For The Sports  

Go Back   For The Sports > General Discussion

Old 04-15-2019, 02:38 AM   #2121
Kyle
LeBron James is a bitch

Its the biggest reveal of the entire series, obviously Jon's parentage is going to have some kind of impact, its not just going to be brushed aside lol.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 02:38 AM   #2122
The Alex

The end. Cut to black. Audience goes fucking apeshit.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 02:42 AM   #2123
scottyboy
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
Jon really didn't seem all that concerned about the fact he banged his aunt.
I mean sheís super hot so yeah whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
someone get this man a 90 minute battle episode
I just wanna see Dothraki armed dragon glass scythes

And I think Iím also more intrigued by whatís going to happen after the fighting. Thereís all this bickering and power games and whatnot, but how many of them live through it? Idk, everything before the conflict and climax seems irrelevant to me rn
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 02:47 AM   #2124
Jvig43
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Its the biggest reveal of the entire series, obviously Jon's parentage is going to have some kind of impact, its not just going to be brushed aside lol.
But it 100% should be because its a total non fucking issue. We had this debate last year too and for good measure Jon even said for like the 100th time this very episode, I dont want to be king, I never want to be king. So how or why is this even a conflict at all? Theres no conflict here.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 02:48 AM   #2125
scottyboy
Super Senior Member

I meant sickles, not scythes. Carry on
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 02:49 AM   #2126
Kyle
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
But it 100% should be because its a total non fucking issue. We had this debate last year too and for good measure Jon even said for like the 100th time this very episode, I dont want to be king, I never want to be king. So how or why is this even a conflict at all? Theres no conflict here.
He didn't ask to be lord commander of the nights watch or the king of the north either.
Old 04-15-2019, 02:53 AM   #2127
Jvig43
Super Senior Member

Quote:
He didn't ask to be lord commander of the nights watch or the king of the north either.
And he took it because no one else was there to step up and he wanted to protect his people. Both of those conditions are met with Dany ruling so whats all of a sudden going to change? Making Jon care or want the throne would literally be one of the biggest and most random 180 character arcs Ive ever seen in a show. Theres no reason for why he would do this.
Old 04-15-2019, 02:55 AM   #2128
Kyle
LeBron James is a bitch

I don't even know that he will want the throne, being so deadset on them completely disregarding him being a Targaryen is a bizzarre take though.
Old 04-15-2019, 03:05 AM   #2129
Jvig43
Super Senior Member

I never said that. I am just bringing up the conflict theyre trying to set up in no world makes sense. That information changes nothing about Jon's character never wanting to rule the iron throne (or any throne for that matter). And even if we assume he DOES want the crown for the good of his people, I'm getting a kick out of the idea that this would then mean the North has to

1. Fight the army of the dead.
2. Fight Cersi and her allies
3. Fight Dany who has arguably the most powerful army combined of the three, and two dragons

Clearly this is whats best for his people and the north, to worry about them getting their proper seat at the table instead of being completely eradicated from every angle possible of which is only being prevented from the person that this show seems intent on making them turn against for reasons that don't even follow the established character arcs.
Old 04-15-2019, 03:21 AM   #2130
Niel89
Super Senior Member

Nobody really wants a set up episode, but it's important to get all the pieces in place for the final thrust of the show. They knew they needed a little more action in the episode and threw in the little action/suspense scene near the end.

Great episode overall, but maybe not the hype episode people wanted.
Old 04-15-2019, 03:37 AM   #2131
Kyle
LeBron James is a bitch

I'm not sure I love Cersei choosing Bronn to take out Tyrion. She knows they have a relationship, she should know there is a chance he doesn't go through with it.
Old 04-15-2019, 03:38 AM   #2132
Brodie
LeBron James is a bitch

My favorite thing is how hard they have to work to not have Bronn/Cersei in the same scene together because of the actors personal shit.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:05 AM   #2133
nepg
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
I'm not sure I love Cersei choosing Bronn to take out Tyrion. She knows they have a relationship, she should know there is a chance he doesn't go through with it.
I'm willing to let it play out before I critique it. She could be playing him (though the writers have been turning her into a dumbass since they ran out of source material).
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 12:52 PM   #2134
Brent
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
Jon really didn't seem all that concerned about the fact he banged his aunt.
this is the only question that matters.

also a lot of you guys have been arguing about what might happen. just enjoy it, you can't control anything so set your expectations low and just see what they do.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 01:11 PM   #2135
iowatreat
Super Senior Member

This was supposed to be the shortest of the 6 episodes (ran like 50 mins?) and the first of the season. It got all the important reunions out of the way, showed us Tormund, Beric, and Edd were still alive, and revealed Jon's true identity to him. This was an entire set up episode so that the next 5 all 1+ hour episodes don't have to deal with it.

The only issue I have at this point is how is it taking so long for the Night King to reach Winterfell unless he's taking detours to make sure to kill off all other strongholds along the way.
iowatreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 01:16 PM   #2136
Brent
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat View Post
The only issue I have at this point is how is it taking so long for the Night King to reach Winterfell unless he's taking detours to make sure to kill off all other strongholds along the way.
from the look of the mutilated body in that building, I would argue that they are hunting down every living person between them and Winterfell.
Old 04-15-2019, 01:25 PM   #2137
Kyle
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post

also a lot of you guys have been arguing about what might happen. just enjoy it, you can't control anything so set your expectations low and just see what they do.
There are a handful of outcomes that would annoy me, but yeah overall I agree. I'm just choosing to enjoy the ride.
Old 04-15-2019, 01:29 PM   #2138
Brodie
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post

Old 04-15-2019, 02:07 PM   #2139
Brent
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
[IMG]https://media.giphy.com/media/5sMxpephB32rm/giphy.gif[IMG]
Old 04-15-2019, 02:43 PM   #2140
Fernando
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Wasnít the suggestion that he take out both Tyrion AND Jamie? He has a strong connection to both, heís literally the worst guy to choose lol.
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dragonsarenotreallosers, id marry tyene sands, most overrated show, obara is a dumb bitch, sansa is a dumb bitch