For The Sports  

Go Back   For The Sports > Sports Discussion > Individual Team Threads

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2019, 09:43 AM   #13141
Jas
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 2,336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
This is a dime! Big time throw.


https://twitter.com/Marcus_Mosher/st...22123991506945

It really was, and after the missed connections last season to gallup, you can see the results of the work,they put in to get it right.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 03:48 PM   #13142
dsc1600
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,352
Default

https://twitter.com/bobbybelttx/stat...053563393?s=12

#daksucks
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 04:03 PM   #13143
pocketaces
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 3,838
Default

Beasley doesn't get this first down.

https://twitter.com/AmericasTeam_21/...93040241782784

pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 05:43 PM   #13144
D-Unit
Super Senior Member
 
D-Unit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 6,070
Default

I loved the signing at the time, but I still underrated our Randall Cobb pick up.

...and if Gallup's jersey said Bryant on the back, I'd be fooled. Moves like Dez when Dez was young.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
Okay so I paid attention for a week to try to get you to lose. IT HAPPENS.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:32 PM   #13145
jerrahjones
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Beasley doesn't get this first down.

https://twitter.com/AmericasTeam_21/...93040241782784

Accurate comment.

Not a fair one.
jerrahjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 12:36 AM   #13146
pocketaces
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 3,838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrahjones View Post
Accurate comment.

Not a fair one.
How so?
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 12:08 PM   #13147
Daedalus
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Trogdor
Posts: 1,205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I loved the signing at the time, but I still underrated our Randall Cobb pick up.

...and if Gallup's jersey said Bryant on the back, I'd be fooled. Moves like Dez when Dez was young.
Not sure if I see Dez but I'd agree with the Bryant name on the back. Just Antonio Bryant from back in the 00s. Dez was a bonafide #1 receiver with an insane catching radius.

I think one of the underrated aspects of both Gallup and Cobb is route running. Makes the QB's job infinitely easier when his receivers run their routes to perfection. Gives you a bigger window to throw into and lets you throw before they get open.

Also who knew play action turns a predictable offense into a dynamic one I think the offensive line loves having Fredbeard back. I'm not sure Dak was ever uncomfortable back there.
Daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 01:40 PM   #13148
Jas
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 2,336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
Not sure if I see Dez but I'd agree with the Bryant name on the back. Just Antonio Bryant from back in the 00s. Dez was a bonafide #1 receiver with an insane catching radius.

I think one of the underrated aspects of both Gallup and Cobb is route running. Makes the QB's job infinitely easier when his receivers run their routes to perfection. Gives you a bigger window to throw into and lets you throw before they get open.

Also who knew play action turns a predictable offense into a dynamic one I think the offensive line loves having Fredbeard back. I'm not sure Dak was ever uncomfortable back there.
True, this wasn't difficult to see, even last year they were more successful when they ran more of it, they just didn't do it. And adding confusing motions to some of it increases the success.
Even the TD run zeke had, last year they woulda ran him and hoped the Oline would manhandle ppl, that run on Sunday was creative, the multiple motions on the play fake confused the entire defense. It wasn't vanilla and predictable. It made a simple run more affective.
So you actually score TDs in the red zone.

Last edited by Jas; 09-12-2019 at 01:45 PM.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 02:16 PM   #13149
Fernando
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 14,344
Default

Faking the run when you have the best running attack in the league, it took a 30 year old in the QB room to figure that one out.
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 02:59 PM   #13150
pocketaces
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 3,838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
Faking the run when you have the best running attack in the league, it took a 30 year old in the QB room to figure that one out.
Not only that but also not running on first downs 90% of the time or running 99% of the time when Dak is under center. One of the biggest things to me was we used the middle of the field, something we rarely did last year.

Also last year if we had a 2nd and long Lenihan would run the ball and seemed to give up on the drive. Moore is throwing in those situations and trying to pick up a first down. What a great idea!
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 10:51 PM   #13151
jerrahjones
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
How so?
Because Cole Beasley would get first downs in other ways that Randall Cobb can't.

And your comment is to be taken as Cobb is better than Cobb.

So, accurate but not fair.

Last edited by jerrahjones; 09-12-2019 at 10:53 PM.
jerrahjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 10:52 PM   #13152
jerrahjones
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Not only that but also not running on first downs 90% of the time or running 99% of the time when Dak is under center. One of the biggest things to me was we used the middle of the field, something we rarely did last year.

Also last year if we had a 2nd and long Lenihan would run the ball and seemed to give up on the drive. Moore is throwing in those situations and trying to pick up a first down. What a great idea!
100% true.
jerrahjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 11:21 PM   #13153
pocketaces
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 3,838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrahjones View Post
Because Cole Beasley would get first downs in other ways that Randall Cobb can't.

And your comment is to be taken as Cobb is better than Cobb.

So, accurate but not fair.
Beasley could get first downs no doubt but a healthy Cobb is an upgrade IMO. I donít know that Beasley could do things that Cobb canít, just used differently.
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 11:21 PM   #13154
pocketaces
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 3,838
Default

Great read.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/fi...dallas-offense
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 01:38 PM   #13155
pocketaces
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 3,838
Default

Cowboys 27-23! Letís get it!
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 04:49 PM   #13156
Jas
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 2,336
Default

I'll check in with u all at halftime. Get the W !!
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 05:28 PM   #13157
Daedalus
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Trogdor
Posts: 1,205
Default

Dak made a heck of a play to buy time but ball placement, ball placement, and ball placement. Great play and decision let down by execution.

Last edited by Daedalus; 09-15-2019 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Removed tongue in cheek comment.
Daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 05:38 PM   #13158
pocketaces
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 3,838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
Dak made a heck of a play to buy time but ball placement, ball placement, and ball placement. Great play and decision let down by execution.
Haven't you heard? Ball placement doesn't matter, only the stats. 3rd and 1, we should have ran the ball anyway.
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 05:47 PM   #13159
dsc1600
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,352
Default

Connor Williams having a heck of a day.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 06:04 PM   #13160
pocketaces
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 3,838
Default

Now THAT was great ball placement!
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
100 iq or less thread, broken bones romo, d unit is poor, fuck dez bryant, romo glass qb

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.