For The Sports  

Go Back   For The Sports > General Discussion

Old 05-29-2021, 07:03 PM   #3641
Forenci
Super Senior Member

What the hell is going on with console exclusives this generation? These consoles have been released for a while now, and there still seems to be no major exclusives for Sony or Xbox. Really seems like there's no reason to buy a console, except maybe the Switch, especially when Playstation and Xbox exclusives are going to PC too.
Forenci is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 07:10 PM   #3642
Dr. Gonzo
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I highly recommend getting the Pulse headset before getting Returnal. The 3D audio is top notch and the combo of the sound and controller together is fantastic.
Well shit the pulse headset was what was added to my cart I guess as part of a bundle that I wanted to return because it was 130 bucks. That said I did some reading after I received it and I'm intrigued. I think maybe I will keep it! I'd buy Returnal but I decided to by some GME shares as well lol. I did just buy It Takes Two tho because I want to play with my fiancee.
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 07:13 PM   #3643
Dr. Gonzo
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
What the hell is going on with console exclusives this generation? These consoles have been released for a while now, and there still seems to be no major exclusives for Sony or Xbox. Really seems like there's no reason to buy a console, except maybe the Switch, especially when Playstation and Xbox exclusives are going to PC too.
It's kind of why I was ok waiting. I did read that issue with supply might last through the year so I figured fuck it, might as well get one now.

Horizon and God of War are later this year and I'm sure both will be incredible. The biggest issue will be that they are being released on PS4 as well. Until these games are exclusive to next gen they won't be as good as they could be.
Old 05-29-2021, 08:56 PM   #3644
fenikz
LeBron James is a bitch

But seriously play Control, it will make you wish it was a mopping sim the floor reflections looks so good

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 09:00 PM   #3645
Dr. Gonzo
Super Senior Member

I did start Control today and you are correct, it looks beautiful. My kid and I were having fun playing Wreckfest this morning, I think it was a free game a couple months ago. Also been playing the Chivalry 2 beta which is a whole lot of fun.
Old 05-30-2021, 12:54 AM   #3646
Dr. Gonzo
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niel89 View Post
Astros playroom is such a perfect little game to bundle in. It's fun and is a perfect tech demo to show off everything the controller can do. It's Nintendo like. It's also such a treat to go down memory lane with the little PlayStation hardware rewards. It just struck a perfect balance of everything for me.
Completely agree. It was a really well done celebration of playstation while also doing a good job showing off what the controller can do
Old 05-30-2021, 01:40 AM   #3647
dg151
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
But seriously play Control, it will make you wish it was a mopping sim the floor reflections looks so good
Ahti >>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
Please don't berate me for being insanely right, all the time.
dg151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 08:31 PM   #3648
nepg
LeBron James is a bitch

Man. Epic Store has made me completely gunshy about buying any games anymore. Almost bought Frostpunk like 10 times in the last few months, now they give it away for free.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 08:16 PM   #3649
Splat

I finished the whole Mass Effect remastered trilogy. I really enjoyed diving back into it after all these years. The ending of 3 still isn't great but as a whole still probably my favorite gaming trilogy.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 09:26 PM   #3650
fenikz
LeBron James is a bitch

I downloaded 1 and finished the first mission, need to jump back into it, honestly doesn't look as bad as I thought it would

Old 06-06-2021, 09:27 PM   #3651
nepg
LeBron James is a bitch

I just hate how the gameplay gets worse with each iteration as it turns more and more into an action shooter than an RPG.
Old 06-06-2021, 09:50 PM   #3652
fenikz
LeBron James is a bitch

Epic mega sale again, $10 off anything over $15

Old 06-08-2021, 06:20 PM   #3653
Dr. Gonzo
Super Senior Member

I'm tempted to buy Ratchet and Clank because it looks so good but I kind of feel if Im willing to buy Ratchet and Clank I should just get Returnal. Im too cheap
Old 06-10-2021, 03:03 PM   #3654
nepg
LeBron James is a bitch

Oh, another one I almost dropped $30+ on is free. Control. Never pay for PC games, I suppose.
Old 06-10-2021, 03:14 PM   #3655
fenikz
LeBron James is a bitch

Really fun and unique game

Old 06-10-2021, 08:12 PM   #3656
Splat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I'm tempted to buy Ratchet and Clank because it looks so good but I kind of feel if Im willing to buy Ratchet and Clank I should just get Returnal. Im too cheap
I love Returnal but R&C is the safer purchase. Returnal is a love it or hate it kinda of game. It's a brutal hard game.
Old 06-10-2021, 08:18 PM   #3657
Forenci
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Oh, another one I almost dropped $30+ on is free. Control. Never pay for PC games, I suppose.
To be fair, Control is like two years old though. I usually always wait for a good sale before buying a game because they tend to go on sale fast on PC with so many stores and regular sales, so I generally don't feel bad if a couple years later it's free on Epic Game Store. They've had some solid free games, but also a lot of clunkers too.

With all the subscription pass type services though, I rarely ever pay more than $15 for a game. That and a lot of the really good games are smaller, indie games that don't charge insane amounts of money to buy.

I just got Going Medieval (hit new indie game) for $12 on Epic Game Store though with a $10 off coupon and it being 10% off. Pretty crazy for a game that released June 1st.
Old 06-11-2021, 11:09 PM   #3658
Splat

Ratchet and Clank is absolutely beautiful. Like holy shit the ray tracing is insane.
Old 06-12-2021, 05:14 PM   #3659
Splat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Ratchet and Clank is absolutely beautiful. Like holy shit the ray tracing is insane.
It let's you skip puzzles if you want. That alone makes it my GOTY.
Old 06-13-2021, 07:48 PM   #3660
Forenci
Super Senior Member

Microsoft stealing E3 so far. Everyone else has been pretty meh.