Old 05-01-2021, 09:37 PM   #6481
Dr. Gonzo
Super Senior Member

Boston Legal was fun
Dr. Gonzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 01:11 PM   #6482
The Alex
Super Senior Member

Spoilers, the episode is a year old at this point. How spectacular was this cliffhanger? I got goosebumps the first few times I saw it.

The End. Cut to black. Audience goes fucking apeshit.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 01:12 AM   #6483
fenikz
LeBron James is a bitch

Can I count on Adam Brody to play the same character in Startup as Kid Detective?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 01:18 AM   #6484
Dan
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
Spoilers, the episode is a year old at this point. How spectacular was this cliffhanger? I got goosebumps the first few times I saw it.

The writing for that show is fucking incredible. It lead me to be super annoyed with Lalo, to thinking heís hilarious then to feeling symptaghy for him.

Also, the scene in which the cab driver confronts Jimmy is so well done, itís insanely simple but the directing made it so uncomfortable for the viewer.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 02:16 PM   #6485
Dr. Gonzo
Super Senior Member

I feel like a huge asshole for not being all in on Detroiters when it aired. It's so fucking funny. Anybody who likes I think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson needs to watch but in general I would highly recommend. I'm about midway done season 2 and sad I'll be finished soon with no more episodes to come.

New season of Dark Side of the Ring again captures my attention. The Brian Pillman episode wasn't amazing or anything but I still dug it, captured my attention. Some really good episodes from the sounds of it are coming up.
Old 05-17-2021, 12:20 AM   #6486
fenikz
LeBron James is a bitch

Season 2 of Love, Death + Robots was pretty meh, a couple good episodes but nothing special. CG Michael B Jordan looked very real but the story wasn't great

Old 05-17-2021, 02:09 AM   #6487
Fernando
LeBron James is a bitch

I finished watching S2 of The Wire and I guess I can see why people hate it. I didn’t think it was awful but that was a pretty unsatisfying finale.
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 02:16 AM   #6488
fenikz
LeBron James is a bitch

It's not bad at all and it ties the show together, The Wire is about Baltimore not a single gang or detective unit

Old 05-17-2021, 03:35 AM   #6489
OSUGiants
Super Senior Member

Am I the only one watching Mare of Easttown?? Cause god damn this show is good. Two episodes left and tonight’s was a banger. Really good HBO murder mystery mini-series. Those shows always have a high floor, but so far this one is really delivering and exceeding all my expectations
Old 05-17-2021, 03:56 AM   #6490
Brent
LeBron James is a bitch

Hacks is good. Mare sounds like Broadchurch.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 04:59 AM   #6491
Dr. Gonzo
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants View Post
Am I the only one watching Mare of Easttown?? Cause god damn this show is good. Two episodes left and tonightís was a banger. Really good HBO murder mystery mini-series. Those shows always have a high floor, but so far this one is really delivering and exceeding all my expectations
Late to the party but I watched the 1st episode of Mare of Easttown and I'm fully on board. Love Kate Winslet and I think the first episode does a really good job laying the groundwork for the rest of the season. Despite it being a bit tropy I did find the first episode very authentic, it felt like real ass problems. Look forward to catching up.

I finished Detroiters and am sad. I'm part of the goddamn problem. It took me this long to actually sit down and watch it all and fuck did I even miss out. What a show, I'll miss it.
Old 05-17-2021, 05:21 AM   #6492
Dr. Gonzo
Super Senior Member

I like Love, Death, and Robots. I do think the fact that there were twice as many episodes in season 1 really helped it. Season 2 felt too short but my god the animation was beautiful. It must have took a huge amount of time just to make the episodes they did. I don't think this season quite has the highs that season 1 had. Still enjoyable but ultimately I think forgettable.
Old 05-17-2021, 06:06 AM   #6493
towelie
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Late to the party but I watched the 1st episode of Mare of Easttown and I'm fully on board. Love Kate Winslet and I think the first episode does a really good job laying the groundwork for the rest of the season. Despite it being a bit tropy I did find the first episode very authentic, it felt like real ass problems. Look forward to catching up.

I finished Detroiters and am sad. I'm part of the goddamn problem. It took me this long to actually sit down and watch it all and fuck did I even miss out. What a show, I'll miss it.
Detroiters was mentioned here forever ago and got me into it. Richardson and Robinson have such great weird energy that work well together. I wanna rewatch it
towelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 02:26 AM   #6494
Fernando
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Am I the only one watching Mare of Easttown?? Cause god damn this show is good. Two episodes left and tonightís was a banger. Really good HBO murder mystery mini-series. Those shows always have a high floor, but so far this one is really delivering and exceeding all my expectations
Spoiler!
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 08:43 AM   #6495
Caddy
Super Senior Member

Quote:
I've been watching it too. It's one of the better shows on TV at the moment for sure.
Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 03:40 PM   #6496
Forenci
Super Senior Member

Quote:
I like Love, Death, and Robots. I do think the fact that there were twice as many episodes in season 1 really helped it. Season 2 felt too short but my god the animation was beautiful. It must have took a huge amount of time just to make the episodes they did. I don't think this season quite has the highs that season 1 had. Still enjoyable but ultimately I think forgettable.
I feel like this is the case with a lot of shows these days, though. It seems like the 8 episode format is pretty much the norm for anything digital-only these days. Just seems like it's barely enough to get into the series or develop characters with that few episodes.

Here's 8 great episodes...now you need to wait another year for more.

On the plus side, it's probably led to a lot more series that would have otherwise never seen the light of day and more notable actors getting involved in them because it's not nearly as big a comittiment as a 20 episode a year series.
Forenci is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 03:59 PM   #6497
Dr. Gonzo
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I've been watching it too. It's one of the better shows on TV at the moment for sure.
Watched episode 2 last night and could not agree more. Really enjoying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I feel like this is the case with a lot of shows these days, though. It seems like the 8 episode format is pretty much the norm for anything digital-only these days. Just seems like it's barely enough to get into the series or develop characters with that few episodes.

Here's 8 great episodes...now you need to wait another year for more.

On the plus side, it's probably led to a lot more series that would have otherwise never seen the light of day and more notable actors getting involved in them because it's not nearly as big a comittiment as a 20 episode a year series.
I thought we'd landed in a good spot with 12/13 episodes becoming the norm but tbh I won't be surprised if 6 becomes the norm before too long.
Old 05-18-2021, 04:15 PM   #6498
Forenci
Super Senior Member

Quote:
I thought we'd landed in a good spot with 12/13 episodes becoming the norm but tbh I won't be surprised if 6 becomes the norm before too long.
I hope not. Falcon and the Winter Soldier being 6 episodes was SUPER unsatisfying. Really killed what I think could have been a good series with a few more episodes.
Forenci is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 04:23 PM   #6499
fenikz
LeBron James is a bitch

Still wish they wouldn't have removed all the pandemic stuff, but then the show probably gets trounced with anti-mask people and the real Captain America message gets lost

Surprised I didn't hear a lot about Disney being too preachy or anything anyways

Old 05-19-2021, 05:45 AM   #6500
towelie
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Hacks is good. Mare sounds like Broadchurch.
Feels like Broadchurch after 2 episodes. It's a good formula.
towelie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigbangtheory, catfish, hannibalsucksbrodie, peakyfookinblinders, readabooklosers, sic mundus creatus est, watch barry