For The Sports  

Go Back   For The Sports > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2018, 08:29 PM   #2581
badger
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: badgerbacker
Posts: 3,769
Default

I donít follow this thread too closely so I donít know if itís been covered, but I just finished season 1 of Mindhunter. It had promise, but really didnít deliver for me. Iíll probably stick with it for a little bit whenever season 2 comes out and hope it improves.
__________________
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 08:34 PM   #2582
nepg
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 18,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
I donít follow this thread too closely so I donít know if itís been covered, but I just finished season 1 of Mindhunter. It had promise, but really didnít deliver for me. Iíll probably stick with it for a little bit whenever season 2 comes out and hope it improves.
You quickly realize it's a formulaic network crime drama disguised as something better. Something you'd not watch on CBS.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 09:12 PM   #2583
Brodie
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Brodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 18,376
Default

American Vandal was the revolutionary Netflix show of 2017. Get with the times.
__________________
Brodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 09:12 PM   #2584
badger
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: badgerbacker
Posts: 3,769
Default

I already watched that. It was awesome
__________________
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 09:24 PM   #2585
Dr. Gonzo
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 3,069
Default

Maaaaaaan, I enjoyed Mindhunter. It had its flaws but it kept me interested

Tried to power through Everything Sucks! because I hear it gets better. I failed. Still not enjoying it and stopped near the end of episode 3.

Still suggest Nirvanna The Show The Band for ppl looking for a comedy. Real real funny.
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 09:48 PM   #2586
badger
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: badgerbacker
Posts: 3,769
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Maaaaaaan, I enjoyed Mindhunter. It had its flaws but it kept me interested

Tried to power through Everything Sucks! because I hear it gets better. I failed. Still not enjoying it and stopped near the end of episode 3.

Still suggest Nirvanna The Show The Band for ppl looking for a comedy. Real real funny.
It kept me interested, but I just felt myself cringing at a lot of it. I was especially disappointed with the finale. Like I said, I'm not giving up on it completely yet.
__________________
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 02:25 AM   #2587
fenikz
LeBron James is a bitch
 
fenikz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 16,561
Default

Good Place is funnier but Parks & Rec def hits you in the feels more
__________________
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 04:55 AM   #2588
Brodie
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Brodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 18,376
Default

Parks and Rec has annoying ass politics at times and Good Place is perfect so there you go
__________________
Brodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:38 PM   #2589
badger
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: badgerbacker
Posts: 3,769
Default

Brodie has annoying ass politics at times and Parks and Rec is perfect so there you go.

In seriousness, I havenít seen Good Place. Sounds like I need to check it out.
__________________
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 02:38 PM   #2590
Kyle
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 15,578
Default

What we're not going to do in here is shit on Parks and Rec.

I have no idea what annoying ass politics could mean in relation to that show.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 02:41 PM   #2591
Jughead
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 11,825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
What we're not going to do in here is shit on Parks and Rec.

I have no idea what annoying ass politics could mean in relation to that show.
Ron does shit on the government any chance he can.
Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 03:52 PM   #2592
badger
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: badgerbacker
Posts: 3,769
Default

We should stop talking about Parks and Rec immediately if people are going to start criticizing Ron Swanson.
__________________
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 05:16 PM   #2593
Jvig43
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 10,302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
Ron does shit on the government any chance he can.
If someone thinks thats politics and not just a series long run joking making fun of the guy who thinks government doesn't work because he himself prevents it from working, you missed the point of that character.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 06:07 PM   #2594
Jughead
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 11,825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
If someone thinks thats politics and not just a series long run joking making fun of the guy who thinks government doesn't work because he himself prevents it from working, you missed the point of that character.
I don't disagree. I'm reaching myself to see how the show could have "annoying ass politics".
Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 06:14 PM   #2595
Brodie
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Brodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 18,376
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
If someone thinks thats politics and not just a series long run joking making fun of the guy who thinks government doesn't work because he himself prevents it from working, you missed the point of that character.
Pretending a libertarian can be a genuine human being is morally wrong.
__________________
Brodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 06:14 PM   #2596
Jvig43
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 10,302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
I don't disagree. I'm reaching myself to see how the show could have "annoying ass politics".
Yeah Im as lost as you and thats ther only thing I could think of that he was referring to as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
Pretending a libertarian can be a genuine human being is morally wrong.
Haha touche
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 06:20 PM   #2597
Kyle
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 15,578
Default

Only Brodie could take what is basically a perfect show and not be able to get past there being 1 character out of 10 that is a libertarian.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 06:24 PM   #2598
Prock
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 10,156
Default

Ron Swanson is an amazing character and the show is perfect and bitching and moaning about his "politics" is beyond petty.
Prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 06:25 PM   #2599
badger
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: badgerbacker
Posts: 3,769
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Only Brodie could take what is basically a perfect show and not be able to get past there being 1 character out of 10 that is a libertarian.

Not to mention jokes are made about him. Itís not like he saves Pawnee with libertarian principles. Brodie has to be joking, or heís just the worst.
__________________
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 06:25 PM   #2600
Jvig43
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 10,302
Default

To be honest I find it pretty hilarious. I appreciate his absolute devotion to anti libertarianism
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bbd <3s bbt, bigbangtheory, catfish, hannibalsucksbrodie, peakyfookinblinders, readabooklosers, watch barry

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.