For The Sports  

Go Back   For The Sports > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2023, 11:54 PM   #70921
WMD
LeBron James is a bitch
 
WMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Flint, Michigan
Posts: 12,578
Send a message via AIM to WMD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
eh, who gives a shit what some MAGA chud from Muskegon thinks
Brodie's opinions are as valid as everyone elses
__________________
WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 01:54 AM   #70922
fenikz
we are family
 
fenikz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 32,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
Zero new wars under Trump, just saying.
Was it really a war crime if we weren't at war?
__________________


fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 02:08 AM   #70923
Forenci
Super Senior Member
 
Forenci's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 6,333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You don't need to convince me, I plan on voting early and often. One of the reasons we left Texas for California was because I have no idea what shit is going to go down in 2024, and I feel like 25% safer here.
Haha, I know. More so just debating with your argument, but I know how you feel and what youíre saying. I just think itís important to be careful in this election because there are a lot of folks who may just not vote Biden for whatever reason, and thatís a recipe for disaster. If you canít find anything heís done you agree with, I think itís okay just to vote for him because the other guy is sounding pretty much like Hitler-lite.
Forenci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 04:49 AM   #70924
jerrahjones
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,896
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Haha, I know. More so just debating with your argument, but I know how you feel and what youíre saying. I just think itís important to be careful in this election because there are a lot of folks who may just not vote Biden for whatever reason, and thatís a recipe for disaster. If you canít find anything heís done you agree with, I think itís okay just to vote for him because the other guy is sounding pretty much like Hitler-lite.
Dude, the public sector workers will just stuff 30-40mm ballots for Biden. He is a shoe in even with 50mm real votes.
jerrahjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 04:51 AM   #70925
jerrahjones
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,896
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
And I think in a normal election, you would be right. It's an absolute mistake to treat this election as if it's normal, which I think is the issue. This will be the most important election of our lives. We're talking about letting back in a tyrant who tried pretty damn hard to overturn democracy and has spent the last four years trying to undermine democracy with his lies about election fraud.

Again, here's the quote from his Veteran's day speech:

ďWe pledge to you that we will root out the communists, Marxists, fascists and the radical left thugs that live like vermin within the confines of our country that lie and steal and cheat on elections. Theyíll do anything, whether legally or illegally, to destroy America and to destroy the American Dream.Ē

That's some Hitler level shit right there. We need to stop pretending this is business as usual. Even if he loses he may try to incite another riot or god knows what else. If he wins he might try to use his power to remove safe guards of our democracy and on top of setting us back another 40 years with social and economic policy.

I do appreciate you keeping Dems honest, Brent. We need to not settle for the same old shtick, but I don't think this is the election. Even if it means voting for Biden because he's not a psycho strong man like Trump is desparately trying to become.
Hysterical puta.
jerrahjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 02:57 AM   #70926
Prock
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 15,540
Default

Hey it looks like Biden negotiated a tentative ceasefire just like Brent asked for!
Prock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 05:10 AM   #70927
nepg
we are family
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 27,970
Default

I didn't know we voted in millimeters. Did I miss something?
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 06:58 PM   #70928
Brent
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 17,178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prock View Post
Hey it looks like Biden negotiated a tentative ceasefire just like Brent asked for!
hasnt happened yet, but if it does good; hopefully it's not a nonsensical " humanitarian pause."

wait, did you come here at 9pm on a Friday just to call me out?
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 09:32 PM   #70929
Prock
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 15,540
Default

I saw the article at 9pm while watching TV and posted a sentence on the forum we all post on, yes. Deserved after your string of posts complaining about how Biden didn’t magically fix the Middle East.
Prock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 10:08 PM   #70930
iowatreat
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 13,915
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
wait, did you come here at 9pm on a Friday just to call me out?
I'm not taking sides, but this isn't the same burn it was for us like 15 years ago when we weren't old and had social lives.
iowatreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 12:38 AM   #70931
fenikz
we are family
 
fenikz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 32,493
Default

ya what were you doing at 9PM on a Friday Brent? I was babysitting a rattlesnake personally
__________________


fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 12:42 AM   #70932
Prock
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 15,540
Default

That’s a euphemism I hadn’t heard before, I like that one.
Prock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 12:45 AM   #70933
fenikz
we are family
 
fenikz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 32,493
Default

stealing it...from myself
__________________


fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 01:28 AM   #70934
The Alex
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The DMV
Posts: 7,270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
And I think in a normal election, you would be right. It's an absolute mistake to treat this election as if it's normal, which I think is the issue. This will be the most important election of our lives.
Democrats have said this for every election of the 21st century. The party who cried wolf.
__________________


The End. Cut to black. Audience goes fucking apeshit.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 01:54 AM   #70935
iowatreat
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 13,915
Default

I mean, the one they lost put one of the worst presidents in office and allowed the existence of potentially the worst supreme Court at least in modern times, so...
iowatreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 01:57 AM   #70936
The Alex
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The DMV
Posts: 7,270
Default

GWB was a drastically worse president and regime than Trump and I’m sick of pretending otherwise.
__________________


The End. Cut to black. Audience goes fucking apeshit.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 01:59 AM   #70937
iowatreat
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 13,915
Default

So the two the Dems lost in the 21st century were to terrible Presidents?
iowatreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 02:09 AM   #70938
The Alex
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The DMV
Posts: 7,270
Default

And the one they got elected was All Talk Barack?
__________________


The End. Cut to black. Audience goes fucking apeshit.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 02:14 AM   #70939
iowatreat
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 13,915
Default

I mean you're argument was the Dems have said it every election and when they lost it was two terrible Presidents, so if you're argument is now shifting to Obama not being any better then idk where to go from here
iowatreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 01:29 PM   #70940
DallasM
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 5,011
Send a message via Skype™ to DallasM
Default

The whole "most important election of our lives" thing has only really hit during the trump years and thats because his side sees this at best like a football game (win at all costs) and at worst, full throated accelerationism into crushing anyone who doesnt like them.

No one really knew what to expect in bush 2's first term, and the 9/11 residual fervor along with kerry being a weak candidate led to a lot more backlash in his 2nd term.

Obama had inherited the housing crisis and had enough goodwill and sway to pass one major thing with 60 sens, which was the ACA. (Healthcare was atrocious before then), then 2010 was a huge red wave and that was it for laws being passed.

Last edited by DallasM; 11-21-2023 at 01:32 PM.
DallasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.