For The Sports  

Go Back   For The Sports > Sports Discussion > Individual Team Threads

Old 09-12-2019, 12:17 AM   #8901
Mel Pipeher
Super Senior Member

How about when Eli rolled right near the endzone then froze like a deer in the headlights? Pretty dramatic stuff. I thought that was it for him. Good career now he's going out like Stephen Hawking.
Mel Pipeher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 12:19 AM   #8902
Mel Pipeher
Super Senior Member

You know who I like. Benny Fowler. Not a great athlete but he's a gamer.
Old 09-12-2019, 12:24 AM   #8903
Mel Pipeher
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants View Post
I think Shurmur might be a bad coach

Shurmur looked like he was drinking. Little scruff of a beard, hot button undone chain showing. Someone ought to check his water bottle. Got some whiskey in there.
Old 09-13-2019, 05:45 PM   #8904
BaLLiN
Super Senior Member

Eli froze because no one was open, Shepard was tackled with anticipation that that was where the ball was going. How in the hell was that not illegal contact? Shurmur has made some bad calls, I definitely think he can be canned after this season but this was also one game that we were severely outmatched. The offense can't be this predictable that other teams are that prepared for a fucking Eli naked boot.
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 10:28 PM   #8905
Mel Pipeher
Super Senior Member

Any other savvy vet throws the ball towards the interference to get the call or throws the ball away in that situation. Eli froze because well it's Eli. He's always been good for at least one boneheaded play a game, especially near the endzone.

We drafted Jones because he's a perfect fit for Shurmer. He isn't going anywhere for at least another year. This team is in total rebuild while trying to save face with the Eli situation. Bettcher, on the other hand, can beat it. That dude sucks ass. Baker one on one vs Cooper with single high. You kidding? Come out second half and the adjustment you make is putting old ass Beathea on him. Bettcher makes it to week 10 I'd be shocked.
Old 09-15-2019, 02:39 PM   #8906
Mel Pipeher
Super Senior Member

Predictions?

Our defense should look a little better this week but I doubt we have much more success on offense. The Bills have a very good secondary.

I think one of the mistakes Shurmur made last week was that he tried to keep up with the cowboys. Don't abandon the run and try to keep the game close by controlling the time of possession. The ball has to go through Barkley and Engram. Keep the game close to the end and we might be able to squeeze out a W.
Old 09-15-2019, 08:34 PM   #8907
Zak
LeBron James is a bitch

So like I said 5 or 6 win team if lucky. Shurmur is awful and Gettleman needs Jones to save his job. They both have next year but they'll probably need to be on the playoff bubble at minimum.
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 02:15 PM   #8908
OSUGiants
Super Senior Member

DJ starting this week. Any predictions
Old 09-17-2019, 04:07 PM   #8909
Zak
LeBron James is a bitch

Why in the world would we do this to Eli this way. We're inept. We should have released him in the off-season and put that money towards players who could help. Why keep him if we're going to make the switch after two games? Jones has no one to throw to either which isn't a great way to throw him in there.
Old 09-17-2019, 04:09 PM   #8910
Jughead
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak View Post
Why in the world would we do this to Eli this way. We're inept. We should have released him in the off-season and put that money towards players who could help. Why keep him if we're going to make the switch after two games? Jones has no one to throw to either which isn't a great way to throw him in there.
Who would we have signed after the draft with Eli's money? Where would Eli have gone at that point?
Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 04:13 PM   #8911
Zak
LeBron James is a bitch

Who cares where Eli goes he can retire with grace. Giants knew they were taking Jones before FA the way they talked him up and even if they didn't the depth is awful on this team so they could have at least shored that up. Gettleman keeps saying they have a plan but every single move they make seems reactionary and misguided. You don't think we could have done anything to make this terrible team better with the extra money? Also why the hell are we wasting a roster spot on Tanney still.
Old 09-17-2019, 04:33 PM   #8912
Jughead
LeBron James is a bitch

The cap is fake, you always say that yourself. And there was no one to sign after the draft that could help this team anyway. LOTS of cap space next year. With potentially more with a easy cut or two. Hopefully we can do something similar to what we did in Eli's year two.

I don't see this as Eli going out without grace either. They already fucked him over in 2017 anyway. Eli's last shot was last year. They gave it a go and it didn't work. I thought it would take a bit longer into the season to make the move, but it's time. He was pretty bad last week. I also think having Eli on the team with Jones is a positive. There is plenty he can learn from him.

Last edited by Jughead; 09-17-2019 at 04:44 PM.
Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 09:01 PM   #8913
BaLLiN
Super Senior Member

Eli being here all offseason, preparing and playing in two games set the framework for Jones. Eli preparing as a backup and likely aiding Jones in some way all is supportive of his development into the franchise QB. That is why Eli was kept. Saving 17 mil maybe is good for the short term but the long term I can't say there is a much better way of spending that money.

We made the switch because if Eli is still in there and we win two more games, are we going to really not put in Daniel Jones? The offensive line is good, running game is good, maybe we don't have our top receivers but Jones has thrown to these receivers more than Tate or Shepard anyway. We gave two games for Jones to see how it should be done--Eli played above average--but Jones now can do some on the job learning.

The defense is just atrocious and we are very young and inexperienced pretty much all over the field. Most of our effort during the season should be getting these guys reps and turning our roster over, focusing more on self-scouting because we are honestly probably one of the worst organizations at that.
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 10:48 PM   #8914
Mel Pipeher
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants View Post
DJ starting this week. Any predictions
He'll look like shit and everyone in Giantland and in the media will freak out.

But it really is time to move on from Eli. Although I do agree with Zak. They should've moved on in the offseason (or a few offseasons ago) but instead, they decided to drag him through the mud one last time.

Tags
3li, everyone hates sham, motherfucka jones, not odell