For The Sports  

Go Back   For The Sports > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2021, 07:47 PM   #87541
towelie
LeBron James is a bitch
 
towelie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: hollywoo
Posts: 18,409
Default

i wood like to pound some balls with you
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
worthless subhuman trash who just compared wall ball to the Holocaust (days after threatening another poster's children). There is no schtick - that's his actual, real "personality".
towelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 07:50 PM   #87542
towelie
LeBron James is a bitch
 
towelie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: hollywoo
Posts: 18,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
So I got an all day appointment to fix my water for tomorrow, but they came out today when I'm not home. I called about it, and the lady says they don't do appointments for future days. What happened to the nice lady from this morning??? The people who work the phones are so fucking nasty all the time. I've never not been accused of lying when I've had to call them. It's something else.
i think it's the fabric of our american society deteriorating
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
worthless subhuman trash who just compared wall ball to the Holocaust (days after threatening another poster's children). There is no schtick - that's his actual, real "personality".
towelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 08:41 PM   #87543
Fernando
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 16,681
Default

For $100k cash, tax free, would you live in a van for 6 months? (We know nepg’s answer)
Fernando is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 08:42 PM   #87544
nepg
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 22,489
Default

I feel like that's really easy money.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 08:46 PM   #87545
Fernando
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 16,681
Default

I gotta say I’d really hate the idea of smelling like ass non stop for 6 months but unless you really really don’t need the money, you gotta do it.
Fernando is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 08:48 PM   #87546
nepg
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 22,489
Default

Planet Fitness $10/mo
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 08:48 PM   #87547
OSUGiants
Super Senior Member
 
OSUGiants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: looting damix’s house
Posts: 8,040
Default

You can still buy soap/shampoo and find YMCA’s, gyms, and even lakes/ponds to clean up in. That’s just getting paid for road tripping basically. An easy yes
__________________
OSUGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 08:49 PM   #87548
fenikz
LeBron James is a bitch
 
fenikz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 22,672
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
For $100k cash, tax free, would you live in a van for 6 months? (We know nepg’s answer)
of course
__________________

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 08:51 PM   #87549
nepg
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 22,489
Default

The hardest part would be not eating trash constantly. Everything else is pretty easy.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 08:53 PM   #87550
OSUGiants
Super Senior Member
 
OSUGiants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: looting damix’s house
Posts: 8,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
The hardest part would be not eating trash constantly. Everything else is pretty easy.
If the van has a stove, or hell even a mini fridge to keep salad stuff and cold cuts, then it’s very very easy
__________________
OSUGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 08:58 PM   #87551
fischbowl
Senior Member
 
fischbowl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Curse God And Die!
Posts: 734
Default

I have friends who base themselves in Brooklyn and sometimes spend month traversing the country in an RV. They fucking love it.
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 09:06 PM   #87552
iowatreat
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 8,498
Default

Yeah I mean do I get to stop places and shower? If so then I absolutely would and could do that. I would just drive around the country visiting people/places.

If I'm only allowed the utilities in my van, then still probably yes. Just hit up lakes and oceans.
iowatreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 12:01 AM   #87553
Rob S
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: All the bacon and eggs you have
Posts: 13,733
Default

If you’re single that’s like a year of getting no action (or action you want anyway). And if you’re in a relationship that’s a year of getting yelled at for determining living in a van was a good idea. No thank you.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 12:25 AM   #87554
iowatreat
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 8,498
Default

Is this a Brewster's Millions situation where you can't tell anyone why you're doing it? Any wife/gf who doesn't agree to $100k for 6 months of effectively not working and traveling should probably be dumped tbh.
iowatreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 12:55 AM   #87555
Prock
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 12,294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
If you’re single that’s like a year of getting no action (or action you want anyway). And if you’re in a relationship that’s a year of getting yelled at for determining living in a van was a good idea. No thank you.
Rob isn’t in to hippie girls I see.
Prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 12:57 AM   #87556
nepg
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 22,489
Default

Will you ever get another opportunity to explore the wonderful world of lot lizards first-hand?
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 12:58 AM   #87557
Rob S
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: All the bacon and eggs you have
Posts: 13,733
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prock View Post
Rob isn’t in to hippie girls I see.
Correct. 32 year old me has no time for this.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 01:36 AM   #87558
njx9
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 4,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat View Post
Is this a Brewster's Millions situation where you can't tell anyone why you're doing it? Any wife/gf who doesn't agree to $100k for 6 months of effectively not working and traveling should probably be dumped tbh.
I feel like two people doing this now, with nothing but the cash incoming, is getting to the point where you’re now losing money to live in a van.

Like, health insurance, retirement savings? What do I have to pay in taxes? How much am I paying to eat/shower, do laundry? I’m pretty sure there’s no way this is at all worth it to me.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 01:38 AM   #87559
Brent
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 13,551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
For $100k cash, tax free, would you live in a van for 6 months? (We know nepg’s answer)
when I was in my early 20s and single? yes. now? my back hurts all the time, so no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Correct. 32 year old me has no time for this.
the self-awareness is key here
Brent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 01:52 AM   #87560
nepg
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 22,489
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
I feel like two people doing this now, with nothing but the cash incoming, is getting to the point where you’re now losing money to live in a van.

Like, health insurance, retirement savings? What do I have to pay in taxes? How much am I paying to eat/shower, do laundry? I’m pretty sure there’s no way this is at all worth it to me.
$100k was tax free. He didn't say you can't still work.

Just shower at the gym.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.