For The Sports  

Go Back   For The Sports > Sports Discussion > Individual Team Threads

Old 09-13-2021, 11:41 AM   #10481
scottyboy
Super Senior Member

I agree, there were some positives to take from it, but it showed our biggest weaknesses:

- Lack of a playmaking pass rusher

- Consistency at QB

- Not much in the ground game
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 09:14 PM   #10482
Forenci
Super Senior Member

I agree, but I think at least some of those ailments could be cured. I think Malaka or Mel mentioned it, but stop using Barkley like he's a power back. He's much more like Christian McCaffrey but doesn't get used like him in the slightest. Let him run outside, toss him screens and swing passes, and let him get some bubble passed in the slot.

I'm hopefully Ojulari may develop and become that playmaking pass rusher. I saw a couple of moments where he looked real solid.
Forenci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 09:31 PM   #10483
Jughead
LeBron James is a bitch

I think we also surprisingly pass blocked much better than run blocked yesterday. Would have assumed the reverse.
Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 09:59 PM   #10484
Forenci
Super Senior Member

Same. I thought Thomas looked quite good.
Old 09-15-2021, 06:17 PM   #10485
OSUGiants
Super Senior Member

Yea Thomas looked solid. Hopefully he can be a great blindside protector for whoever takes over for Jones next year
Old 09-15-2021, 07:02 PM   #10486
Zak
LeBron James is a bitch

Lameiux and Engram out tomorrow. Guess Brederson will play LG. Hernandez is trash he needs to leave. Can Price play RG? Just put him and Peart on that side. They're going to dominate the right tomorrow.
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 08:37 PM   #10487
BaLLiN
Super Senior Member

Broncos have a top 10 roster. I wouldn't sound the alarms taking an L from them. Promising OL play, Defense had a bad outing and inexplicably Peppers played 50% snaps so maybe we make right on that side over time but Garrett has to go I agree. Kitchens can take over.
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 06:26 PM   #10488
Damix
Dictator

Gates at G, Price at C tonight
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 06:35 PM   #10489
Zak
LeBron James is a bitch

Move the one OL who is actually performing well!!
Old 09-16-2021, 10:02 PM   #10490
Mel Pipeher
Super Senior Member

I mean I get it. Price was a beast as a college center, hasn't really had that opportunity in the pros. Gates might be a better Guard than Center. Don't know until you try. If it doesn't work move him back and put Bredeson back in at G. Not really the ideal time to be doing it but we gotta find the best 5.
Mel Pipeher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 10:09 PM   #10491
Forenci
Super Senior Member

Honestly, the all played pretty solid last week. The weak links I'd say were Solder and DEFINITELY Hernandez.
Old 09-18-2021, 11:11 PM   #10492
Forenci
Super Senior Member

Sad game, Thursday...

Positives:

- Offensive line held up pretty well overall against arguably one of the best front sevens in the league. Thomas looks much improved pass blocking. Run blocking is a little concerning.
- Jones looked good running the ball. I do agree with...OSU or Malaka during the game day thread though, his accuracy seemed sort of off on a lot of throws he was completing.
- Azeez gets another sack. Could be the rusher we need if keeps developing.
- Shep is such a beast. Hope he retires as a Giant and stays injury free. He's a warrior.

Negatives:

- Bradberry got roasted by McLaurin. That's troubling but we'll just say it was a bad matchup for now.
- The whole defense in general got torched.
- Can we stop pretending like Blake Martinez was a great signing by Gettleman? Yes, he's a good run stopper, but I counted numerous times where he got roasted in coverage in the middle. He's grossly overpaid for what he offers the defense.
-
Old 09-21-2021, 02:16 PM   #10493
Damix
Dictator

Golladay already mad at Garrett
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:35 AM   #10494
scottyboy
Super Senior Member

he can get in line behind every Giants fan. We need to not do the dinosaur re-tread shit ala DG and Garrett. It's old. Get a young innovative mind in there. Get Garrett tf out. Graham needs to not play so soft and conservative on D. Do SOMETHING
Old Yesterday, 12:38 PM   #10495
Zak
LeBron James is a bitch

They're missing DT and Hill up front. There is no push up there. Only 2 games but now that LW paid he's going to go back to the overrated player he has been most of his career. With no push Graham thinks he needs to play his 2 man CBs 10 yards off. What a disaster.
Old Yesterday, 01:54 PM   #10496
scottyboy
Super Senior Member

there's no energy out there. no spark. just so blah. Maybe Kenny going after Garrett will light a little fire somewhere
Old Yesterday, 02:10 PM   #10497
Malaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
there's no energy out there. no spark. just so blah. Maybe Kenny going after Garrett will light a little fire somewhere
Garrett after years and years of being on the hot seat as the Cowboys' HC and now being thrown back under fire as the Giants' OC:

I don't he is going to adapt any time soon.
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:50 PM   #10498
OSUGiants
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak View Post
They're missing DT and Hill up front. There is no push up there. Only 2 games but now that LW paid he's going to go back to the overrated player he has been most of his career. With no push Graham thinks he needs to play his 2 man CBs 10 yards off. What a disaster.
He’s definitely missing having Tomlinson next to him but Leo didn’t look like no fucks given Jets Leo at all so far. He’s fine
Old Yesterday, 04:55 PM   #10499
Mel Pipeher
Super Senior Member

The play calling was better vs Washington because the RPOs got the defense off balance but I agree with Scotty. No more Dino's man. We need that innovative shit other offenses are running. I'm glad Kenny went off on JG and I'm not usually an advocate for that sideline drama but it was needed. Defenses are jumping the routes because we're only running curls and hooks. A bigger receiver like KG doesn't stand a chance at a predictable route when his QB isn't consistently accurate enough to get him the ball in the correct place. Imagine running 60 curls a game expecting a different result.

I was pleased with the Oline all things considered. Dimes played a good game. His accuracy was still inconsistent but that's okay if teams have to start respecting his legs. That'll help open windows for him.

As for the Defense, this soft-ass coverage isn't giving our pass rush a chance. We don't miss DT or Hill because they didn't provide shit for the pass rush. We need to get in the faces of the WRs and jam them at the line. Disrupt the routes and timing. We're allowing a free release when we're playing QBs who don't have the arm strength to truly challenge us deep. That makes zero sense. Both offenses we played are geared to take what we give them. They take 2 seconds to drop back and throw short accurate passes. Maybe that's okay when you have a red zone defense like the Patriots had all them years but we do not have that defense yet. And I'm not saying press every play but mix it up to give these QBs different looks. Jamming and changing the coverages will help give our pass rush another second or two. Then we can start being creative again with the rush.

I know they like Johnson but where he has failed to replace DT is defending the run. He's not a two-gapper and he isn't keeping our inside backers clean. They gave him a chance but time to turn it over to Shelton.
Mel Pipeher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:59 PM   #10500
Zak
LeBron James is a bitch

DT wasn't asked to rush the passer but he engaged and ate up blockers freeing LW to pass rush more often. BJ hill 2 sacks with the Bengals so far but again we didn't utilize him the same.

All in all I agree though that we need to jam and play man but Graham is playing soft as shit zone for a reason in his opinion.

Tags
3li, everyone hates sham, not odell