For The Sports  

Go Back   For The Sports > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2022, 10:49 PM   #7601
Brodie
we are family
 
Brodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 33,318
Default

Hannibal is a prequel
__________________
Brodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 11:10 PM   #7602
The Alex
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The DMV
Posts: 8,108
Default

Hannibal is a reboot.
__________________


The End. Cut to black. Audience goes fucking apeshit.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 12:36 AM   #7603
Niel89
Super Senior Member
 
Niel89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Life is bullshit, Miroki
Posts: 6,685
Default

Hannibal is a cannibal.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
towelie i hope you get aids
Niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 02:37 AM   #7604
Dr. Gonzo
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 9,888
Default

Bill Hader is fucking talented
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 03:04 AM   #7605
Zak
LeBron James is a bitch
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Jersey
Posts: 19,770
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Bill Hader is fucking talented
Thanks for telling us something we all knew years ago
Zak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 03:22 AM   #7606
OSUGiants
LeBron James is a bitch
 
OSUGiants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: looting damix’s house
Posts: 10,052
Default

How does this show just keep getting better. Barry legit might be a top 5 show of all time for me, for sure top 10. Just incredible stuff every episode. They get more done in a ~30 minute episode than a lot of hour long shows do. Can’t wait to see where we go for the final season.

Also I’m gonna need Bill Hader to make a movie soon cause he’s legit one of my favorite directors right now. Always loved him and Danny McBride but the turns their career’s have taken in recent years have been such a pleasant surprise.
__________________
OSUGiants is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 03:43 AM   #7607
Brodie
we are family
 
Brodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 33,318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants View Post
How does this show just keep getting better. Barry legit might be a top 5 show of all time for me, for sure top 10. Just incredible stuff every episode. They get more done in a ~30 minute episode than a lot of hour long shows do. Can’t wait to see where we go for the final season.

Also I’m gonna need Bill Hader to make a movie soon cause he’s legit one of my favorite directors right now. Always loved him and Danny McBride but the turns their career’s have taken in recent years have been such a pleasant surprise.
This is called the Hot Rod boost
__________________
Brodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 05:04 AM   #7608
nepg
we are family
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 28,331
Default

Hot Rod is 15 years old. Fuck.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 05:20 AM   #7609
Brodie
we are family
 
Brodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 33,318
Default

Andy hasn't given us a great HBO show like Danny/Bill but he did do Popstar, so you have to consider some things. Brooklyn 99 was also solid before it fell into the same trap every single Schur show falls into
__________________
Brodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 12:48 AM   #7610
nepg
we are family
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 28,331
Default

Finally got to the Barry finale. Great shit.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 02:34 AM   #7611
OSUGiants
LeBron James is a bitch
 
OSUGiants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: looting damix’s house
Posts: 10,052
Default

I am once again recommending that people watch The Baby on HBO. It aired right after Barry and it was a really well done horror/comedy. The score was suburb and super unsettling, and the story was a great blend of absurd comedy, legit scares, and satirical social commentary. Just a really well done show that I haven’t seen anyone talk about
__________________
OSUGiants is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 05:14 PM   #7612
scottyboy
LeBron James is a bitch
 
scottyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Stalking Brian Leonard
Posts: 10,875
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
Andy hasn't given us a great HBO show like Danny/Bill but he did do Popstar, so you have to consider some things. Brooklyn 99 was also solid before it fell into the same trap every single Schur show falls into
What do you mean by that last line? Genuinely curious
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 09:49 PM   #7613
vidae
Super Senior Member
 
vidae's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 4,301
Default

Don't ask him these things, he's just going to hate on greatness
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJayUNF View Post
Future generations will look back at this time where abortion is celebrated with disgust equal to that with which we look at slavery today.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 09:58 PM   #7614
Brodie
we are family
 
Brodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 33,318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants View Post
I am once again recommending that people watch The Baby on HBO. It aired right after Barry and it was a really well done horror/comedy. The score was suburb and super unsettling, and the story was a great blend of absurd comedy, legit scares, and satirical social commentary. Just a really well done show that I haven’t seen anyone talk about
I watched it all. It was fine, felt like it dragged at times but was effective enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
What do you mean by that last line? Genuinely curious
Everything from The Office to Parks and Rec to The Good Place to Brooklyn 99 became more about making you so happy with the characters being happy and less about actual comedy by the end. Every character has to be seen as good/friends with each other, their decisions infaliable, everything right, etc. It's super tedious to end shows constantly the same way (the exemption to this being Kelly and Ryan in The Office, bless those two only)

Just compare The Good Place's 1st season to the last season. Genuinely interesting with weird and flawed characters to "let's all be good to get into the abyss of heaven or whatever"
__________________

Last edited by Brodie; 06-15-2022 at 10:00 PM.
Brodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 10:16 PM   #7615
badger
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 5,923
Default

Brodie hating on happiness is so on brand
__________________
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 10:34 PM   #7616
Brodie
we are family
 
Brodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 33,318
Default

This also happened with Superstore to be clear. Just showing that the true kings of post Friends/Seinfeld NBC sitcoms are 30 Rock and Community.

Don't need any of your shit badger!
__________________
Brodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 12:01 AM   #7617
fenikz
we are family
 
fenikz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 33,240
Default

tbf I knew exactly where he was going before he said it and it's very true
__________________


fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 12:14 AM   #7618
Forenci
Super Senior Member
 
Forenci's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 7,005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
Everything from The Office to Parks and Rec to The Good Place to Brooklyn 99 became more about making you so happy with the characters being happy and less about actual comedy by the end. Every character has to be seen as good/friends with each other, their decisions infaliable, everything right, etc. It's super tedious to end shows constantly the same way (the exemption to this being Kelly and Ryan in The Office, bless those two only)

Just compare The Good Place's 1st season to the last season. Genuinely interesting with weird and flawed characters to "let's all be good to get into the abyss of heaven or whatever"
Eh, sometimes it's nice to watch have real character development over the course of the show. A lot of shows have none and the characters just all end up staying bastards or depressing.

I enjoy a show that builds toward a solid resolution. Not saying they shouldn't have flaws or there be no issues, but I don't mind. So much shit on TV feels mentally taxing because everyone is a prick, betraying each other, or everyone dies. It's fun to watch, but not everything needs to be like that.

And I know that's not exactly what you're saying, but a nice light hearted show is nice sometimes. Plus you hate everything.
Forenci is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 01:06 AM   #7619
Brodie
we are family
 
Brodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 33,318
Default

But the problem is that it's not REALLY development, it's just Schur writing them to be good now because they just are. Compare it to the first season fo Ted Lasso (don't like season 2) where Ted's earnest decency does play well for laughs but also is his own folly at times.
__________________
Brodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 01:09 AM   #7620
fenikz
we are family
 
fenikz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 33,240
Default

I was still waiting for the twist that he is addicted to cocaine or something and that's what makes his cookies so good
__________________


fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bigbangtheory, catfish, hannibalsucksbrodie, peakyfookinblinders, readabooklosers, sic mundus creatus est, watch barry

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.