For The Sports  

Go Back   For The Sports > Sports Discussion > NFL Archive

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2022, 03:09 AM   #121
Brodie
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Brodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 29,731
Default

Why didn't he take a timeout after that play at least if not the play before? I don't understand why coaches do this all the time
__________________
Brodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 03:12 AM   #122
Dan
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 6,201
Default

Wait again: Cincy just set an attendance record? Just now in 2022? Dude am I fucking deaf?
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 01:13 PM   #123
Zak
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Jersey
Posts: 18,250
Default

Aren't the concussion doctors not associated with the teams now? I thought they report to the league just to avoid the team putting players back in situations like this.

Edit: This goes over everything a lot better. The NFL has a lot of explaining to do.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...loa-on-sunday/

Last edited by Zak; 09-30-2022 at 01:18 PM.
Zak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 01:18 PM   #124
BeerBaron
LeBron James is a bitch
 
BeerBaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 10,751
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak View Post
Aren't the concussion doctors not associated with the teams now? I thought they report to the league just to avoid the team putting players back in situations like this.
So they're "independent" in that they're not associated with the teams, but they are still hired into this role and compensated by the league. If they want that arrangement to continue, they won't overstep and piss off their employer. So, even though they can technically have a player pulled off the field to be evaluated and it's their call if a player can return, they almost never utilize that. The pressure is to get the player back out there, so that's usually what happens unless the player takes responsibility and takes himself out.

Like I said last night, this is all just a show to keep the league from getting sued down the line. They want the players out there. It's more exciting to have all of the stars out there and not be getting pulled for concussions.
__________________
BeerBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 01:20 PM   #125
Zak
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Jersey
Posts: 18,250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
So they're "independent" in that they're not associated with the teams, but they are still hired into this role and compensated by the league. If they want that arrangement to continue, they won't overstep and piss off their employer. So, even though they can technically have a player pulled off the field to be evaluated and it's their call if a player can return, they almost never utilize that. The pressure is to get the player back out there, so that's usually what happens unless the player takes responsibility and takes himself out.

Like I said last night, this is all just a show to keep the league from getting sued down the line. They want the players out there. It's more exciting to have all of the stars out there and not be getting pulled for concussions.
Yup agreed. Just posted something from PFT that goes over all this.
Zak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 01:43 PM   #126
Prock
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 14,514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
I was wondering this too, I don't remember illegal contact being able to be added on to the end of the play?
I learned this during the Vikings game last week. Must be new.
Prock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 01:52 PM   #127
fenikz
LeBron James is a bitch
 
fenikz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 29,312
Default

Weird

Any idea why the refs in the Rams/Cardinals game respottrd a ball without any sort of review? Is that a from New York thing now?
__________________

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 02:18 PM   #128
BeerBaron
LeBron James is a bitch
 
BeerBaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 10,751
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Weird

Any idea why the refs in the Rams/Cardinals game respottrd a ball without any sort of review? Is that a from New York thing now?
Yeah, to speed up games, instead of doing formal reviews, New York is sending in obvious/minor corrections directly.
__________________
BeerBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 02:41 PM   #129
proof
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 600
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Still reminds me of Dwight's friend Trevor from The Office.


perfect. "you tell me"
proof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 02:51 PM   #130
fenikz
LeBron James is a bitch
 
fenikz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 29,312
Default

That feels crooked af

No explanations or anything changed a 1st down to 4th and 2, they converted the 4th but like just that drastic of a change feels like someone should acknowledge it

Could have just been that crew because I recall another saying the ball should be spotted at that blah blah yard line in a different game and maybe that was also a NY review
__________________


Last edited by fenikz; 09-30-2022 at 02:53 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 03:27 PM   #131
BeerBaron
LeBron James is a bitch
 
BeerBaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 10,751
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by proof View Post
perfect. "you tell me"


The look is eh beyond the glasses and high forehead, but they've got some similar mannerisms and even way of talking. I see it every time I see McDaniel speak.
__________________
BeerBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 03:54 PM   #132
BeerBaron
LeBron James is a bitch
 
BeerBaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 10,751
Default

The Bills signed Xavier Rhodes this week and he's already out with a hamstring injury.

They're this years Ravens will just a crazy amount of injuries to their secondary. At least they'll get White back, but damn.
__________________
BeerBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 06:38 PM   #133
Damix
Dictator
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 6,884
Default

The guy who let Tua back in Sunday got fired. This story won’t be going away for a while
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 08:06 PM   #134
Zak
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Jersey
Posts: 18,250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
The guy who let Tua back in Sunday got fired. This story wonít be going away for a while
Said he made multiple mistakes. Seems like a fall guy.
Zak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 11:32 PM   #135
DallasM
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 4,140
Send a message via Skype™ to DallasM
Default

he absolutely was a fall guy.



Good on them, but this also should have been in effect years ago.
DallasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 12:23 AM   #136
BeerBaron
LeBron James is a bitch
 
BeerBaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 10,751
Default

Yeah. I feel like guys are going to be "coached" (not officially, of course) to stay down if they're feeling anything at all so as not to show "instability". Better to lose them for one play than the game.
__________________
BeerBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 12:27 AM   #137
Lil Quip
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasM View Post
he absolutely was a fall guy.



Good on them, but this also should have been in effect years ago.
It is refreshing in this day in age that both sides put their swords away and trying to make meaningful change rather trying to win some PR battle.

Of course, I watched Cowherd the other day blabbing about his proposed 'wobble' rule. He can be insufferable when he cherry picks details to be right, rather than lucking out once.
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 12:44 AM   #138
Fernando
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 18,991
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Yeah. I feel like guys are going to be "coached" (not officially, of course) to stay down if they're feeling anything at all so as not to show "instability". Better to lose them for one play than the game.
Yeah Iím sure guys will be dying to have their brains mashed in.
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 02:48 AM   #139
BeerBaron
LeBron James is a bitch
 
BeerBaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 10,751
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
Yeah Iím sure guys will be dying to have their brains mashed in.
That's how it's been, don't see it changing soon. They want to get back out there. It's been beaten into them their entire football lives.
__________________
BeerBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 04:01 AM   #140
Zak
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Jersey
Posts: 18,250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
Yeah Iím sure guys will be dying to have their brains mashed in.
They already do. At any point Tua could have said he wasn't playing on Thursday.
Zak is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.