For The Sports  

Go Back   For The Sports > General Discussion

Old 05-05-2021, 12:28 AM   #88781
Caddy
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by towelie View Post
the realtor and the attorney are for sure partnered somehow but i don't think their intentions are fully malicious. i think they see an opportunity since the homeowner got double rent.

i thought lawyers were just non-transparent by the nature of their profession, like dentists and doctors.
I think that you are right in saying that it's unlikely to be some sort of malicious attack from your real estate/lawyer. It's pretty easy to be pessimistic about things of this nature, but it's also possible that your agent is just good at their job.

Lawyers are certainly non-transparent about a lot of the ways they price work, so you're right to lump them in with the dentists/doctors. Where they differ is they'll usually give you some sort of estimate, including an hourly rate, and then balloon the fee out from there. What you're dealing with seems like a relatively straight forward process and whilst one hour might seem high for this kind of thing, it's not absurd in comparison to things I've seen in the past.
Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 01:09 AM   #88782
fenikz
LeBron James is a bitch

I'm learning lots of shit today

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 01:36 AM   #88783
njx9
Super Senior Member

Not to distract from towel's legal travails, but...

Fuck the BAA. We're going to cut the field size, and dick around with the requirements, to ensure quals are as fucked as completely possible, instead of taking the eminently fucking sensible step of requiring proof of vaccination for a race in fucking October that could still go with a normal field size. Dicks. And on the same day Oktoberfest cancels, so I can't even do that after Berlin, instead. Dicks, all around.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 01:49 AM   #88784
iowatreat
Super Senior Member

Idk what BAA is but I'd much rather go to Berlin 10 times than Munich/Oktoberfest. Berlin is a top tier city.
iowatreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 01:52 AM   #88785
fenikz
LeBron James is a bitch

bavarian alcoholics anonymous

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 02:22 AM   #88786
njx9
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat View Post
Idk what BAA is but I'd much rather go to Berlin 10 times than Munich/Oktoberfest. Berlin is a top tier city.
Boston Athletic Association - they run the Boston Marathon. And they're a bunch of pricks. I'm running Berlin, so I'll be there already. Will have to figure out what to do after, now. My buddy's in Madrid most of the time, so maybe that?
Old 05-05-2021, 02:41 AM   #88787
Damix
Dictator

Barcelona is a top tier city if you haven’t been
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 03:14 AM   #88788
Caddy
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Barcelona is a top tier city if you havenít been
Wholeheartedly agree with this. Great food/drink (just avoid the tourist trap paella places), great surroundings, and plenty to do.
Old 05-05-2021, 10:45 AM   #88789
iowatreat
Super Senior Member

A Spain trip is at the top of my list once travel is back to normal. Probably will do a Spain/France combo since I've never been to either and the wifey wants to go back to Paris bad.
Old 05-05-2021, 11:37 AM   #88790
Damix
Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
Boston Athletic Association - they run the Boston Marathon. And they're a bunch of pricks. I'm running Berlin, so I'll be there already. Will have to figure out what to do after, now. My buddy's in Madrid most of the time, so maybe that?
Posted the quick comment as I was falling asleep, but I actually enjoy Munich outside Oktoberfest as well (but can understand not going till you can actually Oktoberfest). Frankfurt is definitely a skip. I did really like Prague which won't be a bad train ride from Berlin (Id assume there is one, I took it from Munich).

Warsaw should be an absurdly cheap flight on LOT and was a ton of fun (though I did very little tourism type stuff).

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat View Post
A Spain trip is at the top of my list once travel is back to normal. Probably will do a Spain/France combo since I've never been to either and the wifey wants to go back to Paris bad.
Paris sucks balls, great to walk around but Parisians are dicks, and my French (at that time) was actually decent.
Old 05-05-2021, 11:55 AM   #88791
iowatreat
Super Senior Member

Yeah I have no real inclination to spend time there other than to check it off the list. I'd rather spend like a day there and find somewhere else to check out so we'll see.
Old 05-05-2021, 11:57 AM   #88792
iowatreat
Super Senior Member

And there is definitely direct trains between Prague-Berlin.

Prague is fun as hell but gets boring after 2 days. Everything is so insanely cheap, lots of different food options, and very walkable.
Old 05-05-2021, 12:05 PM   #88793
Rob S
LeBron James is a bitch

Budapest is better Prague.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 12:15 PM   #88794
Caddy
Super Senior Member

Budapest is indeed awesome.
Old 05-05-2021, 12:23 PM   #88795
njx9
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Posted the quick comment as I was falling asleep, but I actually enjoy Munich outside Oktoberfest as well (but can understand not going till you can actually Oktoberfest). Frankfurt is definitely a skip. I did really like Prague which won't be a bad train ride from Berlin (Id assume there is one, I took it from Munich).
Yeah, Munich's moderately tempting regardless. It's funny that I've never met anyone, including Germans, who thought Frankfurt was any fun at all.

Warsaw would normally be tempting, but I'd want to go tour some family history, and that feels like a bit of a downer right now.
Old 05-05-2021, 01:00 PM   #88796
Brent
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
Personally Iíd scorch the earth just to make a point.
if you mean with the landlord, then hell yes.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 01:05 PM   #88797
Prock
LeBron James is a bitch

The realtor probably has come across some scumbag landlords over the years who rip of tenants, so they teamed up with a lawyer to get themselves a slice of that pie. They probably know this landlord is a snake and are reaching out to people who have lived in those buildings in search of plaintiffs/free money. I'd follow up purely out of curiousity.
Prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 01:09 PM   #88798
Damix
Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
Yeah, Munich's moderately tempting regardless. It's funny that I've never met anyone, including Germans, who thought Frankfurt was any fun at all.

Warsaw would normally be tempting, but I'd want to go tour some family history, and that feels like a bit of a downer right now.
Frankfurt is really just super industrial.

If you want to join a cult, go to Walldorf, the whole town is owned.
Old 05-05-2021, 01:22 PM   #88799
Brent
LeBron James is a bitch

all this europe talk is making me ready to travel again

wife and I decided to do southern france & northern italy in '22
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 01:30 PM   #88800
Damix
Dictator

I need to find a gf that looks great in a thong to take to the Maldives