For The Sports  

Go Back   For The Sports > General Discussion

Old 02-13-2021, 08:51 PM   #801
Dragon
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Quip View Post
How the heck do you get it to play? I fiddled with settings but it crashes immediately trying to start a new game.
Hmmm, I haven't had any problems. Maybe try reinstalling? Have you installed updates?
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 02:17 AM   #802
fenikz
LeBron James is a bitch

Made a lot of money the last couple hours just doing Customs, survived 7 raids in a row with a full Blackjack pack

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 02:23 AM   #803
General Zod
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Looks like Banished.
I still play Banished. lol
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 08:25 AM   #804
Forenci

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Made a lot of money the last couple hours just doing Customs, survived 7 raids in a row with a full Blackjack pack
Hell yeah. I feel like Customs is one of those maps where you have a lot of success or you get dicked on constantly. Usually the latter for me.

Man, I was so fucking close to finishing Tarkov Shooter Part 8. Just started it, and on my first raid on Woods I got two kills and was chasing down the last one until some scum bag with an M4 mowed me down tracking the kill.
Forenci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 09:26 PM   #805
fenikz
LeBron James is a bitch

Just wiped a 3 man squad in crackhouse on Customs, using the .45 vector hit the 1st guy in the window from 45m out in the trench, then tossed the perfect nade in to get the 2nd and gravely injure the 3rd, I could hear him weezing as I went up the stairs to finish him

Old 02-15-2021, 09:54 PM   #806
Dragon
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Hmm. Sort of sounds a little like Frostpunk, which is one of my favorite games.
Bought Frostpunk cause it went on sale for $10. That game is difficult. I had 3 coal mines, a few charcoal kilns and a couple of the water pump coal building, but just couldn't seem to keep my generator running. Then the the Londoners took 90 of my citizens and left me without enough people to run everything, everyone died.
Old 02-16-2021, 04:04 AM   #807
Forenci

Quote:
Just wiped a 3 man squad in crackhouse on Customs, using the .45 vector hit the 1st guy in the window from 45m out in the trench, then tossed the perfect nade in to get the 2nd and gravely injure the 3rd, I could hear him weezing as I went up the stairs to finish him

Hell yeah. Vector is so good.

I finished Tarkov Shooter Part 8 surprising easily too, haha. Did it in five attempts, had two games prior to getting it where I got to 2 kills and then died to random PMCs.

I'm super close to the Kappa container. Have a couple of more grindy quests that shouldn't be too difficult. Last one that sounds like it could suck. Called the Guide. Where you have to consecutively survive on every map. Labs being the real hang up for me probably.

Also finding a fucking ophthalmoscope has been blocking me pretty hard in advance in my quests too, haha. I found one finally but got exit camped on Reserve the other day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
Bought Frostpunk cause it went on sale for $10. That game is difficult. I had 3 coal mines, a few charcoal kilns and a couple of the water pump coal building, but just couldn't seem to keep my generator running. Then the the Londoners took 90 of my citizens and left me without enough people to run everything, everyone died.
It's really tough. Took me quite a few tries to survive. Late game gets tough when it starts getting COLD. Definitely start stockpiling food later as you go for that. The policies make a big difference and making sure the Londoners don't leave is pretty huge too for sure.

The biggest thing is making sure you keep your houses warm (I forgot the exact status it needs to be to avoid people getting sick). Getting coal early and often so you can buy those proximity generators to hear your homes is huge. Definitely recommend that.
Old 02-16-2021, 02:09 PM   #808
General Zod
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
I've been playing the demo for Timberborn. It's a city builder/survival game based in a post apocalyptic world where beavers survived and became the dominant species. I am ridiculously hooked on this game. It's supposed to go early access this quarter.
Ok Im playing this now. It is very much like Banished(but I really enjoyed Banished so thats ok). I think the UI seem a bit clunky, but that all can change on release. So ill be checking that out for sure.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 04:17 PM   #809
Dragon
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Ok Im playing this now. It is very much like Banished(but I really enjoyed Banished so thats ok). I think the UI seem a bit clunky, but that all can change on release. So ill be checking that out for sure.
My biggest complaint is not being able to manually move beavers to different jobs or set building priority. Those things are being worked on for EA, which just got delayed this morning.

Also if you want to play the demo for more than 2 cycles, you can edit your save file to set to cycel to a negative number.
Old 02-18-2021, 08:42 PM   #810
yfs

so.....they removed sniper scavs from customs and shoreline and i haven't gotten to that part of the punisher questline yet. feelsbadman. gonna have to bumrush the one on woods now i guess.

scav spawns are definitely up on those maps overall though. made 25 scav kills with aks-74u much less annoying.
Old 02-18-2021, 11:25 PM   #811
Forenci

Quote:
Originally Posted by yfs View Post
so.....they removed sniper scavs from customs and shoreline and i haven't gotten to that part of the punisher questline yet. feelsbadman. gonna have to bumrush the one on woods now i guess.

scav spawns are definitely up on those maps overall though. made 25 scav kills with aks-74u much less annoying.
Glad I got that one done early. I think I just have some bosses to kill, need 30 PMC kills at night, and then have to do the Guide quest where you survive on every map in a row without dying and then I'm onto the Kappa quest.

Pretty pumped. Think I have all the stuff except one item for the Collector/Kappa quest ready to go as well. Been a hell of a grind, but I'm ready to start just PvPing and making money after this.
Old 02-23-2021, 11:53 PM   #812
WMD
Super Senior Member

Send a message via AIM to WMD

Any of you built a laptop before? My PC sounds like death fairly often and I'd like to put one together rather than buy one.. I haven't looked into it too much, I can't find much information on where to look for parts or anything. Someone help, I need an adult
Old 02-24-2021, 01:12 AM   #813
fenikz
LeBron James is a bitch

People don't build their own laptops

but building your own desktop is pretty easy, prices are terrible right now though and a lot of parts are hard to find

Old 02-24-2021, 01:23 AM   #814
WMD
Super Senior Member

Google said you can
Old 02-24-2021, 01:27 AM   #815
fenikz
LeBron James is a bitch

idk how that would even work, but laptops are probably pretty reasonably priced compared to individual parts atm

Old 02-24-2021, 01:31 AM   #816
njx9
Super Senior Member

You're going to spend more money on a shittier device that's going to be way bulkier and heavier than anything you'd buy at the store.

If you want to do it anyways, I'd start learning how to solder (or 3d print).
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 01:42 AM   #817
fenikz
LeBron James is a bitch

make a brief case PC with monitor

Old 02-24-2021, 01:44 AM   #818
nepg
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
make a brief case PC with monitor
So he can look like a 90s bomb plot movie villain.

A 32" panel in a brief case might be pretty slick, though.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 01:46 AM   #819
fenikz
LeBron James is a bitch

It's funny how easily you could do it now though, probably even have space for a huge battery

Old 02-24-2021, 01:55 AM   #820
WMD
Super Senior Member

Fuck you guys for trying to crush my dreams

Tags
nintendo 64, ps4