For The Sports  

Go Back   For The Sports > General Discussion

Old Yesterday, 06:18 PM   #57921
Brent
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
I read the previous article and I was left thinking wtf was that about? Like a whole bunch of nothing and douchebag kids trying to screw over Morse.

Now that’s even worse. We really need a multiparty system. This shit is broken.
What's even more hilarious is that people who were attacking Morse saying "wow he should drop out" or whatever are saying nothing now. Also, many of them are the kinds of people excited to hear what serial rapist Bill Clinton is going to say at the DNC.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM   #57922
JoeJoeBrown
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
What's even more hilarious is that people who were attacking Morse saying "wow he should drop out" or whatever are saying nothing now. Also, many of them are the kinds of people excited to hear what serial rapist Bill Clinton is going to say at the DNC.
I was reading some of the text messages in that article and was thinking holy shit these kids are insane. Like they were completely benign.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:35 PM   #57923
dg151
LeBron James is a bitch

The entire thing is bizarre but what Morse did was also not great but at least he seems apologetic about it.

Haven't seen how close that race is but hopefully it backfired enough Neal gets fucked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
Please don't berate me for being insanely right, all the time.
dg151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:05 PM   #57924
Brent
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg151 View Post
but what Morse did was also not great
reading about it here, it sounds pretty tame; but yeah the whole thing is weird.
Old Yesterday, 08:13 PM   #57925
iowatreat
Super Senior Member

I still don't see anything he did wrong, unless there's something showing that he was using his position to convince or coerce someone, which it doesn't sound like he did. He used Tinder and what not to try and get with a college kid, which as long as it was consensual there's 100% nothing wrong with it.
iowatreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:16 PM   #57926
dg151
LeBron James is a bitch

Extreme 'everything is VEEP' energy.

Quote:
Old Yesterday, 08:19 PM   #57927
Brent
LeBron James is a bitch

this administration is the Selina Meyer administration. the Morse thing is like low level Richard Splett shit
Old Yesterday, 08:24 PM   #57928
dg151
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat View Post
I still don't see anything he did wrong, unless there's something showing that he was using his position to convince or coerce someone, which it doesn't sound like he did. He used Tinder and what not to try and get with a college kid, which as long as it was consensual there's 100% nothing wrong with it.
Going to a college event as a local official and doing anything romantic with any of the students is kinda gross. And it sounds like some of that was unwanted (which is why they told him to stop coming to the events). Sleeping with college students at a school you lecture at is not great.

A crazy college kid and actual dem operatives using him doing those things to gay panic the shit out of the race is 1000x worse and probably criminal.

Quote:
Old Yesterday, 08:25 PM   #57929
dg151
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
this administration is the Selina Meyer administration. the Morse thing is like low level Richard Splett shit
How dare you Richard was the only good thing about the last season. The crazy college kid is clearly Jonah.

Quote:
Old Yesterday, 08:35 PM   #57930
iowatreat
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Going to a college event as a local official and doing anything romantic with any of the students is kinda gross. And it sounds like some of that was unwanted (which is why they told him to stop coming to the events). Sleeping with college students at a school you lecture at is not great.

A crazy college kid and actual dem operatives using him doing those things to gay panic the shit out of the race is 1000x worse and probably criminal.
My stance is that as long as it is 100% consensual and the student is not and has never been in any of your classes, and isn't using that relationship to favor the student for jobs or other benefits, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a teacher dating/banging a 18+ student. If someone has a problem with it that's on them, not him.

From the accounts there doesn't actually seem to be any complaints about him acting inappropriately or making unwanted advances, just this group stating that they don't like that he's trying to get with students at their school. As creepy as they may think it is, it's not illegal or amoral if what I indicated above is true.
Old Yesterday, 08:38 PM   #57931
Brent
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
How dare you Richard was the only good thing about the last season. The crazy college kid is clearly Jonah.
oh for sure. Richard was the most wholesome character; Jonah is probably more accurate.

maybe Dan.
Old Yesterday, 08:40 PM   #57932
dg151
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
My stance is that as long as it is 100% consensual and the student is not and has never been in any of your classes, and isn't using that relationship to favor the student for jobs or other benefits, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a teacher dating/banging a 18+ student. If someone has a problem with it that's on them, not him.

From the accounts there doesn't actually seem to be any complaints about him acting inappropriately or making unwanted advances, just this group stating that they don't like that he's trying to get with students at their school. As creepy as they may think it is, it's not illegal or amoral if what I indicated above is true.
The original complaint said Morse made students at the event uncomfortable which is why they didn't want him coming to them anymore.

Quote:
Old Yesterday, 08:45 PM   #57933
iowatreat
Super Senior Member

Quote:
The original complaint said Morse made students at the event uncomfortable which is why they didn't want him coming to them anymore.
Right but the further finding was that they more or less made it up, or exaggerated for the story. No one ever filed any complaints against him, this group just sent him a letter after trying to dig up way more dirt on him and failing, stating he made people uncomfortable.

He may have made some students uncomfortable, and he apologized if he did, but it appears to be a one time thing where a group admitting to having it out for him is saying he was "creepy". I just find it hard to fault the guy given all this new info.

In any case, yeah what they did is way worse and in no way should this have any effect on his current or future position.
Old Yesterday, 08:52 PM   #57934
Brent
LeBron James is a bitch

also that the "mastermind" behind it was hoping for an internship is really funny
Old Yesterday, 09:06 PM   #57935
dg151
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Right but the further finding was that they more or less made it up, or exaggerated for the story. No one ever filed any complaints against him, this group just sent him a letter after trying to dig up way more dirt on him and failing, stating he made people uncomfortable.

He may have made some students uncomfortable, and he apologized if he did, but it appears to be a one time thing where a group admitting to having it out for him is saying he was "creepy". I just find it hard to fault the guy given all this new info.

In any case, yeah what they did is way worse and in no way should this have any effect on his current or future position.
The crazy kid didn't have anything to do with the letter according to the group (and I haven't seen any reporting saying he did, just that he was trying to ratfuck and failed incredibly).

What actually happened is pretty unclear because the original letter to Morse wasn't released outside what a college newspaper reported out and the follow up was vague to protect the students who had issue with Morse. But I haven't seen anything to suggest the claims about the college dems events is untrue.

Quote:
Old Yesterday, 09:22 PM   #57936
Niel89
Super Senior Member

I think it's vaguely not good for a professor to hook up with students but it also can be fine. These people are adults and should be able to sort it out.
Old Today, 01:04 AM   #57937
Caddy
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niel89 View Post
I think it's vaguely not good for a professor to hook up with students but it also can be fine. These people are adults and should be able to sort it out.
Adults or not, there is a power imbalance that should be regulated here. There are other adult/adult relationships that are regulated either by law or in accordance with employment contracts and all universities should probably (if they don't already) have a clause in every contract prohibiting these types of relationships.
Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote