For The Sports  

Go Back   For The Sports > Fantasy Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2018, 08:01 PM   #2141
Zak
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Jersey
Posts: 14,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
Am I crazy for wanting to start Eli instead of Stafford. Talk me out of this.
Probably not but I'm drinking the Kool aid for tonight.
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 08:03 PM   #2142
Jughead
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 13,467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak View Post
Probably not but I'm drinking the Kool aid for tonight.
He always plays well in Dallas. I'm doing it.
Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 08:03 PM   #2143
OSUGiants
Super Senior Member
 
OSUGiants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 7,133
Default

Giants/Cowboys Sunday night is ALWAYS sloppy football. You should know this. He and Dak will each throw at least 1 INT and there will probably be a fumble or two in there as well. Play Stafford
__________________
OSUGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 12:15 AM   #2144
Grizzlegom
Headmaster
 
Grizzlegom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Northampton, PA
Posts: 5,878
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
I'd actually go Crowder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prock View Post
I'd go Crowder.
The good news: I didn't listen to you guys.

The bad news: My opponent had Agholor, AJ Green, Big Ben, and Reek sooooo, RIP.
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 02:05 AM   #2145
Jughead
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 13,467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
The good news: I didn't listen to you guys.

The bad news: My opponent had Agholor, AJ Green, Big Ben, and Reek sooooo, RIP.
Bad News: Zuerlein got hurt in warmups and I started Eli.

Good News: Todd Gurley. I'm very likely to still win.
Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 03:59 AM   #2146
TitansCJftw
Super Senior Member
 
TitansCJftw's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Drunk Beach Bum
Posts: 2,929
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
Bad News: Zuerlein got hurt in warmups and I started Eli.

Good News: Todd Gurley. I'm very likely to still win.
this cost me the win
TitansCJftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 12:37 PM   #2147
Jughead
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 13,467
Default

I guess Fitzpatrick throwing bombs wasn't a fluke and I should try to claim Desean Jackson.
Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 07:45 PM   #2148
badger
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: badgerbacker
Posts: 4,306
Default

Philip Rivers @ Rams

or

Carson Wentz vs Indy

Leaning Wentz, but nervous about it being his first game back.
__________________
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:08 PM   #2149
fenikz
LeBron James is a bitch
 
fenikz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 20,388
Default

Wentz
__________________
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:08 PM   #2150
nepg
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 20,956
Default

I don't think Battle for Los Angeles will be a very high scoring game.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:14 PM   #2151
Rob S
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: All the bacon and eggs you have
Posts: 12,897
Default

So, I have both Mahomes and Russ in a .5 PPR league that starts QB, RBx2, WRx3, TE, FLEX. My team is pretty good, but I could stand to add something at RB (Gurley, Devonta Freeman, Ajayi, Alfred Morris) or WR (JuJu, Jarvis Landry, Golladay, Enuwa, Amendola, Rishard Matthews) and my TE situation is bad (Ben Watson). Currently leaning towards moving Russ, but thinking I could cash in on the (warranted) Mahomes hype train.

Question is - what kind of return would you want for each guy if you were me? Would you move Mahomes or Russ given that projected return?

Note that it's a keeper league and I could retain Mahomes for $13 next year, Russ would cost $20.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:17 PM   #2152
Jughead
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 13,467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
So, I have both Mahomes and Russ in a .5 PPR league that starts QB, RBx2, WRx3, TE, FLEX. My team is pretty good, but I could stand to add something at RB (Gurley, Devonta Freeman, Ajayi, Alfred Morris) or WR (JuJu, Jarvis Landry, Golladay, Enuwa, Amendola, Rishard Matthews) and my TE situation is bad (Ben Watson). Currently leaning towards moving Russ, but thinking I could cash in on the (warranted) Mahomes hype train.

Question is - what kind of return would you want for each guy if you were me? Would you move Mahomes or Russ given that projected return?

Note that it's a keeper league and I could retain Mahomes for $13 next year, Russ would cost $20.
I'm in a similar situation but on the other side. Want to trade for one of Russ/Mahomes as someone in my league also has both.
Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:18 PM   #2153
Prock
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11,639
Default

I dunno, not really sure how much people would value either of those guys. I would probably sell either one though if I was able to get a starter.
Prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:20 PM   #2154
Jughead
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 13,467
Default

I'm thinking about offering Marvin Jones for one of them. I drafted Jones in the same round they drafted Wilson.
Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:22 PM   #2155
fenikz
LeBron James is a bitch
 
fenikz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 20,388
Default

I always end up selling QBs for half of what they are worth, could just be my league though
__________________
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:23 PM   #2156
Rob S
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: All the bacon and eggs you have
Posts: 12,897
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
I'm in a similar situation but on the other side. Want to trade for one of Russ/Mahomes as someone in my league also has both.
What kind of talent at RB/WR would you be willing to part with?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Prock View Post
I dunno, not really sure how much people would value either of those guys. I would probably sell either one though if I was able to get a starter.
There are 2 teams I am targeting - both are very good and both have horrendous QB situations. One of them has Tyrod as lone QB - I offered Russ for Mike Evans hoping for a counter offer, but it was straight rejected which is fair enough. The other team has Stafford as lone QB and I offered Russ for Mixon thinking he may bite w/ the injury, but no such luck.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:33 PM   #2157
Jughead
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 13,467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
What kind of talent at RB/WR would you be willing to part with?
It really depends how good the Seattle offense looks tonight. I'd prefer Mahomes at this point but I think they obviously would prefer to keep Mahomes as well. But they will be 0-2 and will be dealing from a position of slight desperation. They also have Freeman who is out and was a high pick for them. Lots of variables to consider.
Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:38 PM   #2158
Rob S
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: All the bacon and eggs you have
Posts: 12,897
Default

So, looks like an offer of OJ Howard + 1 of Robert Woods, Keelan Cole, or Kerryon Johnson is on the table for Russ. Considering it, but was hoping for more of an impact starter (though OJ is a big upgrade for me at TE).

Thoguhts? Who would you go for of that WR/RB crew?
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:40 PM   #2159
nepg
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 20,956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
So, I have both Mahomes and Russ in a .5 PPR league that starts QB, RBx2, WRx3, TE, FLEX. My team is pretty good, but I could stand to add something at RB (Gurley, Devonta Freeman, Ajayi, Alfred Morris) or WR (JuJu, Jarvis Landry, Golladay, Enuwa, Amendola, Rishard Matthews) and my TE situation is bad (Ben Watson). Currently leaning towards moving Russ, but thinking I could cash in on the (warranted) Mahomes hype train.

Question is - what kind of return would you want for each guy if you were me? Would you move Mahomes or Russ given that projected return?

Note that it's a keeper league and I could retain Mahomes for $13 next year, Russ would cost $20.
Is there a passable QB for Week 12 out there? That could be a terrible week to have to bench Mahomes for some rando.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:43 PM   #2160
Rob S
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: All the bacon and eggs you have
Posts: 12,897
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Is there a passable QB for Week 12 out there? That could be a terrible week to have to bench Mahomes for some rando.
I will be bidding heavily FAAB wise for Fitzmagic this weekend, if only to preserve my trade leverage. Aside from him, it's your standard flotsam like Eli, Bortles, Andy Dalton, Derek Carr, etc.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
andy the goat dalton, brady=goat, still fuck tom brady

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.