For The Sports  

Go Back   For The Sports > Sports Discussion > Individual Team Threads

Old 05-09-2022, 09:32 PM   #18881
pocketaces
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Those guys were all Marinelli & Garrett. They're gone, so yeah... Bobby Belt and thule could be right.

If Riley turns USC around in 1 year, we need to pursue.
Fuck Riley. Lol. And the "gm" is still here. We all know he/they are the problem.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 05:56 AM   #18882
D-Unit
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Fuck Riley. Lol. And the "gm" is still here. We all know he/they are the problem.
I honestly don't think Jerry overrides Will and the Coaches in the draft because he likes a guy so much.

They tell him who to pick and he just likes the credit. Steven is there to catch the blame. lol
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 04:10 PM   #18883
Fernando
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Did Taco fall on the coaches or the scouts? LVE? Jaylon? Bobby Belt is the biggest homer on the planet but even if hes right, do we believe Jerruh is finally going to get it right with a new HC hire? You can say Peyton is out there but whats that going to cost? NO isnt going to just let him walk without being compensated.
I think the only one we can shit on is the Taco pick. LVE was quite good, before the neck injuries crept back up. Jaylon was as well, and he was a long shot we got in the second.

I get the apprehension but the scouting department has shown us many times they're doing just fine.
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 07:34 PM   #18884
pocketaces
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
I think the only one we can shit on is the Taco pick. LVE was quite good, before the neck injuries crept back up. Jaylon was as well, and he was a long shot we got in the second.

I get the apprehension but the scouting department has shown us many times they're doing just fine.
LVE had neck injuries before we drafted him. We all know about Jaylons mangled knee before we drafted him. You don't draft "long shots" in the 2nd round. Gregory was a pot head in college, are we going to be surprised when he gets suspended? Drafting guys with a injury history and giving the FO a pass when they get injured again is.....something. You want to draft a guy like Damone Clark in the 5th round? Bravo! Im all for it. In the 2nd? Hell no. Much less the first like they did with LVE.
Old 05-10-2022, 10:08 PM   #18885
pocketaces
Super Senior Member

https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1524051133039325190

Dak gets more regular season love. At least we'll get to watch them lose at home again. One and done.
Old 05-12-2022, 05:54 PM   #18886
proof

Quote:
LVE had neck injuries before we drafted him. We all know about Jaylons mangled knee before we drafted him. You don't draft "long shots" in the 2nd round. Gregory was a pot head in college, are we going to be surprised when he gets suspended? Drafting guys with a injury history and giving the FO a pass when they get injured again is.....something. You want to draft a guy like Damone Clark in the 5th round? Bravo! Im all for it. In the 2nd? Hell no. Much less the first like they did with LVE.
bingo. and letís not forget Derwin falling into range
proof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 06:37 PM   #18887
pocketaces
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by proof View Post
bingo. and letís not forget Derwin falling into range
And they openly said if both were available they were still taking LVE. Whoís that on?
Old 05-14-2022, 10:01 AM   #18888
D-Unit
Super Senior Member

I think this might be my favorite group of UDFAs that I can remember.
Old 05-14-2022, 09:22 PM   #18889
pocketaces
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Yup. Nice group. Would expect a few to make the team. A bunch to make the PS
Old 05-19-2022, 07:55 PM   #18890
jerrahjones
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Like your Girlfriend saying thats the best 1 inch dick she ever had.

LOL!!!!!
jerrahjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 08:47 PM   #18891
D-Unit
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrahjones View Post
Like your Girlfriend saying thats the best 1 inch dick she ever had.

LOL!!!!!
One of those moods today, huh?
Old 06-02-2022, 10:54 PM   #18892
pocketaces
Super Senior Member

The Cowboys held their fourth OTA practice on Thursday, and the second that was open to the media.

Here are some takeaways from Thursdayís practice.

Quote:
*Left tackle Tyron Smith was back out at practice after missing last Wednesday. Smith looked to be moving around well, but was still splitting first team reps at tackle. This is likely a precautionary measure, as well as an opportunity to cross-train first round pick Tyler Smith at tackle.
Quote:
Speaking of Tyler Smith, the rookie continues to impress. Every practice seems to show improvement. Today Smith took the majority of his team reps at left tackle, but he also got in some work at left guard. Smith stonewalled Micah Parsons in a rep at left tackle. It was the first time weíve really seen Parsons get handled during OTAís.
Quote:
*Micah Parsons continues to work with the linebackers as well as the defensive ends. The rep against Tyler Smith was one of the few he lost on the day. A few snaps later Parsons put right tackle Terence Steele on the ground.
Quote:
*Itís still a pretty thin receiving corps thatís working with Dak Prescott. Jalen Tolbert caught some punts, but didnít take part in receiving drills. James Washington is out of his walking boot, but worked off to the side on resistance cords. There was a brief appearance from Michael Gallup, who also worked with the training staff on resistance cords.
Quote:
*Josh Ball has spent most of his time at right tackle, but on Thursday he got in a few reps with the second team at right guard. Rookie Matt Waletzko appears to be ahead of Ball on the depth chart right now, and had a nice rep at left tackle against Trysten Hill.
Old 06-14-2022, 09:51 PM   #18893
jerrahjones
Super Senior Member

Quote:

My problem is not scouting. My problem is they don't know how to use the draft to get value. LVE and Frederickson are two examples of reaching
Old 06-15-2022, 03:54 PM   #18894
Fernando
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrahjones View Post
My problem is not scouting. My problem is they don't know how to use the draft to get value. LVE and Frederickson are two examples of reaching
Value is subjective, though. It wouldn't have been a reach if LVE turned into Sean Lee like he certainly looked like he was going to after his first season. Frederick (i assume is who you meant) was having a HOF career. If you're assuming he would have been available at a later time, we're just playing pretendsies here.
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 03:48 AM   #18895
jerrahjones
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Value is subjective, though. It wouldn't have been a reach if LVE turned into Sean Lee like he certainly looked like he was going to after his first season. Frederick (i assume is who you meant) was having a HOF career. If you're assuming he would have been available at a later time, we're just playing pretendsies here.
Neither was considered top 60. Fredrick had a third round grade if my recall is right.
Old 06-17-2022, 03:49 AM   #18896
jerrahjones
Super Senior Member

Tom Brady is GOAT but no one in their right mind uses the #1 that year on Tom. Again, drafting is about using them properly.

Tags
100 iq or less thread, broken bones romo, d unit is poor, fuck dez bryant, jerrah is a racist, romo glass qb