For The Sports  

Go Back   For The Sports > Sports Discussion

Old 06-21-2022, 03:46 PM   #18921
Jughead
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
he might prefer to keep him, but if puli wants to leave i think he ends up being sold
Agree about Ziyech but I think Werner is out before Puli. I think a lot will depend if we bring in a real striker too.
Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 03:33 PM   #18922
McGee
Super Senior Member

Going to get paid in LA is extremely on brand for late stage Bale but that feels like it kind of came out of nowhere, to me

Kalvin Phillips has impressed me in his role the last couple years, he’s not really a direct fit in the squad or as a Rodri backup but he works well enough. Ake style English tax squad player but he can probably get in the lineup more with all the subs they’ll be allowed/potentially next to Rodri at times

Wishing Gabby Jesus all the best at Arsenal, probably the best landing spot for him if he had to leave. He really showed a lot this year across the whole attacking line and Arsenal will suit that. Top Prem player, not even a matter that he wasn’t good enough for City because he definitely is, I think it’s a great pairing
McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 03:58 PM   #18923
nepg
LeBron James is a bitch

Bale is only playing this year to stay tuned up for the World Cup. MLS makes the most sense.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 06:35 PM   #18924
iowatreat
LeBron James is a bitch

Bale is going to absolutely skull fuck the MLS, when he feels like playing that is. He will easily be the best player in the league, knowing nothing about LAFC it'll be interesting to see how the team performs around him.
iowatreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 07:12 PM   #18925
McGee
Super Senior Member

Bale should enjoy some success but 23 year old Cucho Hernandez willingly moved to Ohio so he had better tear up this league
Old 06-26-2022, 12:39 AM   #18926
Lil Quip
Super Senior Member

Without knowing anything about Bale, you would assume he would go to LA to rub elbows with the celebs and the live the Hollywood lifestyle.

Except a quick perusal of his wiki seems to paint him as the homebody type. Seems more like the play in New York, live the CT burbs life to me. Maybe his wife wants to be an 'actress.'
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 12:43 AM   #18927
iowatreat
LeBron James is a bitch

You overlook that he will be spending 90% of his non-world cup training time on the golf course and even more after the world cup. Going somewhere with winter was never happening.
Old 06-26-2022, 01:19 AM   #18928
Lil Quip
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat View Post
You overlook that he will be spending 90% of his non-world cup training time on the golf course and even more after the world cup. Going somewhere with winter was never happening.
I understand, but you go to the LA soccer teams if you want to live the Hollywood lifestyle or you married some thott that wants to be an actress. If you want to get into the entertainment industry, LA is a great place to spend your twilight years.

If you are a single high level good looking soccer player, I could easily imagine the draw of playing in Miami also.

I am not attacking the move, as it is smart long term. The draw of coming to the MLS is easy money, low expectations and auxiliary benefits, which LA offers an infinite amount of.

Plus if you are a guy who looks like Gareth Bale, I would try to get myself a cameo or two.

Last edited by Lil Quip; 06-26-2022 at 01:26 AM.
Old 06-26-2022, 02:22 AM   #18929
iowatreat
LeBron James is a bitch

I think you are overthinking it a little. He likely would only go to a big market team, for the best price, and in warm climate. I would be absolutely shocked given his personality if he does anything in Hollywood outside of maybe some commercials.

LA probably just backed the truck up and also gives him the best golf.
Old 06-26-2022, 05:09 AM   #18930
Caddy
Super Senior Member

Bale to LA makes perfect sense. He gets to join the best team currently, make bank, live in a nice-ish area with warm weather, and train for the World Cup. Cardiff would've been a cute story, but I'm not surprised at all he's gone the MLS route. If he puts in ever 75% effort during matches he'll dominate.
Caddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 06:21 AM   #18931
Lil Quip
Super Senior Member

Quote:
I think you are overthinking it a little. He likely would only go to a big market team, for the best price, and in warm climate. I would be absolutely shocked given his personality if he does anything in Hollywood outside of maybe some commercials.

LA probably just backed the truck up and also gives him the best golf.
San Jose missed out. San Jose to Pebble Beach is a bit of a hike, but infinitely better than LA to Torrey Pines.
Old 06-29-2022, 12:40 AM   #18932
comahan
Super Senior Member

Raphinha is interesting, he has many Ziyech qualities, but mixed with a bit of Di Maria, while having excellent workrate without the ball, both offensively and defensively. Not my favourite possible signing, but I think he's certainly an upgrade to what we've had in similar areas.

I know people joke about him playing wingback, but with his defensive workrate I think it wouldnt be out of the realm of possibility as cover for James, or if Tuchel really values James as a RCB due to his skillset, more than cover.
Old 06-29-2022, 01:14 AM   #18933
nepg
LeBron James is a bitch

Was really hoping Newcastle could sweep in and grab Raphina as he's exactly what's needed on the right side. Too busy securing Botman and getting dicked around by Ekitike's agent.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 01:44 AM   #18934
iowatreat
LeBron James is a bitch

Chelsea swiping him from Arsenal is just *chef's kiss*.
Old 06-29-2022, 02:23 AM   #18935
McGee
Super Senior Member

Think pretty much anybody could use a Raphinha, no landing spot would have surprised me really. Felt like a big number for Arsenal to get to after Vieira and Jesus though
Old 06-30-2022, 11:25 AM   #18936
iowatreat
LeBron James is a bitch

Richarlison to sports Spurs for 60M and I'm incredibly torn on how to feel.
Old 06-30-2022, 12:04 PM   #18937
Caddy
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Richarlison to sports Spurs for 60M and I'm incredibly torn on how to feel.
Why feel anything but positive? Proven PL talent, entering his prime, and a great fit for Conte's system. Expensive yes, but that's what a player like that costs in 2022 unfortunately.
Caddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 03:30 PM   #18938
McGee
Super Senior Member

keep loading up Spurs, make this fun

Steffen looks Championship bound. Good move all around, he got his trophy moment but man was he a stylistic outcast in this team.
Old 06-30-2022, 05:51 PM   #18939
iowatreat
LeBron James is a bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Why feel anything but positive? Proven PL talent, entering his prime, and a great fit for Conte's system. Expensive yes, but that's what a player like that costs in 2022 unfortunately.
It's more that I dislike him personally. The talent and price are good with me.
Old 07-01-2022, 03:32 PM   #18940
Zak
LeBron James is a bitch

I don't want Neymar. Please stay away.
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
argentinlol, chelolsea, nfl is much better, reggaeboyz, soccer is no football, sunderlol, sunderloland, wondololski