For The Sports  

Go Back   For The Sports > Sports Discussion

Old Yesterday, 08:03 PM   #54861
Brodie
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by towelie View Post
dude you really don't need my approval. you're smart, just not as smart as kyle
I swear you would be of more use to me if I skinned you and turned your skin into a lampshade, or fashioned you into a piece of high-end luggage. I could even add you to my collection.
Old Yesterday, 08:07 PM   #54862
Dr. Gonzo
Super Senior Member

Make sure you give him lots of lotion first
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:08 PM   #54863
Niel89
Super Senior Member

Location: This kid is a gamer -- He's a baller, he's a play maker and a shot caller.

?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
towelie i hope you get aids
Niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:42 PM   #54864
Fernando
LeBron James is a bitch

I don’t know why there was a point where people thought KD being active on Twitter was a bad thing. He’s absolutely roasting Scottie Pippen and it’s pretty great.
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:31 PM   #54865
nepg
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
I don’t know why there was a point where people thought KD being active on Twitter was a bad thing. He’s absolutely roasting Scottie Pippen and it’s pretty great.
You're forgetting his burner accounts.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:32 PM   #54866
nepg
LeBron James is a bitch

Nets trying to trade Kyrie. Are the Sixers suckers enough to make that Simmons swap?
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:43 AM   #54867
Rob S
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Nets trying to trade Kyrie. Are the Sixers suckers enough to make that Simmons swap?
1. The sixers win this in a land slide
2. Where are you even seeing kyrie trade rumors?
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:10 AM   #54868
comahan
Super Senior Member

I think the recency bias is getting to people a bit too much with Simmons, he was pathetic in that last series but dude is elite at every facet of basketball aside from one, he's basically Draymond Green with handles (and an unwillingness to shoot, which Dray doesnt have to his detriment), its just that people expect him to be a superstar. Also he's being played out of position.
Old Today, 01:11 AM   #54869
Rob S
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
I think the recency bias is getting to people a bit too much with Simmons, he was pathetic in that last series but dude is elite at every facet of basketball aside from one, he's basically Draymond Green, its just that people expect him to be a superstar. Also he's being played out of position.
I agree with the general point you are making. Kyrie is still a billion times more valuable in playoffs than Ben Simmons. For a team trying to win it all next year, the youth is basically meaningless.
Old Today, 01:17 AM   #54870
SP
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
1. The sixers win this in a land slide
2. Where are you even seeing kyrie trade rumors?
Idk Harden-Harris-KD-Simmons is a pretty nasty 4 man that has more than enough shooting/creation to make Simmons' only flaw kinda irrelevant.

Simmons in the Bruce Brown role except he's a 6'10 DPOY candidate seems like a positive. And Kyrie is never healthy + 5 years older.
Old Today, 01:17 AM   #54871
comahan
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I agree with the general point you are making. Kyrie is still a billion times more valuable in playoffs than Ben Simmons. For a team trying to win it all next year, the youth is basically meaningless.
I agree in a vacuum for sure, Kyrie is an elite bucket getter, but i... kind of love the fit of Ben as a 3rd option to Durant and Harden, just as far as skillsets go. Hes ideal to put next to Harden to guard elite perimeter players, can run the offense with Harden out, can play the 4 when Durant is out, can focus on his elite skillsets and not have to worry about scoring since hed play with the two best scorers of this generation. Idk i dont hate it at all. No idea if he'd be better or worse than Kyrie there, but I just think he's a good fit with KD/Harden.

Also Kyrie/Embiid would be a lot of fun.
Old Today, 02:13 AM   #54872
Brodie
LeBron James is a bitch

Embiid's knees probably have 3-5 years left, they gotta do everything they can.
Old Today, 02:24 AM   #54873
Rob S
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
I agree in a vacuum for sure, Kyrie is an elite bucket getter, but i... kind of love the fit of Ben as a 3rd option to Durant and Harden, just as far as skillsets go. Hes ideal to put next to Harden to guard elite perimeter players, can run the offense with Harden out, can play the 4 when Durant is out, can focus on his elite skillsets and not have to worry about scoring since hed play with the two best scorers of this generation. Idk i dont hate it at all. No idea if he'd be better or worse than Kyrie there, but I just think he's a good fit with KD/Harden.

Also Kyrie/Embiid would be a lot of fun.
For me it’s simple. With KD, if you have 1 of Kyrie or Harden healthy you are probably winning the title. If KD goes down, you still have a shot. Swap Kyrie for Simmons, if either KD or Harden misses games you’re cooked.

Shit happens in the NBA. Being able to withstand that stuff is crucial. Kyrie can scale up and down depending on what you need from him. Ben Simmons, at the highest level, clearly cannot without massive improvement.

Last edited by Rob S; Today at 02:27 AM.
Old Today, 02:42 AM   #54874
TACKS
Super Senior Member

I wouldn't have said this maybe 5 months ago but the Nets shouldn't hedge on being a Tier S offensive team for more defense. Offense is just substantially more important in the NBA right now and in general teams are better off leaning into their strengths.

But also KD's not letting them trade Kyrie so it's a moot point.
TACKS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:54 AM   #54875
fenikz
LeBron James is a bitch

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:01 AM   #54876
Kyle
LeBron James is a bitch

Every Clipper game has 5x too many Steve Ballmer shots. No one gives a shit about Steve Ballmer.
Kyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:09 AM   #54877
KCJ58
2017 Mock Draft Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Every Clipper game has 5x too many Steve Ballmer shots. No one gives a shit about Steve Ballmer.
Do you not watch the NFL They do the same thing only they are all in the owners suite
KCJ58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:24 AM   #54878
TACKS
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
It feels ableist bc they only showing him because he claps, stomps, and screams all game like a spastic R-word.
TACKS is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
bbd is a voyer, bbd is coming back, bbd loses bets, block_sham_block_sham, dodododododo, hopelebronwinsbcfuckbbd, kat&wigrsoft, kcjfeelingsunny, kyrie carried lebron, no jazz in utah, paula cole, wherehaveallcowboysgone, zion fat off poboys