For The Sports  

Go Back   For The Sports > Sports Discussion > Individual Team Threads

Old 11-25-2022, 02:02 AM   #19341
Witten4hof

Tip of the cap to CeeDee... he was more engaged than I've ever seen him. He ate up man coverage and repeatedly made the Giants pay when they brought pressure. His stat line doesn't do his dominance justice.

Dak left some meat on the bone in this game but it if these two get on the same page we will finish the season strong. Fingers crossed on OBJ as well, I still think we need another playmaker to keep defenses from keying on certain guys.
Witten4hof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 02:53 AM   #19342
pocketaces
Super Senior Member

How much are you willing to pay a 30yo WR that’s had 2 major knee surgeries that Jerruh said tonight, may not be able to play this year?
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 03:23 AM   #19343
Witten4hof

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
How much are you willing to pay a 30yo WR that’s had 2 major knee surgeries that Jerruh said tonight, may not be able to play this year?
I think it is less about the cap number and more about the length of the contract. I'd give him whatever he wants for this season, pending a passed physical. It's a lottery ticket in a season in which there aren't many dominant teams. If he wants a multi year deal like some reports say, there has to be contingencies if he isn't healthy and outs if things don't work out.

I think something similar to Amari's deal would be appropriate... give him 2 or 3 yrs at 20 mil per... guarantee this year and a small portion of next season as a good faith measure. Everything else would be fluff to make the contract look nice on paper.
Old 11-25-2022, 01:19 PM   #19344
pocketaces
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4hof View Post
I think it is less about the cap number and more about the length of the contract. I'd give him whatever he wants for this season, pending a passed physical. It's a lottery ticket in a season in which there aren't many dominant teams. If he wants a multi year deal like some reports say, there has to be contingencies if he isn't healthy and outs if things don't work out.

I think something similar to Amari's deal would be appropriate... give him 2 or 3 yrs at 20 mil per... guarantee this year and a small portion of next season as a good faith measure. Everything else would be fluff to make the contract look nice on paper.
We should have just kept Cooper lol. I’m not against signing OBJ, I just know if we do we won’t sign anybody in FA but we probably won’t do that anyway. Just wonder if he’ll be worth the investment.
Old 11-25-2022, 04:16 PM   #19345
Fernando
LeBron James is a bitch

20M per year? For OBJ???? Y’all realize the Rams gave him like $2M last year right? lol
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 04:24 PM   #19346
pocketaces
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
20M per year? For OBJ???? Y’all realize the Rams gave him like $2M last year right? lol
Its been reported he wants a deal like we just gave to Gallup. 5 year $62M ish.
Old 11-25-2022, 04:35 PM   #19347
Fernando
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Its been reported he wants a deal like we just gave to Gallup. 5 year $62M ish.
And i want to marry Dua Lipa.
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 10:35 PM   #19348
proof

Quote:
ehh... for one he still made money from his contract w/ the browns, and for two he'd looked like trash with cleveland and was looking to win a title, rehab his value and hit FA again. he's looking to sign long term now and won't settle for a prove it deal.

not saying we should acquiesce, but different situations
proof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 10:37 PM   #19349
jerrahjones
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4hof View Post
Tip of the cap to CeeDee... he was more engaged than I've ever seen him. He ate up man coverage and repeatedly made the Giants pay when they brought pressure. His stat line doesn't do his dominance justice.

Dak left some meat on the bone in this game but it if these two get on the same page we will finish the season strong. Fingers crossed on OBJ as well, I still think we need another playmaker to keep defenses from keying on certain guys.
This.
jerrahjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 10:38 PM   #19350
jerrahjones
Super Senior Member

Quote:
$0.00
jerrahjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 12:36 AM   #19351
pocketaces
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrahjones View Post
This.
I’m surprised a 2/3 was able to accomplish this. /s
Old 11-27-2022, 04:15 PM   #19352
pocketaces
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Quote:
It has been reported that Beckham is looking for a multiyear deal, not something that just goes through the end of this season. ESPN recently reported that league sources are predicting that his eventual compensation package could be similar on a prorated basis to the deals signed in March by Buccaneers WR Chris Godwin and Los Angeles Chargers WR Mike Williams. Both contracts are for three years and average $20 million per season.
Per the Athletic.
Old 11-27-2022, 04:18 PM   #19353
pocketaces
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter
Here’s what one executive on a team linked to Odell Beckham Jr. said this weekend about a potential landing spot for the free-agent WR: “It sounds like it will be Dallas. If you’re in Vegas, your 2-1 favorite is the Cowboys and everyone else is 5- or 6-1.”
Get your popcorn ready.
Old 11-27-2022, 11:27 PM   #19354
Witten4hof

It will interesting what happens after this whole plane fiasco, with OBJ pulled off a plane because he was incoherently nodding off, then refused to exit. The spotlight is already on the Cowboys, I’d imagine the league is going to push for a less than random drug test on him if he gets signed.

I still wish we had Amari, he is tearing it up again today.
Old 11-29-2022, 04:16 PM   #19355
proof

https://twitter.com/toddarcher/statu...8wpU_lsPm6nEsA

Jerry doesnt care
Old 11-30-2022, 12:21 PM   #19356
pocketaces
Super Senior Member

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1597651609902895107

Huh...
Old 12-01-2022, 06:09 PM   #19357
D-Unit
Super Senior Member

CeeDee has been looking bigger and bigger throughout the season. Turning into a beast
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 03:01 AM   #19358
Jas
Super Senior Member

Hes done well since I said he sucked for dropping that wide open TD pass. Lol. That's it, he has to show up every week and be that guy. That's what we need from him.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 01:24 AM   #19359
proof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas View Post
Hes done well since I said he sucked for dropping that wide open TD pass. Lol. That's it, he has to show up every week and be that guy. That's what we need from him.
right. I was disgusted by him. the drop, the laugh, was really over him. then boom. playing incredibly
Old 12-04-2022, 10:01 PM   #19360
Jas
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by proof View Post
right. I was disgusted by him. the drop, the laugh, was really over him. then boom. playing incredibly
He went out and bought those magnetic gloves lol. He was like everyone else use them.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
100 iq or less thread, broken bones romo, d unit is poor, fuck dez bryant, jerrah is a racist, romo glass qb