Old 08-20-2019, 04:02 AM   #46002
Jvig43
Super Senior Member

The sad reality? Shes not wrong.
Jvig43 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 04:16 AM   #46003
OSUGiants
Super Senior Member

Member when the polls consistently said Hillary was going to win and win big? But yea you can’t dismiss the polls. Biden is the most electable.

He literally only appeals to old white people. If it’s him vs Trump in November and they both appeal to old white people, Trump will still get young republicans to vote for him while Biden turns away young democrats and the polls will fall flat on their face again. He literally offers nothing other than the media’s smoke and mirrors that he’s “the most electable”. It’s a lie that is being pushed until people believe it. He’s literally the establishment democrat and that’s it.
Old 08-20-2019, 04:21 AM   #46004
fenikz
LeBron James is a bitch

I know he would beat a 3rd party Sanders but do you think they would be close? Obviously Trump would win in that scenario.
Old 08-20-2019, 04:22 AM   #46005
OSUGiants
Super Senior Member

Also why can’t you apply that same logic of “pinch your nose and vote blue” to these perceived “unelectable” candidates?? If you expect people to vote blue just because they hate trump, why not nominate the candidate who’s base will march to the polls even if their foot gets stuck in a bear trap on Election Day?? Why not tell the establishment, swallow your pride and vote blue. I don’t get how that weird logic only works for Joe and not Bernie/Warren
Old 08-20-2019, 04:41 AM   #46006
badger
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants View Post
Also why can’t you apply that same logic of “pinch your nose and vote blue” to these perceived “unelectable” candidates?? If you expect people to vote blue just because they hate trump, why not nominate the candidate who’s base will march to the polls even if their foot gets stuck in a bear trap on Election Day?? Why not tell the establishment, swallow your pride and vote blue. I don’t get how that weird logic only works for Joe and not Bernie/Warren
It's the logic because Biden is the current front runner. If he starts getting surpassed in polls, the 'electability' idea will fade and he'll drop off quickly.
Old 08-20-2019, 04:48 AM   #46007
OSUGiants
Super Senior Member

He’s the front runner because the media and establishment have anointed him the front-runner and “most electable”. How is someone with a grassroots campaign, who’s also raising more money than Biden, not more electable? It makes no sense to me. Then again I also post on a draft message board about shitting my pants on a hungover Sunday, so what do I know!
Old 08-20-2019, 05:05 AM   #46008
badger
Super Senior Member

Whether it's accurate or not, people tend to see moderates as more electable. The media plays a role in that, but I think a lot of people just assume it regardless of evidence.

I tend to believe that it'll take care of itself when the primary voting starts. I feel like the candidate who gets the most votes is probably the most electable one.
Old 08-20-2019, 10:49 AM   #46009
BrownLeader

check out my draft ish @ talkdraft.net
BrownLeader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 11:55 AM   #46010
dg151
Super Senior Member

Castro qualified for the next debate. That’s 10. Inslee has enough donors but not the polls, Steyer is one poll away from me losing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
Please don't berate me for being insanely right, all the time.
dg151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 12:06 PM   #46011
dg151
Super Senior Member

Biden is seen as more electable because he beats Trump in most polls by a bigger margin than every other candidate. Sanders gets close sometimes but Warren and all the moderates have more narrow margins. And consistently this year polls have shown people care more about electability than ideological differences. People are scared and just want to beat Trump.

Quote:
Old 08-20-2019, 12:55 PM   #46012
Brent
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg151 View Post
People are scared and just want to beat Trump.
so, what you're saying is that we should just go with candidate who has the most active grassroots campaign that could get out the vote, while also knowing that people who are claiming that they just want to beat Trump will probably vote for any candidate with a D next to their name?

hmm, if only there was some candidate with a large grassroots organization and a clear level of support from a vast number of small dollar donors. I WONDER WHO THAT MIGHT BE.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 01:00 PM   #46013
Brent
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg151 View Post
Castro qualified for the next debate. That’s 10. Inslee has enough donors but not the polls, Steyer is one poll away from me losing it.
noooooooo. jesusfuckingchrist, they're going to do a single debate with like 10 people and it's going to be awful.

or split them again and somehow Biden is going to be on a different stage than Warren and Bernie
Old 08-20-2019, 01:07 PM   #46014
OSUGiants
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
so, what you're saying is that we should just go with candidate who has the most active grassroots campaign that could get out the vote, while also knowing that people who are claiming that they just want to beat Trump will probably vote for any candidate with a D next to their name?

hmm, if only there was some candidate with a large grassroots organization and a clear level of support from a vast number of small dollar donors. I WONDER WHO THAT MIGHT BE.
See, Brent gets it
Old 08-20-2019, 01:09 PM   #46015
Brent
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants View Post
See, Brent gets it
Bernie

Warren

Inslee

the other schlubs
Old 08-20-2019, 01:38 PM   #46016
dg151
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post

But that's true right now and that candidate is 15 points down in the primary. So people probably won't buy that as a reason for the person to be more electable.

If something doesn't change after the next debate one of Bernie/Warren are gonna have to do something to beat Biden.

Quote:
Old 08-20-2019, 03:14 PM   #46017
Babylon
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I know he would beat a 3rd party Sanders but do you think they would be close? Obviously Trump would win in that scenario.
I can't see Bernie running 3rd party. He's smart enough to know how that would turn out.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 03:20 PM   #46018
Prock
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownLeader View Post
I keep thinking about this, it's mind-boggling.
Prock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 03:26 PM   #46019
Babylon
LeBron James is a bitch

Probably explains where Trump's base comes from.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 03:36 PM   #46020
The Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prock View Post
I keep thinking about this, it's mind-boggling.
Not really. It's not that universities aren't a valuable institution it's that they've been hijacked by a certain type of discourse and attitude.

The end. Cut to black. Audience goes fucking apeshit.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#timesupmen, based and redpilled, bbd =troll, block_sham_block_sham, brodie complains too much, brodie is <- of marx, get over it you lost, harambe incest, ignore jerrah zac, infowars.com, jr voted for trump, justburndownalabama, middle-out, money over everything, nazi white house, new users wtf, trickle down urineomics, trigger warning, wrong wall button