For The Sports  

Go Back   For The Sports > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2020, 05:24 PM   #421
vidae
Super Senior Member
 
vidae's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,939
Default

i9-9900k 8core, 2080TI, etc, also got liquid cooling which I've been a little hesitant in the past, hope it doesn't explode and kill me. I didn't realize how cheap ram/ssds are now, was a nice surprise luls
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJayUNF View Post
Future generations will look back at this time where abortion is celebrated with disgust equal to that with which we look at slavery today.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 05:37 PM   #422
fenikz
LeBron James is a bitch
 
fenikz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 17,492
Default

They are about to jump in price again, prebuilts are not a bad deal anymore you more or less get what you pay for
__________________
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 05:40 PM   #423
towelie
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: hollywoo
Posts: 14,736
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
Do you need parts?

I have an i5-4690k/motherboard/32GB RAM/970 I need to get rid of. Don't really want to split up the MB pieces, but happy to ship any of it to anyone to get it out of my house.
anyone? including me? promise you won't send me a mailbomb?
towelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 06:29 PM   #424
Brent
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 11,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
i9-9900k 8core, 2080TI, etc, also got liquid cooling which I've been a little hesitant in the past, hope it doesn't explode and kill me. I didn't realize how cheap ram/ssds are now, was a nice surprise luls
did you buy it from a builder or are you doing it yourself?
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 07:11 PM   #425
njx9
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 2,357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by towelie View Post
anyone? including me? promise you won't send me a mailbomb?
Anyone.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 07:13 PM   #426
Brent
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 11,147
Default

what would I need to make that a functioning PC, njx? also I am calling dibs on it.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 07:41 PM   #427
vidae
Super Senior Member
 
vidae's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,939
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
did you buy it from a builder or are you doing it yourself?
I could have done it myself but I bought it from a builder because I've been busy as fuck lately and when I'm not busy I'm super lazy.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJayUNF View Post
Future generations will look back at this time where abortion is celebrated with disgust equal to that with which we look at slavery today.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 07:54 PM   #428
Brent
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 11,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I could have done it myself but I bought it from a builder because I've been busy as fuck lately and when I'm not busy I'm super lazy.
what builder did you use?
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 07:56 PM   #429
vidae
Super Senior Member
 
vidae's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,939
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
what builder did you use?
NZXT BLD. Heard some good things from a friend of mine and they weren't that expensive when I compared the same system at some other places.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJayUNF View Post
Future generations will look back at this time where abortion is celebrated with disgust equal to that with which we look at slavery today.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 08:15 PM   #430
njx9
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 2,357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
what would I need to make that a functioning PC, njx? also I am calling dibs on it.
Hard drives, case, power supply. I think that's it.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 08:16 PM   #431
Brent
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 11,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
Hard drives, case, power supply. I think that's it.
that's it? I really want your free stuff now. my PC is 10 years old.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 08:18 PM   #432
njx9
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 2,357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
that's it? I really want your free stuff now. my PC is 10 years old.
Yeah, the rest should be pretty complete. I'll double check when I get home, but I don't think anything else is missing. PM me your address whenever and I'll Fedex it. Might need a once over with a compressed air can, but should be in great shape otherwise.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 08:21 PM   #433
Brent
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 11,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
Yeah, the rest should be pretty complete. I'll double check when I get home, but I don't think anything else is missing. PM me your address whenever and I'll Fedex it. Might need a once over with a compressed air can, but should be in great shape otherwise.
awesome! I really appreciate it.

once I get it, I'll need help from people in here choosing a case/power supply/assembly.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 08:26 PM   #434
KCJ58
2017 Mock Draft Champion
 
KCJ58's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Hermosa Beach, CA
Posts: 8,700
Default

I want to buy a PC for gaming but I don't want to build it myself. Anything under $1,000.00 is fine, what should I buy?
KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 08:40 PM   #435
vidae
Super Senior Member
 
vidae's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,939
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
I want to buy a PC for gaming but I don't want to build it myself. Anything under $1,000.00 is fine, what should I buy?
Need more information bro. What kinda games do you wanna play? What kinda quality in those games do you want to see? etc
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJayUNF View Post
Future generations will look back at this time where abortion is celebrated with disgust equal to that with which we look at slavery today.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 08:48 PM   #436
KCJ58
2017 Mock Draft Champion
 
KCJ58's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Hermosa Beach, CA
Posts: 8,700
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Need more information bro. What kinda games do you wanna play? What kinda quality in those games do you want to see? etc
I only want to play Command and Conquer and other steam games like CounterStrike & 5 Nights at Freddys


I don't know much about quality but 1080 seems fine. Idk if this information will help.
KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 08:55 PM   #437
fenikz
LeBron James is a bitch
 
fenikz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 17,492
Default

you dont need a $1000, maybe $200-400

Check to see if there is a $400 one of these near you
https://brickseek.com/walmart-invent...?sku=902037635
__________________

Last edited by fenikz; 01-07-2020 at 09:11 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 09:14 PM   #438
towelie
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: hollywoo
Posts: 14,736
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
awesome! I really appreciate it.

once I get it, I'll need help from people in here choosing a case/power supply/assembly.
this site will show you which parts are compatible with one another. input the parts you have first.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/
towelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 08:11 PM   #439
fenikz
LeBron James is a bitch
 
fenikz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 17,492
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
I only want to play Command and Conquer and other steam games like CounterStrike & 5 Nights at Freddys


I don't know much about quality but 1080 seems fine. Idk if this information will help.
Just bought a cheap HP that I plan on added a GPU to that could work for you

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F254470054875

Plus

https://www.amazon.com/ZOTAC-GeForce...1650+lo&sr=8-5

Should run most anything at 1080 60 fps on near max settings
__________________
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 08:14 PM   #440
nepg
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 19,321
Default

I'm holding off until 30X0.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nintendo 64, ps4

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.