For The Sports  

Go Back   For The Sports > Sports Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2021, 03:57 PM   #51921
Brodie
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Brodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 24,342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
I blame them a little. I get the concept of going for it with Luka but that injury was a pretty big deal and Porzingis' issues were pretty clear then too.
sometimes when certain individuals (me) yell about his issues and they become more prevalent when he's not on an awful team, well
__________________
Brodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 04:03 PM   #51922
Brent
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 13,633
Default

I get why they went after him at the time and gave him that contract; it all made sense at the time, but it's becoming clear that he's too big of a liability on defense.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 04:03 PM   #51923
TACKS
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Chairman of the Bored
Posts: 3,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
The MVP convo goes dead as soon as the actual MVP of the team goes out injured. Womp womp.
They're still 5-4 without AD even after losing 3 straight and still would have the best record in the East. Not your best troll, you gotta pick it up.
TACKS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 04:07 PM   #51924
Kyle
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 19,632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
sometimes when certain individuals (me) yell about his issues and they become more prevalent when he's not on an awful team, well
I think it was fair for people to hope that he would advance his game enough given the raw height/shooting combo along with the rim protection potential. But being 7'3 and slow with multiple serious lower body injuries it makes it pretty tough.
Kyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 04:14 PM   #51925
fenikz
LeBron James is a bitch
 
fenikz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 22,756
Default

I wonder if Ayton would be more valuable as a 3 point shooter, he gets quite a few offensive rebounds but never draws fouls
__________________

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 04:16 PM   #51926
comahan
Super Senior Member
 
comahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 4,716
Default

my 2 week old allstar picks already have a few things i really wanna change

cp3 has been amazing since i made that post, he definitely gets in over derozan now

and jaylen probably isnt a starter for me on the east anymore, not that theres a clear replacement for him in the backcourt, trae i guess?
__________________
comahan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 04:18 PM   #51927
Brodie
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Brodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 24,342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
I think it was fair for people to hope that he would advance his game enough given the raw height/shooting combo along with the rim protection potential. But being 7'3 and slow with multiple serious lower body injuries it makes it pretty tough.
The issue with the rim protection stuff was that his feet were so slow when defending in pick and rolls along with the fact that people are overlooking a giant dude having a pretty serious leg injury. That and he really needed to add some playmaking to his skillset, which his still hasn't.
__________________
Brodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 04:25 PM   #51928
fenikz
LeBron James is a bitch
 
fenikz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 22,756
Default

Is there a C requirement? CP3 should def get in over Gobert or Davis who isn't going to play anyways
__________________

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 04:36 PM   #51929
comahan
Super Senior Member
 
comahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 4,716
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Is there a C requirement? CP3 should def get in over Gobert or Davis who isn't going to play anyways
starters are three frontcourt and two guards

reserves are three froncourt, two guards, and two wildcard
__________________
comahan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 05:07 PM   #51930
Kyle
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 19,632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
The issue with the rim protection stuff was that his feet were so slow when defending in pick and rolls along with the fact that people are overlooking a giant dude having a pretty serious leg injury. That and he really needed to add some playmaking to his skillset, which his still hasn't.
Right, it was a swing that maybe you make if you are worried about keeping Luka happy like the Jrue trade with Giannis. But Luka was a rookie at the time, where the hell is he going?
Kyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 05:10 PM   #51931
comahan
Super Senior Member
 
comahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 4,716
Default

porzingis final 20 games last year

26.7 pts, 10.5 reb, 2.4 ast, 2.1 blk
37% from 3 on 8 attempts per game
85% from the line on 7 attempts per game

he can be a difference maker, its not like hes a bum
__________________
comahan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 05:16 PM   #51932
TACKS
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Chairman of the Bored
Posts: 3,339
Default

Porzingis is a lot more appealing if he's your 3rd best player. But if you're building your team around a perimeter star/big man duo, you really need the big man to carry the load defensively and be a legit defensive anchor for that dynamic to really work.
TACKS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 05:17 PM   #51933
Kyle
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 19,632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
porzingis final 20 games last year

26.7 pts, 10.5 reb, 2.4 ast, 2.1 blk
37% from 3 on 8 attempts per game
85% from the line on 7 attempts per game

he can be a difference maker, its not like hes a bum

Right, but the defensive issues are still there and the longevity of his offensive game is a pretty big time question for a giant with serious knee problems. How many good years can you expect from a guy like that? The idea of a washed Porzingis as Luka's #2 for multiple years of his prime is not great.
Kyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 05:18 PM   #51934
Brent
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 13,633
Default

yeah the Mavs have been rumored to want Andrew Drummond to get some better defense from a big

and I think they're expected to go all in for John Collins if he hits RFA
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 05:21 PM   #51935
Brodie
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Brodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 24,342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
porzingis final 20 games last year

26.7 pts, 10.5 reb, 2.4 ast, 2.1 blk
37% from 3 on 8 attempts per game
85% from the line on 7 attempts per game

he can be a difference maker, its not like hes a bum
you would do this, you would
__________________
Brodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 05:35 PM   #51936
Fernando
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 16,711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKS View Post
They're still 5-4 without AD even after losing 3 straight and still would have the best record in the East. Not your best troll, you gotta pick it up.
Idk man, them all of a sudden being bad when AD goes out seems pretty telling. It’s just funny to see the “they’re good because of Lebron!” When they’re playing well and the “they’re bad because of literally everything else!” When Lebron is the one constant. And I’m not sure what their record in the East has to do with absolutely anything.

If Lebron is the MVP he should elevate his teammates and continue to do well as a team. If everything goes to shit when AD goes out maybe he’s the MVP.
Fernando is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 05:37 PM   #51937
Fernando
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 16,711
Default

Also Fenikz point shouldn’t go unnoticed, despite everything we knew about Luka Idk that anyone thought he’d be MVP caliber in his second year. The plan sort of accelerates when your young guy is already there. They had the right idea, imo, there just wasn’t a lot of choices at the time.
Fernando is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 05:39 PM   #51938
comahan
Super Senior Member
 
comahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 4,716
Default

maybe this bad run will convince lebron to finally switch up that awful facial hair look
__________________
comahan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 05:41 PM   #51939
Brent
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 13,633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
Also Fenikz point shouldn’t go unnoticed, despite everything we knew about Luka Idk that anyone thought he’d be MVP caliber in his second year. The plan sort of accelerates when your young guy is already there. They had the right idea, imo, there just wasn’t a lot of choices at the time.
oh for sure, look at how many moves were made once everyone realized how good Luka was. Mavs shipped half the roster immedately.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 05:43 PM   #51940
Kyle
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 19,632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
maybe this bad run will convince lebron to finally switch up that awful facial hair look
I don't know why he thinks the amish beard is a good look. Just stop shaving the damn mustache.
Kyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bbd is a voyer, bbd is coming back, bbd loses bets, block_sham_block_sham, dodododododo, hopelebronwinsbcfuckbbd, kat&wigrsoft, kcjfeelingsunny, kyrie carried lebron, no jazz in utah, paula cole, wherehaveallcowboysgone, zion fat off poboys

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.