For The Sports  

Go Back   For The Sports > Sports Discussion > NFL Archive

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2020, 07:43 AM   #41
vidae
Super Senior Member
 
vidae's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Especially since one of the problems they've had on offense is someone who can find space as a checkdown option. Bell is perfect.
That's what CEH was supposed to be.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJayUNF View Post
Future generations will look back at this time where abortion is celebrated with disgust equal to that with which we look at slavery today.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 12:47 PM   #42
Zak
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Jersey
Posts: 15,149
Default

Falcons turn.
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 02:21 PM   #43
BeerBaron
Super Senior Member
 
BeerBaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 7,751
Default

Bell reportedly choosing between the Dolphins, Bills, and Chiefs.

Doesn't seem like much of a choice to me money being equal.
__________________
BeerBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 02:26 PM   #44
Jughead
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 13,693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Bell reportedly choosing between the Dolphins, Bills, and Chiefs.

Doesn't seem like much of a choice to me money being equal.
Depends if he wants. He can go to the Chiefs and play less but win. Or he could play more on one of those other teams and maybe turn it into a contract next year. Bills might be the best balance of both.
Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 03:28 PM   #45
fenikz
LeBron James is a bitch
 
fenikz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 20,841
Default

Buffalo isn't a bad option at all especially since he is already in NY/NJ
__________________
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 03:29 PM   #46
Lil Quip
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
Depends if he wants. He can go to the Chiefs and play less but win. Or he could play more on one of those other teams and maybe turn it into a contract next year. Bills might be the best balance of both.
If he wants revenge factor, he in theory gets to play the Jets twice if he signs with the Dolphins.

However he can double dip with the Bills and get to play against the Jets and the Steelers.
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 03:31 PM   #47
Jughead
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 13,693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Buffalo isn't a bad option at all especially since he is already in NY/NJ
Phoenix is closer to LA than he is to Buffalo. It's a world of difference.
Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 03:34 PM   #48
fenikz
LeBron James is a bitch
 
fenikz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 20,841
Default

Maybe he lives in NYC but I doubt it, where do your athletes live
__________________
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 03:35 PM   #49
Jughead
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 13,693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Maybe he lives in NYC but I doubt it, where do your athletes live
Most of them live in Northern NJ. Either way, NYC or northern NJ, Buffalo is far and a completely different world. Proximity is not a pro here.
Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 03:37 PM   #50
Zak
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Jersey
Posts: 15,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Buffalo isn't a bad option at all especially since he is already in NY/NJ
You need to look at a map.
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 03:38 PM   #51
Brodie
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Brodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 22,444
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Especially since one of the problems they've had on offense is someone who can find space as a checkdown option. Bell is perfect.
I've watched most of their games and a lot of the issue is that Mahomes has missed CEH/Darrel consistently on throws and is throwing it at their feet.
__________________
Brodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 03:39 PM   #52
JoeJoeBrown
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 8,046
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak View Post
You need to look at a map.
People west of the Mississippi are profoundly retarded wrt geography. Even with US states. No idea why, but it is a good general rule of thumb.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 03:40 PM   #53
fenikz
LeBron James is a bitch
 
fenikz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 20,841
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak View Post
You need to look at a map.
Bitch, I won the geography bee in 4th grade don't try me
__________________
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 03:48 PM   #54
Dragon
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 3,703
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Bitch, I won the geography bee in 4th grade don't try me
When was that? Last week?
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 03:53 PM   #55
fenikz
LeBron James is a bitch
 
fenikz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 20,841
Default

I wish, life would be so much easier
__________________
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 04:59 PM   #56
KCJ58
2017 Mock Draft Champion
 
KCJ58's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Hermosa Beach, CA
Posts: 9,262
Default

having no TNF is weird
KCJ58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 05:07 PM   #57
Don Vito
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 3,642
Default

Edwards-Helaire is going to be good, but I still don’t get drafting a rb round one. Seemed like a “we just won the super bowl” complacency pick. I don’t remember where I saw it, but I’m fairly certain he was the first running back to get drafted in the first two rounds that weighed under 210 and ran a 4.6 or slower in the last 20 years or so.

He’s a solid back, and probably will make a few pro-bowls, but with how much they are paying Mahomes plus Kelce/Hill/Watkins they should be devoting almost everything else to defense and OL. I know their defense has been good this year but it will be tough to sustain that over the next few years, it’s good they got Chris Jones locked up.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 05:39 PM   #58
njx9
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 3,302
Default

I think, in today's NFL, if you're winning today, you have to do everything you can to maximize your chances of winning today, and you can't worry about tomorrow. If I'm the Chiefs, I'm taking the guy who has the highest chance of helping me win back-to-back, rather than the guy who might contribute in a few years when who knows what will have happened to the rest of my team.

The Chiefs also have the benefit of playing in the AFC West, which is only slightly more competitive than the NFC East (has there ever been a worse division in football?), so it's not like they need to do a lot to stay on top.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 05:40 PM   #59
Jughead
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 13,693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
I think, in today's NFL, if you're winning today, you have to do everything you can to maximize your chances of winning today, and you can't worry about tomorrow. If I'm the Chiefs, I'm taking the guy who has the highest chance of helping me win back-to-back, rather than the guy who might contribute in a few years when who knows what will have happened to the rest of my team.

The Chiefs also have the benefit of playing in the AFC West, which is only slightly more competitive than the NFC East (has there ever been a worse division in football?), so it's not like they need to do a lot to stay on top.
Maybe your Broncos are terrible but I don't think the rest of the west is that bad at all. Chargers have to be one of the best 1-4 teams in a while. Raiders look decent, and I see them sneaking in the playoffs with the extra spot. Assuming the Ravens and Steelers both make it, who are the Raiders really competing with? Browns, Pats, Indy. So 2 of those 4 teams will make it.

Last edited by Jughead; 10-15-2020 at 05:45 PM.
Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 05:45 PM   #60
njx9
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 3,302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
Maybe your Broncos are terrible but I don't think the rest of the west is that bad at all. Chargers have to best one of the best 1-4 teams in a while.
I mean, maybe, but 1-4 is 1-4. It's like the year the Lions went something like 3-13, but lost every game by 7 or less. Herbert leading that team is vastly more compelling than Rivers, but they're still 1-4.

I concede that it's possible I'm underrating the Raiders solely because they're the Raiders.

It's still not a strong division, and it's not one the Chiefs should have any issue running away with.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.