For The Sports  

Go Back   For The Sports > Sports Discussion > Individual Team Threads

Old 08-11-2019, 02:10 AM   #13021
pocketaces
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Our Kicker will not finish the year with us. Just wonder how many wins he costs us before he's replaced?
Still relevant.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 04:28 AM   #13022
Jas
Super Senior Member

Our back up QBs are trash. Rush, lol and I thought white could compete, smh. They re not progressing at all. They stunk last preseason and look worse this year.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 11:22 AM   #13023
pocketaces
Super Senior Member

Dak out here turning down $30M a year? Lololololol

Welcome to QB purgatory.

Quote:
Michael Lombardi
@mlombardiNFL

If Dak Prescott has turned down an offer in the 30 million per year range, which is what I am hearing, then he is nuts. Not a top-five quarterback
Old 08-12-2019, 08:39 PM   #13024
pocketaces
Super Senior Member

Jane Slater reporting Dak has in fact turned down $30M per year and is looking for $40M per. What a joke! Surely even Jerruh isnít THAT stupid!!
Old 08-13-2019, 03:00 PM   #13025
pocketaces
Super Senior Member

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/201...el-elliott/11/
Old 08-13-2019, 03:00 PM   #13026
proof

Glad to hear thatís being walked back in the media, because I donít see anyway itís true.

For the sake of argument though, if it were true, they should call him into the office and sign both Zeke and Amari to whatever they want in front of him.
proof is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 05:26 PM   #13027
pocketaces
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by proof View Post
Glad to hear thatís being walked back in the media, because I donít see anyway itís true.

For the sake of argument though, if it were true, they should call him into the office and sign both Zeke and Amari to whatever they want in front of him.
Even if the $40M is exaggerated, paying him top 5 money is going to be a franchise killer. We'll have a 2 or 3 year window at best. D-Sensitive was WAY off on this one, thinking he was going to take some kind of home town discount was delusional.
Old 08-15-2019, 12:34 AM   #13028
pocketaces
Super Senior Member

https://twitter.com/HelmanDC/status/1161793285167276033

$40M throw
Old 08-15-2019, 12:42 AM   #13029
pocketaces
Super Senior Member

Old 08-15-2019, 12:44 AM   #13030
pocketaces
Super Senior Member

https://twitter.com/HelmanDC/status/1161790851544014848

#PayThatMan
Old 08-15-2019, 10:17 AM   #13031
Fresh!
Super Senior Member

Lol you literally chose not to post the positive plays helman and others posted before and after those?
Why?
You’re fake news! We get it, you don’t think he’s a good qb, but at least be fair and give the whole picture.

Here’s some context for the few folks still here. There’s plenty of good from Dakota that Helman and others have posted
Quote:
https://twitter.com/HelmanDC/status/...099761152?s=20
Todd the Godd says Dak complete 63% passing with five total INTs in 236 attempts over the course of 12 practices.

Anyways, the defense looks stout, even without its best player out there, and should be a force this season. Too 5 for sure. Xavier woods has been playing with a huge chip on his shoulder, looks great! Hoping Kellen can take the next step and move the offense to elite status. Amari being injured is troublesome, but hopefully the time off will help get him right. Hoping these contracts get done and they go into the season locked and loaded. There’s talk Jaylon could be first actually.

Giants without Tate game 1 also bodes well.

Last edited by Fresh!; 08-15-2019 at 10:51 AM.
Fresh! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 12:54 PM   #13032
pocketaces
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh! View Post
Lol you literally chose not to post the positive plays helman and others posted before and after those?
Why?
Youíre fake news! We get it, you donít think heís a good qb, but at least be fair and give the whole picture.

Hereís some context for the few folks still here. Thereís plenty of good from Dakota that Helman and others have posted

Anyways, the defense looks stout, even without its best player out there, and should be a force this season. Too 5 for sure. Xavier woods has been playing with a huge chip on his shoulder, looks great! Hoping Kellen can take the next step and move the offense to elite status. Amari being injured is troublesome, but hopefully the time off will help get him right. Hoping these contracts get done and they go into the season locked and loaded. Thereís talk Jaylon could be first actually.

Giants without Tate game 1 also bodes well.
"Fake news" by posting video evidence that Dak is still doing Dak things? Lol, Ok. The dude is trying to become the highest paid QB in the league, you think maybe, just maybe, giving his receiver a chance and not throwing the ball at his feet (still) wouldn't be too much to ask. Thats a routine throw for most QBs much less ones that are trying to be paid $40M or whatever ridiculous price he's looking for. New OC, new QB coach, same Dak. Hopefully this is one contract that doesn't get done and he's made to play out the season. Reevaluate after that.
Old 08-15-2019, 03:16 PM   #13033
Fresh!
Super Senior Member

*thumbs up @ Dak still doing Dak things*

Anyways....Kudos to Proof for the link.
People are high on our defense this year!!!!
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-lead-the-pack
Old 08-15-2019, 06:31 PM   #13034
pocketaces
Super Senior Member

As far as 10 yard passes go, those were impressive lol.

Top 2 Defense, Top 5 OL, NFL rushing leader, Cooper, Gallup, Cobb, Witt, I mean this team is LOADED. Should be no excuses. Back to the 90s!
Old 08-16-2019, 02:49 PM   #13035
pocketaces
Super Senior Member

From Strum's column. Could this be true? Hmmmm. Wonder who's been saying this for years? Hmmmmm.

Quote:
After hearing what he said after the game in San Francisco, I am left with the impression that Taco sees the end here. While that is disappointing, it certainly isnít terribly surprising. He never looked like an edge to me, and I would have preferred an honest effort to move him inside, but itís clear the Cowboys donít believe he has the mentality to dominate inside. The draft decision in 2017 was said to be scheme-specific, but I didnít buy it then and I donít buy it now. TJ Watt would have been a great edge here and the Cowboys essentially play nickel 75 percent of the time. He would have been a pass-rush edge just like he is in Pittsburgh. There is almost no difference in todayís game between the 3-4 and the 4-3 when teams go to nickel. Taco was always going to be a reach, and that hasnít changed.
Old 08-18-2019, 02:56 AM   #13036
Fresh!
Super Senior Member

Great drive for 7 for the starting offense! Even overcoming a huge penalty or two.
Dak looks great!
Old 08-18-2019, 09:41 AM   #13037
Jas
Super Senior Member

Gonna havta stick with him, don't see that changing. The money, hopefully is more like 30, I was hoping 25 but he knows he has them by the balls.
Regardless of what we think of him, if we're somewhat divided on it and his abilities, he's the QB.
That's it.
We are entitled to support him or not, show his high and low lights, praise or be critical at times, but it's not changing.
Sometimes, I think its easy to just find the next. I even laughably thought white could replace him but decent QBs aren't easy to find.

Not news, just a reminder.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.blo...ening-exercise

Last edited by Jas; 08-18-2019 at 09:44 AM.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 05:34 PM   #13038
pocketaces
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas View Post
Gonna havta stick with him, don't see that changing. The money, hopefully is more like 30, I was hoping 25 but he knows he has them by the balls.
Regardless of what we think of him, if we're somewhat divided on it and his abilities, he's the QB.
That's it.
We are entitled to support him or not, show his high and low lights, praise or be critical at times, but it's not changing.
Sometimes, I think its easy to just find the next. I even laughably thought white could replace him but decent QBs aren't easy to find.

Not news, just a reminder.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.blo...ening-exercise
Yes he is the QB. Hes not a horrible QB, he's an average QB. We were lucky to have gotten him in the 4th round and even more lucky Jerruh didn't get the trade he wanted with the Broncos. On the flip side, he couldn't have walked into a better situation. If he'd have beed drafted by Cleveland, the Jets, the Jags or a number of other teams he'd be a career backup. If we overpaid for Romo you can multiply that by 100 if he gets anything close to $30M (He will) and probably more. Believe me, I root for him, I want him to succeed. He just drives me crazy with some of the throws he makes, or doesn't make. Even that pass to Gallup last night, it was an ok throw, it picked up 20 yards, but if he leads him by a yard or 2 Gallup is still running. His ball placement has to get better.
Old 08-19-2019, 04:46 PM   #13039
Fernando
LeBron James is a bitch

At this point, i'll be fine with it as long as he plays the Joe Flacco role. Do enough to win.

Anyway, sucks about Taco. We rarely miss with defensive players, huge kick in the balls to miss in the first round. What a shitty pick.
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 06:30 PM   #13040
pocketaces
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
At this point, i'll be fine with it as long as he plays the Joe Flacco role. Do enough to win.

Anyway, sucks about Taco. We rarely miss with defensive players, huge kick in the balls to miss in the first round. What a shitty pick.
I hope Hill turns out to be very good because we passed on all the top Safeties to draft him. Put Watt and one of those Safeties on this D and we are Elite Elite.

Tags
100 iq or less thread, broken bones romo, d unit is poor, fuck dez bryant, romo glass qb