Go Back   For The Sports > General Discussion

Old 04-28-2019, 07:14 PM   #21
JRTPlaya21

Better the second time around!
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 10:23 PM   #22
scottyboy
Super Senior Member

I thought Bucky should’ve been the first one to come out after “on your left” but that’s about it.

I need to see it again
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 10:56 PM   #23
nepg
LeBron James is a bitch

So the random teenager at the funeral is Harley Keener from Iron Man 3.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 11:13 PM   #24
Brent
LeBron James is a bitch

I have so many questions about the world when all those people come back. Like, how are they suddenly going to feed 3.5 billion people?
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 11:16 PM   #25
Brent
LeBron James is a bitch

Also, did Steve Rogers warn the US about 9/11? Iran-Contra? MLK or JFK assassinations?

So selfish
Old 04-28-2019, 11:35 PM   #26
Zak
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
So the random teenager at the funeral is Harley Keener from Iron Man 3.
Correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Also, did Steve Rogers warn the US about 9/11? Iran-Contra? MLK or JFK assassinations?

So selfish
OK The Alex.
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 12:40 AM   #27
Brent
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak View Post
OK The Alex.
Also, what happens with people coming back and their loved ones might have moved on and possibly remarried? And some of Peter's classmates definitely are five years older now
Old 04-29-2019, 01:59 AM   #28
Dragon
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Just got back from End Game and I loved it. Very satisfying. Only one problem i have is Gamora can come back but Black Widow can't? Otherwise they did a phenomenal job to end this and most people should be happy.

At the end, they never shoe Gamora dusting, but I dont recall seeing her again accept for Quill on the ship with her photo of her that says "searching." I believe that all the troops Thanos brpught forward in time dusted, which would include Gamora.

My biggest criticism would be the total fail of the unnecessary girl power moment. All the female heroes stepping up to save the day and take the gauntlet to the van. And then they fail and Iron Man saves the day instead.

Last edited by Dragon; 04-29-2019 at 02:10 AM.
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 02:49 AM   #29
Zak
LeBron James is a bitch

The girl power thing was great. I knew people would knock that as soon as it happened. One of the best parts of the movie to me.
Old 04-29-2019, 03:05 AM   #30
Dragon
Super Senior Member

Quote:
The girl power thing was great. I knew people would knock that as soon as it happened. One of the best parts of the movie to me.
Would have been fine, had they actually succeeded. Instead it turned into a man coming in to to sve the day after the girls failed. Small annoyance, but even the wife hated that part and she loves Captain Marvel.
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 03:05 AM   #31
Brent
LeBron James is a bitch

that's cause bitches get shit done, usually
Old 04-29-2019, 03:08 AM   #32
Jughead
LeBron James is a bitch

Would't Cap staying in the past screw up the timeline. Because at some point they would have thawed him from ice and there would have been two of him in the same timeline.
Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 03:09 AM   #33
Jughead
LeBron James is a bitch

I thought the girl thing was poorly done too. They just threw it in there just to do it. It would have been better if it was just Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch fucking shit up.
Old 04-29-2019, 03:10 AM   #34
Zak
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
Would have been fine, had they actually succeeded. Instead it turned into a man coming in to to sve the day after the girls failed. Small annoyance, but even the wife hated that part and she loves Captain Marvel.
Who cares who saved the day? To me that tells us more it wasn't totally a sign of the times but just something that the girls who enjoy the movies also can put on their walls. That shit was bad ass.
Old 04-29-2019, 03:10 AM   #35
Brent
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
Would't Cap staying in the past screw up the timeline. Because at some point they would have thawed him from ice and there would have been two of him in the same timeline.
there are a lot of logical issues with him staying in the past
Old 04-29-2019, 03:12 AM   #36
Zak
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
You just have to look at it as everything is an alternate timeline. Doing time travel is impossible and won't make sense and that is the only problem but I'll overlook it. Maybe they want to make a movie of Cap returning all the stones one day and how that went down to explain it better?
Old 04-29-2019, 03:22 AM   #37
nepg
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
There would have been two of him in that timeline, but the Cap who went back would have just gone back as Steve Rogers to live his own life. And he would have been old AF by the time the second one of him thawed out.
Old 04-29-2019, 03:32 AM   #38
Jughead
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
There would have been two of him in that timeline, but the Cap who went back would have just gone back as Steve Rogers to live his own life. And he would have been old AF by the time the second one of him thawed out.
Then if old Cap made it back to the main timeline wouldn't frozen Cap also? I know I'm thinking too much about it. That scene just didn't make sense to me. He should have just handed the shield to Falcon before he went back.
Old 04-29-2019, 03:41 AM   #39
nepg
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Then if old Cap made it back to the main timeline wouldn't frozen Cap also? I know I'm thinking too much about it. That scene just didn't make sense to me. He should have just handed the shield to Falcon before he went back.
No. He would have come back to this timeline as Old Steve. They stuck him on the bench instead of having him teleport back in his suit to avoid the comedic effect that would have created.

He still may have needed his shield to get the stones back. Some of the places he had to take them were dangerous af.
Old 04-29-2019, 05:08 AM   #40
The_Dude

Endgame was incredible. Lebowski Thor was my favorite with Cap/Mjolnir a close second. That battle was fantastic. I have a couple of small gripes, but they did such a great job connecting back to so many of the MCU movies. I will definitely see it again in the theaters.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
capeshit