For The Sports  

Go Back   For The Sports > Sports Discussion > Individual Team Threads

Old 09-03-2020, 03:38 PM   #9701
Zak
LeBron James is a bitch

Gave up a 7th rounder yesterday for a CB from Denver.
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 03:41 PM   #9702
Jughead
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak View Post
Gave up a 7th rounder yesterday for a CB from Denver.
He seems to fit the mold of CBs we've been going after. And he's under contract for next year too. Other than that I've got nothing, haha. Low risk.
Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 10:15 PM   #9703
BaLLiN
Super Senior Member

A lot of good moves by the Giants. Connelly probably not healthy enough to make roster so they'll either sneak him in or wait till Mayo goes to IR/PUP. There are a ton of rookies I wanted in the draft that are out there as well as a few other players worth kicking tires on.
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 05:15 PM   #9704
Jughead
LeBron James is a bitch

No reaction to last night?

It's so hard to have an opinion. With the crazy offseason with a first time head coach and going up against what might be the best defense in the league (hopefully), I'm hoping we see a big difference against Chicago.
Old 09-15-2020, 05:39 PM   #9705
Zak
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
No reaction to last night?

It's so hard to have an opinion. With the crazy offseason with a first time head coach and going up against what might be the best defense in the league (hopefully), I'm hoping we see a big difference against Chicago.
Yeah tough to gauge. Some good but mostly bad. OL and D are still far away which is the theme since 2016.

I actually think Jones is going to have a very Eli like career. Make some great throws and win games but also make us scratch our heads as to what he was thinking so he's actually the least of my worries right now.

The closer we get to handing Barkley a big contract the more I hate the pick. The OL sucks but it seems he doesn't really gain yards on his own up the middle. If he is in space he's pretty unstoppable. He still sucks at picking up the blitz.

Andrew Thomas looked good on some plays. Everyone else not really. Hernandez regressed or something I don't know. As you mentioned though it's 3 new starters against one of the best front 7 in the league so I will still give a pass. I just don't see how we're going to be able to count on them in 2021 even and Gettleman promised he would fix the line.

Martinez such an upgrade over Ogletree. Still no pass rush. Secondary not too good either. Bradberry looks to be really solid but Peppers, Ballentine and Love all stink. D. Lawrence is a monster and Williams is overpaid as we thought. We got gashed pretty good in the run game which should be our best part of the D.
Old 09-15-2020, 05:42 PM   #9706
Jughead
LeBron James is a bitch

I thought Carter looked pretty good too.
Old 09-15-2020, 05:47 PM   #9707
Zak
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
I thought Carter looked pretty good too.
On like 2 or 3 plays he did. Did we even get any sacks besides Leonard that one play? Golden or Ximenes didn't even remember hearing their names.

Even if Judge is a great coach the talent on this team is lacking so much that I can only see a max of 5 or 6 wins with our tough schedule. That means we'll have a top 10 pick for the 4th year in a row.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:25 PM   #9708
Jughead
LeBron James is a bitch

Oh yea, Evan Engram still sucks. Can't wait to dump him.
Old 09-16-2020, 06:38 AM   #9709
BaLLiN
Super Senior Member

We had no preseason, OL gets a pass this game despite some poor play. We lost three players who would have been starters in defensive backfield to Injury/Prison/COVID. We are going to have some warts, we are a young team.

Daniel Jones development is paramount and he throws a pretty fucking ball my god. Obviously some dumb stuff. Slayton is a baller man, Shepard made some tough grabs, Engram is so underwhelming and honestly should just be moved outside to wideout truly. Martinez looks godly compared to the bullshit we are used to.
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:44 PM   #9710
Mel Pipeher
Super Senior Member

Some takeaways from the game:

-Dimes looks legit but they have to get him a center before he becomes David Carr. They will ruin this kid if they don't protect him.

-Barkley isn't the type of back who will stick his foot in the ground and get north. He prefers dancing around until he gets the highlight play. If we can't be creative enough to get him in space or put a competent OL in front of him, he's a waste here. Also, he's a terrible pass blocker. I know I'm piling on.

-Carter, Lawrence, Martinez had good games. Epescially Martinez. Nice to see a LB who can get sideline to sideline and into the backfield.

-Defensive scheme left us vulnerable. I've never seen us get thrashed that bad by run audibles. The scheme is trash but I'll give it a few games to prove me wrong.

Lots of areas of to improve on. I'm looking at this whole season like a preseason for next year. Be competitve and make strides.
Mel Pipeher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 05:45 PM   #9711
Zak
LeBron James is a bitch

Barkley probably done for year and Jones and D look terrible. Fun game early.
Old 09-20-2020, 08:07 PM   #9712
Damix
Dictator

Just ran out of time, mostly because of the absurd bounce to Massie.

Barkley done for the year so it doesn’t matter anyway. The team shows glimpses but just not good enough yet.

btw we should of got one more play there that was definitely offsetting PI calls
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 04:30 PM   #9713
Zak
LeBron James is a bitch

Torn ACL confirmed.
Old 09-21-2020, 06:56 PM   #9714
Zak
LeBron James is a bitch

Think we'll sign Freeman?
Old 09-21-2020, 08:12 PM   #9715