For The Sports  

Go Back   For The Sports > General Discussion

Old 04-26-2019, 06:16 AM   #1
Jvig43
LeBron James is a bitch

Default Avengers End game spoilers

You bitches reading this now know thanos and stark die, time magic fuckery that makes no sense, and an amazing final battle with the entire MCU. Good stuff.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 06:27 AM   #2
JRTPlaya21

Absolutely loved it. Can't wait to see how the next phase plays out after these events. And cool seeing the kid from IM3 at the funeral.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 11:22 AM   #3
Grizzlegom
Headmaster

Cap wielding Mjolnir and his shield >>>>>>>>>
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 12:33 PM   #4
General Zod
Super Senior Member

Gotta admit, the opening sequence to the main battle where Dr. Strange is opening all the portals and we see everyone back from the snap, well I got some chills from that. lol
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 12:42 PM   #5
scottyboy
Super Senior Member

They did the whole time travel thing really well, IMO. Way less cheesy than I thought it would/could be. Every scene after they got back was simply phenomenal. Korg getting called a dickhead by noobmaster69 on fortnite almost made me pee myself.

I think they did an excellent job of giving the send offs the way they did. Overall, I very very very much enjoyed it, especially when reflecting on it
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 01:04 PM   #6
Grizzlegom
Headmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Gotta admit, the opening sequence to the main battle where Dr. Strange is opening all the portals and we see everyone back from the snap, well I got some chills from that. lol
Between "On your left" "Avengers assemble" and then "I am Iron Man" the callback game was strong (there was much more than just those but those three gave all the chills).
Old 04-26-2019, 01:08 PM   #7
nepg
LeBron James is a bitch

Korg is the best character.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 01:10 PM   #8
Grizzlegom
Headmaster

Something else I was thinking about, the Loki from the time travel timeline that escaped with the Tesseract gives them the chance to say Loki is no longer dead and he can show up again. This pleases me.
Old 04-26-2019, 02:07 PM   #9
The Alex
Super Senior Member

It was a pretty good movie but I don't understand why Thor used the Time Stone to witness 9/11 over and over again. It felt really out of place.

The End. Cut to black. Audience goes fucking apeshit.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 02:23 PM   #10
The Alex
Super Senior Member

Armond White's commitment to fucking with people is legendary.

Quote:
Adults no longer outgrow comic books. Hollywood prefers that they hang on to the adolescent illusion of carefree, escapist pleasure by pretending that the form’s juvenile cynicism is a sign of sophistication — replacing the traditional sources of imaginative thinking. The cultural monopoly represented by the Marvel Cinematic Universe in its latest release, Avengers: Endgame, depends on geeked-up viewers telling themselves that they are having a major cultural experience.
Quote:
Infinity Wars triggered faux-tragic fascination. Less urgent than Han Solo’s carbon freeze in The Empire Strikes Back, it was more like the “Who Killed J. R.?” narrative cheat on the TV series Dallas. However, been-there-done-that doesn’t matter to the Star Wars–Lord of the Rings generation still caught up in toddler enthusiasm: “Do it again, Daddy!”
Quote:
Infantilization is the MCU game plan. A serious publication is obligated to point out similarity to the free-college, no-student-loans, socialized-medicine political promises that stoke immaturity. Also note how Endgame secularizes religious allegories. The end-times premise is hollow, just an excuse for the usual sci-fi, CGI destruction. Even Thor’s junked-up Norse myth and Black Panther’s purely cosmetic Afrocentricity join the trend of ignoring spiritual faith and trivializing national heritage.
Quote:
The directors Anthony and Joe Russo do routine CGI action, but they don’t know how to supply meaning to any of the goings-on, and that’s the major difference between MCU and the D.C. Comics Universe, which advanced from Christopher Nolan’s nihilism to Zack Snyder’s visual richness and emotional depth. Snyder’s Watchmen was the first comic-book movie to deal with mature themes and play out a credible moral dilemma. Going deeper with Man of Steel and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Snyder’s art angered the kiddies. MCU fans don’t know what great filmmaking is. They defer to their post–Star Wars indoctrination. The Russo brothers’ big battle isn’t a climactic summation, just a clash of CGI dots like the indecipherable, interminable Lord of the Rings skirmishes. And the sentimental, nostalgic farewell to two beloved Avengers is hokey. Snyder rescued comic-book movies from nihilism and juvenilia, making modern myths worthy of adult spirituality and politics. Avengers: Endgame takes place in a violent kindergarten.
https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...d-adolescents/

Old 04-26-2019, 02:33 PM   #11
nepg
LeBron James is a bitch

Dude's an idiot.
Old 04-26-2019, 02:39 PM   #12
The Alex
Super Senior Member

This man is so woke ya'll don't even know such enlightenment even exists.

Old 04-26-2019, 03:54 PM   #13
nepg
LeBron James is a bitch

Sounds like a DC fanboi who is butthurt Marvel has a cohesive movie universe and DC has Zach Snyder's cinematic diarrhea.

Last edited by nepg; 04-26-2019 at 03:56 PM.
Old 04-26-2019, 05:35 PM   #14
Jvig43
LeBron James is a bitch

Calling anything SNyder has done emotional richness should be the standard of revoking your film criticism license.
Old 04-27-2019, 02:19 AM   #15
Zak
LeBron James is a bitch

Just got back from End Game and I loved it. Very satisfying. Only one problem i have is Gamora can come back but Black Widow can't? Otherwise they did a phenomenal job to end this and most people should be happy.
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 02:23 AM   #16
Grizzlegom
Headmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak View Post
Just got back from End Game and I loved it. Very satisfying. Only one problem i have is Gamora can come back but Black Widow can't? Otherwise they did a phenomenal job to end this and most people should be happy.
It's not the same Gamora.
Old 04-27-2019, 02:33 AM   #17
Zak
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
It's not the same Gamora.
Well yeah it is in that sense. Why couldn't Cap get a "different" Nat when he went back to deliver the stones?
Old 04-28-2019, 02:45 PM   #18
General Zod
Super Senior Member

Am I being prisoner of the moment when I say that the "on your left" sequence is the biggest "fuck yeah" moment in MCU? lol

Oh and I know it was also a bit cheesy "over the top", but Cap first using Mjolnir was pretty badass.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 04:05 PM   #19
Jvig43
LeBron James is a bitch

Nah not cheesy or over the top that was just awesome.
Old 04-28-2019, 04:07 PM   #20
Zak
LeBron James is a bitch

No they were both fucking amazing!

Tags
capeshit