For The Sports  

Go Back   For The Sports > Sports Discussion > Individual Team Threads

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2015, 07:53 PM   #41
scottyboy
Super Senior Member
 
scottyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Stalking Brian Leonard
Posts: 6,172
Default

I thought Barden was pretty meh in camp. He had a killer game 3 seasons in but was all hype from college IIRC
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 07:55 PM   #42
bigbluedefense
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 18,492
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak View Post
He is certainly stepping into that role BBD.
I actually like Corey a lot more than I ever liked Barden, but still, we've seen this before, I don't want to get excited about training camp superstars. We see it every year.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:25 PM   #43
Mel Pipeher
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,278
Default

If Corey Washington puts together another TC/preseason like he did last year then we have to find a way to get him on the field. Same goes for Soup Harris.
Mel Pipeher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:11 PM   #44
Big_Pete
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 229
Default

Corey Washington seems to have been working on his special teams
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:15 PM   #45
Big_Pete
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 229
Default

The competition at WR is going to be pretty strong in camp.

Barring injury, the first four roster spots are locked up with Beckham, Cruz, Randle and Harris.

We are going to have two rosters spots between Harris, Parker, Washington, Davis etc.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 10:48 PM   #46
BaLLiN
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,107
Default

I have the solution...we lure Anthony Davis to the Giants, he can stay at home and play RT. Boom.
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 11:06 PM   #47
Zak
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Jersey
Posts: 13,019
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
I have the solution...we lure Anthony Davis to the Giants, he can stay at home and play RT. Boom.
This would be the tits but the 49'ers retain his rights so not possible.
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 11:07 PM   #48
Zak
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Jersey
Posts: 13,019
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I thought Barden was pretty meh in camp. He had a killer game 3 seasons in but was all hype from college IIRC
Naa Barden always had big camps which is why he stayed on my good side forever. Once he had that big game against Carolina on the Thursday I thought I was validated.
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 11:46 PM   #49
Big_Pete
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
I have the solution...we lure Anthony Davis to the Giants, he can stay at home and play RT. Boom.
I would rather trade a day 3 draft pick to cleveland for Mitchell Schwartz.

He has been durable and is quite experienced at RT. He is off contract after the season and is Geoff Schwartz's younger brother.

Cleveland have been looking to upgrade anyway and have good options in house, plus they reportedly had Schwartz on the trade block last year.

Mitchell Schwartz would be effectively on a one year $1,095,114 "prove it" contract.

It would be similar to 2012 when we traded a 5th round pick for Keith Rivers.

Last edited by Big_Pete; 06-08-2015 at 11:58 PM.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 03:10 AM   #50
Mel Pipeher
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,278
Default

Pete, you mentioned trading for Schwartz at least a dozen times. It makes absolutely no sense to trade a draft pick for a guy on a one year contract when considering Long and Collins are still available and Beatty will be back early November.
Mel Pipeher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 03:28 AM   #51
Big_Pete
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Pipeher View Post
Pete, you mentioned trading for Schwartz at least a dozen times. It makes absolutely no sense to trade a draft pick for a guy on a one year contract when considering Long and Collins are still available and Beatty will be back early November.
I think it is a decent option.

Beatty won't be back until at least november, I don't think Newhouse is a reliable option.

Doesn't matter, I will shut up now.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 03:29 AM   #52
bigbluedefense
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 18,492
Default

Guys, this is basically our OL. We just have to accept that.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 01:39 PM   #53
bigbluedefense
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 18,492
Default

I think if RT becomes a major problem, I can see us moving Geoff to RT, and move Jerry in at G.

That's a realistic solution. Geoff played better than Pugh at RT last year in his limited time anyway, so he can hold it down. We obviously lose some at RG bc Jerry sucks, but Jerry sucks less than Newhouse so I could see that being the adjustment if we can't find a solution at RT.

But most importantly, if Flowers bombs at LT we're absolutely screwed. That's going to determine everything.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 01:40 PM   #54
bigbluedefense
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 18,492
Default

Did we tell NYG to come here? Where is he?
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 01:54 PM   #55
Zak
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Jersey
Posts: 13,019
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Did we tell NYG to come here? Where is he?
We had a lot of posts saying we all came here so he should have figured it out.
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 01:57 PM   #56
Zak
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Jersey
Posts: 13,019
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think if RT becomes a major problem, I can see us moving Geoff to RT, and move Jerry in at G.

That's a realistic solution. Geoff played better than Pugh at RT last year in his limited time anyway, so he can hold it down. We obviously lose some at RG bc Jerry sucks, but Jerry sucks less than Newhouse so I could see that being the adjustment if we can't find a solution at RT.

But most importantly, if Flowers bombs at LT we're absolutely screwed. That's going to determine everything.
Yeah your last sentence sums it up. They better be right on Flowers.
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 02:12 PM   #57
bigbluedefense
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 18,492
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak View Post
Yeah your last sentence sums it up. They better be right on Flowers.
I don't know how I feel about it. When I studied Flowers he seemed pretty good. Technique issues yes, but he's so big and fast that he can get away with it.

But everything you hear from ppl who scout OL a lot better than I do says that he's going to be a bust. So I'm nervous about it.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:25 PM   #58
Mel Pipeher
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,278
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think if RT becomes a major problem, I can see us moving Geoff to RT, and move Jerry in at G.

That's a realistic solution. Geoff played better than Pugh at RT last year in his limited time anyway, so he can hold it down. We obviously lose some at RG bc Jerry sucks, but Jerry sucks less than Newhouse so I could see that being the adjustment if we can't find a solution at RT.

But most importantly, if Flowers bombs at LT we're absolutely screwed. That's going to determine everything.
Yea I could see that happening. Makes the most sense as a quick fix. But it is only what the 7th OTA so we're still early in this process. I think they'll make a decision after OTAs on whether or not we need to add someone. Hell they may even wait to training camp.

And you're right we have to be right about Flowers. I was very high on Flowers through the process and earlier than most but even still I felt he may need some time to make the transition to LT. I like that they have Flowers getting that extra work in right now though.
Mel Pipeher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:33 PM   #59
bigbluedefense
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 18,492
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Pipeher View Post
Yea I could see that happening. Makes the most sense as a quick fix. But it is only what the 7th OTA so we're still early in this process. I think they'll make a decision after OTAs on whether or not we need to add someone. Hell they may even wait to training camp.

And you're right we have to be right about Flowers. I was very high on Flowers through the process and earlier than most but even still I felt he may need some time to make the transition to LT. I like that they have Flowers getting that extra work in right now though.
I hope someone works with him all offseason to work on that kick slide and his hand placement. If he can fix that, we have a beast. If he doesn't fix that, we're in big trouble.

He bends at the waist a decent amount too. I'm just nervous, he's not ready. He needed a year to develop.

Which also makes me question why we took him when he's clearly a developmental player and we're another bad season away from a revamped front office. We needed an immediate impact guy.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 02:23 AM   #60
Big_Pete
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 229
Default

The Giants reportedly have some interest in WR James Jones who was recently cut by the Raiders in May. (The other teams with rumoured interest are the Seahawks and Chiefs)

McAdoo knows Jones from the Packers. Last year Jones had 73 rec for 666 yards, 6 TDs with the raiders.

Any thoughts?
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
3li, everyone hates sham, motherfucka jones, not odell

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.