity and an even greater bunch capable of it a couple of times a year.

I can think of about 30 people I know that I would rate as a genuine chance to hit that kind of score, now admittedly there are only about 10 of those I'd think of backing to do it but being capable of doing it is all that was implied.

That is basically what I meant. Thanks, wog.

I saw somewhere that Tiger had 1 round that was 80+ in his first 1250 rounds played as a pro and he's now done it 3 times this year.
Old 06-19-2015, 04:54 PM   #35
p2w
Super Senior Member

We are arguing different thing so there's not a huge point in continuing.

Either way, Tiger has been poo. That we can agree upon.
Old 06-19-2015, 06:20 PM   #36
Babylon
LeBron James is a bitch

Jordan Speith needs to stop bitching about the course. It's the same challenge for everyone. My guess is if he wins he'll be all smiles.
Old 06-19-2015, 06:26 PM   #37
Kyle
LeBron James is a bitch

What did he say?

Agreed that it's the same for everyone, but selfishly as a fan I can't stand links style courses. Just awful to look at.
Old 06-19-2015, 06:28 PM   #38
p2w
Super Senior Member

I like ancient British links courses. Not a huge fan of American ones trying to be them.
Old 06-19-2015, 06:42 PM   #39
Babylon
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
What did he say?

Agreed that it's the same for everyone, but selfishly as a fan I can't stand links style courses. Just awful to look at.
Complaining about how terrible a certain hole was. The course is challenging. That's the point of the US Open.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:25 PM   #40
Babylon
LeBron James is a bitch

Tiger won't make the cut. I like how the network is pretty much ignoring him today.

Tags
baseketball, blernsball, boxing, competitive shitting, formula 1, golf, midget olympics, tennis