For The Sports  

Go Back   For The Sports > Fantasy Discussion

Old 11-01-2016, 02:02 PM   #1081
Jughead
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I'm 5-3 with 4th waiver and have Fiedorowicz (bye) and Ladarius Green as my tight ends. Do I put a claim in for Gates or Ebron, and if so which one first?
I'm kind of in the same situation except my record is much worse. I have Fiedorowicz and Clay (who I'm done with). Witten is actually available in my league so I'm going there. Both Gates and Ebron are owned.
Jughead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 02:04 PM   #1082
FlyingElvis

Quote:
I'm 5-3 with 4th waiver and have Fiedorowicz (bye) and Ladarius Green as my tight ends. Do I put a claim in for Gates or Ebron, and if so which one first?
Gates. Nice matchup and still heavily targeted by P.Rivers. Claim is definitely warranted (vs. waiting for open waivers) since Reed & Gronk are out this week, too.
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 02:22 PM   #1083
scottyboy
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prock View Post
I have zero healthy running backs that aren't on a bye next week. I will be dropping valuable bench pieces just to have a starting lineup. Fantasy is so annoying sometimes.
If they're that valuable, is it worth punting a week? Depending on the options out there, you might be doing that anyway if you're starting garbage at RB
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 02:26 PM   #1084
Don Vito
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqt View Post
Yeah, I'd go after a TE if the rest of your team is set. Green is still a toss up to play this week.
It's a competitive 12 team league, the only league I really care a lot about. High school friends so you know how that goes. I guess the rest of the team is set, Rivers/Prescott is OK at QB but my running backs and receivers are all set. Probably should go with Gates because I have Rivers but I still think Ebron will have a big second half despite some tough matchups and a bye on the horizon. I have Riddick too so that kind of complicates things.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 03:28 PM   #1085
Prock
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
If they're that valuable, is it worth punting a week? Depending on the options out there, you might be doing that anyway if you're starting garbage at RB
I'm 8-0 and can totally punt. Might have to, as I would be dropping Corey Coleman and Quincy Enunwa. Well, only one of them, as I would also likely dump Robert Kelley back to waivers after being my hero on Sunday.

Looking to pick up CJ Prosise and then a second back TBNL. Would you drop Coleman or Enunwa?

Last edited by Prock; 11-01-2016 at 03:31 PM.
Prock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 03:42 PM   #1086
Don Vito
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Gates. Nice matchup and still heavily targeted by P.Rivers. Claim is definitely warranted (vs. waiting for open waivers) since Reed & Gronk are out this week, too.
Cool that's what I'm gonna do. Hoping Ladarius Green gets on the field but I have to put a claim in on Gates for this week.
Old 11-01-2016, 05:55 PM   #1087
OSUGiants
Super Senior Member

Quote:
I'm 8-0 and can totally punt. Might have to, as I would be dropping Corey Coleman and Quincy Enunwa. Well, only one of them, as I would also likely dump Robert Kelley back to waivers after being my hero on Sunday.

Looking to pick up CJ Prosise and then a second back TBNL. Would you drop Coleman or Enunwa?
I would drop Coleman. Then I'd add West if you can since Charles is still out and Ware is under concussion protocol right now. Prosise is a good choice too
Old 11-01-2016, 05:59 PM   #1088
Prock
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants View Post
I would drop Coleman. Then I'd add West if you can since Charles is still out and Ware is under concussion protocol right now. Prosise is a good choice too
Y'all think Robert Kelley is going to keep those carries over Matt Jones? I still may need to drop another guy (have Lamar/Gio/Kelley on bye and AD/Dougie hurt).
Prock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 07:21 PM   #1089
BaLLiN
Super Senior Member

I have Cameron Brate and Ladarius Green, but should I drop Brate for any of Gates, Ertz, Ebron? I am thinking no, but maybe Ebron.
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 07:55 PM   #1090
FlyingElvis

KC signed Bishop Sankey. Most likely still a scrub but anybody really starving for RBs can probably find him on the wire.

Quote:

I think Coleman is the more likely candidate to sneak by on the wire for a week. But he's also the more likely to have a big day and be a top add. Personally, I think missed time, a hand injury, and the potential for lack of chemistry with the QB makes him a safe drop. Obviously, keeping him would be preferable, but fielding a proper roster is important, too.

Quote:
Y'all think Robert Kelley is going to keep those carries over Matt Jones? I still may need to drop another guy (have Lamar/Gio/Kelley on bye and AD/Dougie hurt).
No idea. He seemed decent enough and ball protection is important. But a bye week could be more than enough for Matt Jones to get out of the dog house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
I have Cameron Brate and Ladarius Green, but should I drop Brate for any of Gates, Ertz, Ebron? I am thinking no, but maybe Ebron.
It's tough to argue against Gates when the Chargers offense is top 10 in passing yards and he's the seasoned and trusted vet in that passing attack. Gates is seeing increased targets of the last 3 weeks while Brate's have decreased. ROS may be a different answer since Gates is old and more likely to break down, but right now the choice is easy. Brate isn't likely to fly off the wire, either.
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 01:38 AM   #1091
BaLLiN
Super Senior Member

I am thinking the same thing. Brate isn't anything special.
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 05:30 AM   #1092
fenikz
LeBron James is a bitch

Do I keep my #4 waiver and start Ryan Mathews @ NYG or use it on some order of Tim Hightower, Charcandrick West, Antone Smith & Derick Henry?

dropping Cordarelle Patterson, random add after dropping CJ Anderson
Old 11-02-2016, 10:01 AM   #1093
General Zod
Super Senior Member

So Cam vs LA

or

Mariota vs SD

(Greg Olsen is my TE btw)
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 12:26 PM   #1094
Jughead
LeBron James is a bitch

Any insight on this Falcons TE who is starting Thursday? I just picked him up and might start him. My TE situation is awful.
Jughead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 01:16 PM   #1095
Don Vito
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Do I keep my #4 waiver and start Ryan Mathews @ NYG or use it on some order of Tim Hightower, Charcandrick West, Antone Smith & Derick Henry?

dropping Cordarelle Patterson, random add after dropping CJ Anderson
I would drop the shit out of Mathews if I were you, I just did

West could have a nice game this week but I think Hightower has a bigger role for the rest of the season FWIW
Old 11-02-2016, 10:05 PM   #1096
Don Vito
Super Senior Member

Is JJ Nelson worth an add? My receivers are Antonio Brown, Fitz, Alshon, and Montgomery with dual eligibility. Thinking about dropping Bibbs for him, one handcuff for another but I'm thinking Nelson will have a role.
Old 11-03-2016, 01:10 PM   #1097
scottyboy
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
So Cam vs LA

or

Mariota vs SD

(Greg Olsen is my TE btw)
I just have such a hard time benching Cam. This is a tough one, and Mariota has been on fire but like...Cam. And a TD to Olsen is super yummy. Rams run a lot of cover 2, IIRC, and Olsen could have a field day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
Any insight on this Falcons TE who is starting Thursday? I just picked him up and might start him. My TE situation is awful.
If it's PPR and your situation is super terrible, you can do much worse than a starting TE

Quote:
Is JJ Nelson worth an add? My receivers are Antonio Brown, Fitz, Alshon, and Montgomery with dual eligibility. Thinking about dropping Bibbs for him, one handcuff for another but I'm thinking Nelson will have a role.
Nelson can't hurt and I doubt Bibbs has a lasting role. Although, it's tough to have a handcuff for a WR, IMO.

ALSO : any ideas on a streaming defense this week? Was thinking Jets against the phins...or I could go Phins against the Jets. A lot of weird matchups out there. Steelers against Ravens?
Old 11-03-2016, 01:32 PM   #1098
Don Vito
Super Senior Member

Ok cool...would you take Corey Coleman or Nelson?

And if the Steelers D is available, that's who I would go with
Old 11-03-2016, 01:52 PM   #1099
scottyboy
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Ok cool...would you take Corey Coleman or Nelson?

And if the Steelers D is available, that's who I would go with
Personally, nelson. Just because I can't trust anything Browns related. Although Coleman has a higher ceiling, Nelson has a higher floor, IMO.
Old 11-03-2016, 03:55 PM   #1100
Don Vito
Super Senior Member

Love Coleman but i agree, gonna go with Nelson

Tags
andy the goat dalton, brady=goat, still fuck tom brady