For The Sports  

Go Back   For The Sports > General Discussion

Old 02-05-2021, 01:46 PM   #321
towelie
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
I did a 40 hour fast from Monday into yesterday evening, and after a good 8 hours of sleep I feel like I have achieved a new level of mental clarity and natural energy. I recommend it to all of my loyal followers.
Someone I know did a 48 hr fast and I love the idea of it and it's been in my head that I need to do something similar soon.

Entenmanns has new single serving pound cakes that I've been shoving in my mouth and Rue's episode had me in shameful tears because addiction is tough.

Why couldn't you last 8 more hours though? Were you aiming for 40 hrs and then the bag of dicks arrived from ubereats and you couldn't resist any longer?
towelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 02:02 PM   #322
Woot
Super Senior Member

I've started going back into boxing, bought myself a punching bag and all that stuff. It's the best thing, best workout in a goddamn while.
Woot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 02:32 PM   #323
towelie
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woot View Post
I've started going back into boxing, bought myself a punching bag and all that stuff. It's the best thing, best workout in a goddamn while.
Did you get a hanging one or a freestanding one? I want a hanging one but I don't know where I'd put it.
Old 02-05-2021, 06:00 PM   #324
WMD
Super Senior Member

Send a message via AIM to WMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by towelie View Post
Someone I know did a 48 hr fast and I love the idea of it and it's been in my head that I need to do something similar soon.

Entenmanns has new single serving pound cakes that I've been shoving in my mouth and Rue's episode had me in shameful tears because addiction is tough.

Why couldn't you last 8 more hours though? Were you aiming for 40 hrs and then the bag of dicks arrived from ubereats and you couldn't resist any longer?
I figured 40 was a good round number. 8 more hours would have took me to 4AM and everything would have been wacky. Don't eat dicks after 4AM, especially after not having any for 2 days. Past few weeks I've been doing 20/4 intermittent fasting, it's easier than it sounds.
Old 02-05-2021, 06:43 PM   #325
towelie
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Don't eat dicks after 4AM
words to live by, but it's difficult when i'm craving a protein shot
Old 02-05-2021, 07:36 PM   #326
Dragon
Super Senior Member

At first I thought you guys were talking about Dick's drive in, an actual burger place around here. We always say "let's go eat a bag of dicks" when we're going there.
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 07:51 PM   #327
yfs

Quote:
I figured 40 was a good round number. 8 more hours would have took me to 4AM and everything would have been wacky. Don't eat dicks after 4AM, especially after not having any for 2 days. Past few weeks I've been doing 20/4 intermittent fasting, it's easier than it sounds.
that mental clarity feeling is the best. happens on keto too. i just cant do keto anymore tho, i simply dont like restricting myself from that many foods, which is ironic bc itís such a big industry now. i used to grind up pork rinds myself for my own deep-fried breading and now you can just buy that shit off amazon.

i like big meals and never was really a breakfast eater so IF works great for me. one of these days iíll stick it out for a 40 hour fast.
Old 02-05-2021, 08:09 PM   #328
Brent
LeBron James is a bitch

I started doing a combo of calorie counting and only eating two meals a day, and I've managed to drop 10 lbs since labor day.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 11:22 PM   #329
Rob S
LeBron James is a bitch

Pressed overhead for the first time in forever this morning. It went well in terms of the weight I was moving and my form. Holy fuck though, I forgot how taxing it is on your lower back. I am struggling right now.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 11:29 PM   #330
nepg
LeBron James is a bitch

I hate ohp so much, but I've never fucked up my back doing it.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 11:33 PM   #331
Rob S
LeBron James is a bitch

I love it, actually. It has always been my favorite lift of the big 4, but it def doesn’t agree with everyone’s shoulders.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
why work out?, you dont play sports