For The Sports  

Go Back   For The Sports > General Discussion

Old 07-16-2022, 03:08 AM   #4081
jerrahjones
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
Pretty sure the vaccine helped a lot of people not die!
With enlarged hearts and clots.
jerrahjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 04:40 AM   #4082
Caddy
Super Senior Member

Weak effort
Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 04:50 PM   #4083
Dragon
Super Senior Member

I paid $250 for a covid test to go to the UK in December. Insurance didn't cover it because it was non essential travel. I just randomly got a refund for it. Was there some bill passed to cover all covid tests or something?
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 10:02 PM   #4084
iowatreat
LeBron James is a bitch

What kind of test/where did you get tested that wasn't covered by insurance? I've had several rapid and PCR tests in the last 2 years at Walgreens or CVS and haven't paid, but I know a lot of pop up places or urgent care type places were not accepting insurance for the most part.
iowatreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 10:49 PM   #4085
Dragon
Super Senior Member

It was a MultiCare place. I needed a certain type of test on short notice because the UK changed their entry requirements at the last minute and the MultiCare was the only one I could find that had availability and I knew for a fact was the right type of rest.
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 11:06 PM   #4086
iowatreat
LeBron James is a bitch

Only thing I can think of is they submitted something after to your insurance and doing that triggered some sort of reimbursement to them (maybe not directly from the insurance company), so they refunded you. No idea.

Or they fucked up initially saying that test wasn't covered but it was the wrong info initially and corrected it.
iowatreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 02:10 AM   #4087
RaiderNation
Super Senior Member

Looks like I finally got Covid. And of course it’s on my 30th birthday!!

Giants | Kings | Duke | Chelsea
RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 03:48 AM   #4088
fenikz
LeBron James is a bitch

Yup that shit is everywhere, mutated from stomach flu back to sore throat or its possible just that both exist now

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 05:19 PM   #4089
Niel89
Super Senior Member

Location: If you see something, say nothing, and drink to forget.

Fuck sorry man that sucks. Stay hydrated, take it easy, and get some groceries dropped off.

My doctor sent me that paxlovid as a precaution. I took it that night and it gave me the most bitter taste in my mouth. Like it woke me up out of a deep sleep and I couldn't go back to bed. I brushed my teeth a bunch of times and just started pounding mints. My friend took it and had a really mild bitter taste so I just must be the unlucky percent that it really messes with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
towelie i hope you get aids
Niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 02:21 AM   #4090
RaiderNation
Super Senior Member

So far it hasn’t been too bad of a sickness for me other than Wednesday night I had a fever, congestion, headache and sore neck. The past few days I feel shitty in the mornings but once the acetaminophen and aleve kick in I don’t feel to bad at all. Hoping I’ll be back to 100% by mid week next week. Missing out on a golf trip this weekend cuz of this shit

Giants | Kings | Duke | Chelsea
RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 04:22 AM   #4091
Forenci
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niel89 View Post
Fuck sorry man that sucks. Stay hydrated, take it easy, and get some groceries dropped off.

My doctor sent me that paxlovid as a precaution. I took it that night and it gave me the most bitter taste in my mouth. Like it woke me up out of a deep sleep and I couldn't go back to bed. I brushed my teeth a bunch of times and just started pounding mints. My friend took it and had a really mild bitter taste so I just must be the unlucky percent that it really messes with.
Same happened to me. I was on a Prednisone at the time which is a immunosuppressant so he put me on Paxlovid just to be cautious. Had a nasty metallic taste for a few days but that was all. Thankfully went away.
Forenci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 05:06 PM   #4092
Dan
Super Senior Member

I think i am becoming a closet anti masker:-/ people are catching at our facility left and right and my manager said I suggest we wear our masks and my first thought was fuck you lady
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 05:44 PM   #4093
fenikz
LeBron James is a bitch

suggest you work from home

but really masks never worked here because it requires everyone to actually do it

Old 07-24-2022, 06:04 PM   #4094
WMD
LeBron James is a bitch

Send a message via AIM to WMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
I think i am becoming a closet anti masker:-/ people are catching at our facility left and right and my manager said I suggest we wear our masks and my first thought was fuck you lady
That's probably always your first thought when she says something though
Old 08-05-2022, 07:27 PM   #4095
Dr. Gonzo
Super Senior Member

I made it over two years avoiding it but today I tested positive for Covid. Just a fever but I'm annoyed I'm too sick to enjoy isolation
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 09:16 PM   #4096
Forenci
Super Senior Member

Sorry buddy. Pretty much inevitable we’ll all get it at some point. Definitely feel like I’ll be one of the only people wearing a mask at school this year, haha.
Forenci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 11:39 PM   #4097
Jughead
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I made it over two years avoiding it but today I tested positive for Covid. Just a fever but I'm annoyed I'm too sick to enjoy isolation
Same. I got it last weekend and it's still ever so slightly lingering. My wife got it from me and is a few days behind me. She's still in the thick of it. Overall it was 2 bad days, and then lingering cough/tiredness.
Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 12:46 AM   #4098
Fernando
LeBron James is a bitch

Any of y’all have issues with losing your voice? Two friends at work just got the new strand and they’ve had major vocal chord issues.
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 12:54 AM   #4099
fenikz
LeBron James is a bitch

My sister in law did, not like smoker raspy but like she would choke on words or something, hard to describe

Old 08-06-2022, 02:24 AM   #4100
Dr. Gonzo
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
Same. I got it last weekend and it's still ever so slightly lingering. My wife got it from me and is a few days behind me. She's still in the thick of it. Overall it was 2 bad days, and then lingering cough/tiredness.
My kid got it a few weeks ago and was just sick for a day. My fiance has it and she was such for almost a week. I still feel real sick but it hasn't gotten worse for a bit now so hoping it's a quick one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
Any of y’all have issues with losing your voice? Two friends at work just got the new strand and they’ve had major vocal chord issues.
When my fiance was sick it did a number on her throat and she could barely speak for a few days but all good now. No lingering effects.
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
the wind of god