For The Sports  

Go Back   For The Sports > Sports Discussion > Individual Team Threads

Old 05-01-2021, 04:59 PM   #1081
Lil Quip
Super Senior Member

I'm mum on Jones, but Barmore made the draft for me. Plus Perkins could be that late round sleeper pass rusher ala Flowers,

The Oklahoma RB seems not awe inspiring. Maybe a move to FB or fit him into the BGE style RB.
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 08:59 PM   #1082
nepg
LeBron James is a bitch

So I guess they plan on re-signing Wynn?
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 09:04 PM   #1083
Lil Quip
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
So I guess they plan on re-signing Wynn?
We only drafted him in 2018, we have this year plus the 5th year option.
Old 05-02-2021, 12:13 AM   #1084
Lil Quip
Super Senior Member

Pretty boring third day, but after the second day, I am very happy with the draft.

At this point, might as well buy into Mac Jones as the future, although I would be down with Newman as a UDFA and dump Stidham and let him get a second opportunity.

RB is a complete logjam. Damien Harris and James White are the only constants plus Stevenson gets a year. I never know why and we try to replace him, Bolden will stick because he does all the little things really well.

WR is still a pile of junk, new guy seems like a KR/developmental guy, but should make the roster because only Meyers/Gunner/Agholor will challenge for a roster spot.

TE interested in what we do with Asiassi/Keene. I would love to replace the Devlin H-back role with one of them or the FB's on the roster or even Stevenson.

OL seemed sets, so the new guy is PS material probably.

Front 7 got much better. Guy and the late round/udfa JAG's have done an admirable job buoying our DL, but it needed an upgrade. Now Guy doesn't have to shoulder so much of the load. Trading away two fourths was a lot to give away, but Barmore was worth the risk.

Judon is going to be our number one pass rush option. Now we have a bunch of options to rotate opposite of him. Perkins seems like a great option to add to it.

McGrone doesn't seem like he has an immediate place on the roster, but he apparently needs some grooming, which seems like a PS player.

Lastly the CB we drafted is being listed as a FS already. Sadly he is the kind of guy we would draft in the second. He is a sixth rounder, so no worries.

Plus Dylan Moses as an UDFA. I would add a couple of WR's as UDFA, plus whatever CB we sign is going to be great.

It may be boring, but I am ready for us bringing back the dink and dunk hardcore.

Last edited by Lil Quip; 05-02-2021 at 12:22 AM.
Old 05-02-2021, 01:01 AM   #1085
nepg
LeBron James is a bitch

RB was needed. Wanted a Carter or Gainwell to bring some immediate value to the offense, but Harris is the only RB they have for 2022 and that's his last year, too.

We have a crazy front 7 in front of the best secondary in the league, now. That power running O with Cam is going to be super frustrating for other teams to try to deal with when they have to turn around and try to move the ball against our defense.

Bledsoe reminds me of Harmon. Probably should have had a ton more interceptions than he had at Mizzou.

Sherman probably projects as a G in the NFL. Should have been more proactive with OL and WR in this draft. Jaelen Darden was just chilling the for eons and has an Antonio Brown coming out of CMU skillset.

At least Don finally got his Ole Miss WR? Really could have used high potential talent there. And maybe this guy has it? Meyers is still the clear #1 WR in this offense. Meyers, Agholor, Bourne, Gunner, Harry is ok with those TEs and the run game, I guess. Just not exciting at all.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 01:57 PM   #1086
Lil Quip
Super Senior Member

Anyone else finding the lack of UDFA signings disconcerting?

Tags
fuck the browns trade, fuck tom brady, jamie collins is the goat